Television TV Show Thread

I liked the stand Ep 1 as well, heard it was getting torn apart by reviewers? I never read the book, so I imagine it's purists being upset? Hopefully they are doing justice to the source material.

The Wilds looked interesting as well. I'm a Trump fan, so why would I be triggered by it lol? Is it feminist/man bashing trash or something?
Lots of lesbians and minorities and just over all female empowerment - but flawed empowerment (if that makes sense).

I have not read The Stand since like the mid-90s so I cannot comment. I understand the fanatics point of view when books, etc, move to tv or the big screen but fuck unless it's just completely off base I just go with it. I'm there to enjoy and take my mind off of the world.

I'm excited for the 2nd episode. Hopefully it doesn't go the way of Lovecraft Country (I liked it up to episode 7 then it just started to go off base for me).

Anyhow, I'm still jacked up ( from Friday afternoon) over the season finale of The Mandalorian.

I zoned out the first go around too. I think they released the first two episodes on sci-fi a couple of months before the series actually aired. I had watched it with my buddy on our phone, as we loved watching things in the parking lot at our local coffee shop. It needs to be watched a big screen with a good sound system, top notch CGI/sets.

I didn't get into until midway through season 3 was out, where I was able to binge much of it. Holy fuck it gets good, especially S2 and 3. That initial slow pace/world building really pays off.

I'm a massive sci-fi fan, and this feels as grounded as anything ever released, while introducing some fantastical/physics defying (as we know it) elements.

S4 is slower again, but again it helps set the stage for a whole new way of being after a certain incident takes place. S5 so far is back to form!
I do realise I'm missing a treat with this so I'll try and power through the first season so I can get to the good stuff. I appreciate the post, it's egging me on to get involved again. That's a nice thought watching it with your friend though even if it was on your phone.

I'm very behind the times on this, but just finished watching S1 of Carnival Row.

It was... fine, definitely not good enough to justify the fortune it must have cost.

I find myself constantly intrigued by all of the mystery surrounding the alien elements of this season. I know it isn't a huge part of the season, but I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a science fiction series that has a similar vibe. Something that takes place on earth where the aliens are mysterious and not all up in your face constantly. Something similar to something like fire in the sky, the 4th kind, or like Signs. Any recommendations like this would be greatly appreciated.

The 4400 was pretty good for the first 2 or 3 seasons.

If you haven't seen it, watch at least the first episode before you look it up. The whole alien thing is a mystery that you might not want spoiled.

The finale is great with build, but I'd think if you've watched a majority of the seasons, you'd get it. It does carry on from the previous episode a little bit, but you'd get the gist from the recap. I think it would be worth it to catch up.

How did it end? You can put it in spoilers idc. I quit watching it years back and I know they originally planned on ending it after season 5. After that it felt like they were just writing whatever they could think of to keep the show going. I checked out after the leviathan season.

I do realise I'm missing a treat with this so I'll try and power through the first season so I can get to the good stuff. I appreciate the post, it's egging me on to get involved again. That's a nice thought watching it with your friend though even if it was on your phone.
We would use the shop's wifi, which reached certain parking spaces lol. We did it mainly so we could smoke and still keep watching, as neither of us smoked inside. Vape's took care of the nasty smell :D

Anyway, I hope you give it another shot, there's something special with this, especially the main crew when they get their ship. This show does diversity perfectly too, no hamfisted tokenism, just well written characters.

I watched The Spanish Princess season 2 this weekend, it was good, wonder if there will be a season 3 or if it will spinoff into something else (The French Queen?) sorry if that's spoilerish, shouldn't be these series are based on history

Finished The Wilds last night - pretty damn good. I'm hooked. Every character seems to be a villain and unlikeable. LOL.

Really enjoyed Breaking Bad and Ozark.

I watched Sons of Anarchy more or less when it came out but never finished the entire series. Should I watch SoA from start to finish or start a series such as The Wire or The Sopranos?

I watched Sons of Anarchy more or less when it came out but never finished the entire series. Should I watch SoA from start to finish or start a series such as The Wire or The Sopranos?
Sopranos is vastly superior to Sons of Anarchy, If you watched the first few seasons of SoA, you got the best out of it.

I have not seen the Wire, but by all accounts it is definitely far ahead of SoA.

Sopranos is vastly superior to Sons of Anarchy, If you watched the first few seasons of SoA, you got the best out of it.

I have not seen the Wire, but by all accounts it is definitely far ahead of SoA.
I appreciate the insight, sounds like I'm going to give The Sopranos a run. Love a show with violence drugs and sex so I should be in for a treat

I appreciate the insight, sounds like I'm going to give The Sopranos a run. Love a show with violence drugs and sex so I should be in for a treat

Sopranos might be my top show ever. I switch between a few but idt you'll be disappointed.

NBC Developing Female Lead ZORRO from Robert Rodriguez and Sofia Vergara

ONQzkyq.jpg

NBC is developing Zorro, a contemporary take on the classic masked vigilante character with a gender swap. It comes from a high-profile creative team, which includes filmmaker Robert Rodriguez, writer-director Rebecca Rodriguez, Sofia Vergara and her LatinWe, as well as Ben Siverman and Howard T. Owens’ Propagate. CBS Studios, where Propagate has a deal, will co-produce with Universal TV.

Co-written by the brother and sister duo of Robert and Rebecca Rodriguez and to be directed by Rebecca, Zorro centers on Sola Dominguez, an underground artist who fights for social injustice as contemporary version of the mythical Zorro. Her life is threatened by several criminal organizations after she exposes them.

Robert Rodriguez and Rebecca Rodriguez executive produce with Silverman, Owens, Rodney Ferrell, Greg Lipstone and Jay Weisleder for Propagate, Vergara and Luis Balaguer for LatinWe, Geoff Clark, Eric Bromberg and John Gertz.

Propagate set out to develop a TV series re-imagining of Zorro with a female protagonist last season as one of the company’s first projects under its first-look deal with CBS Studios. The idea’s first incarnation, written by Alfredo Barrios Jr., also was set up at NBC.

Vergara and Silverman are frequent collaborators; they have teamed to produce together several projects over the past decade while Silverman was at Electus and after her joined Propagate, including the ABC drama series Killer Women.

Robert Rodriguez was attached to direct The Mask of Zorro and cast Antonio Banderas as the title role before leaving the feature project.

https://deadline.com/2020/12/zorro-...ate-ben-silverman-nbc-reimagening-1234653379/
<LikeReally5><WhatIsThis><DisgustingHHH><{clintugh}>

Sopranos is brilliant, SoA was fun. I'm jealous you're watching it for the first time.

I'm going to watch The Sopranos after I watch Queen of the South. Started it a couple days ago, I highly recommend t his show.

If you need it for free streaming hit me I got you.

Alright episode 3 of Locke and Key, I think this show is great and the kid is less crappy as it goes

But the male model dad annoys me tremendously. He looks like an older brother to the male lead rather than a dad.

ghostbusters_600.jpg

Imo these kinda dudes look like dads rather than older bros

i caught up on billions and finished mandalorian. i guess im gonna start that new bryan cranston show your honor

I was watching Dr 90210. I seem to have a thing for shows about
plastic surgery. Man, the litres of fat they suck of these women.

Back