Television TV Show Thread

oh no, I was very exited as well. Started strong, got a bit strange in the middle but then it finished strong

sometimes I go back and just watch the final few episodes
Trent and Atticus did a great score but I lost what was going on.

HELSTROM Canceled at Hulu After One Season, Ending Jeph Loeb Era of Live-Action Marvel Television

f82b8f1726a41bafad00a2c7acd345f9.jpg

Marvel series “Helstrom” has been canceled at Hulu after one season, Variety has learned. The move to cancel the series was not a surprising one, as “Helstrom” was the last live-action show produced by the now defunct Marvel Television unit under Jeph Loeb. The writing may have also been on the wall due to the fact that marketing materials for “Helstrom” — including its trailer and key art — did not include the word “Marvel” despite being based on Marvel comic book characters.

The show’s cancellation serves as a muted end to Loeb’s live-action efforts at Marvel, which at one time included six shows on Netflix as well as “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D” on ABC, “Legion” on FX, “Cloak & Dagger” on Freeform, “The Gifted” on Fox, and “Runaways” on Hulu. All of those have either been canceled or wrapped up their runs in the past two years.

Loeb is not completely out of the Marvel picture as of yet, however. Two Marvel animated series — “M.O.D.O.K” and “Hit-Monkey” — on which Loeb is an executive producer are both still in the works at Hulu, though they were originally supposed to be part of a four-series Marvel crossover event that has since been scrapped.

“Helstrom” was originally ordered to series in May 2019 alongside a live-action “Ghost Rider” series starring Gabriel Luna, though that show was scrapped in September that same year.

Fans of live-action Marvel fare need not fret for long. Marvel Studios under Kevin Feige has a range of live-action shows in the works for streamer Disney Plus featuring characters from the MCU while also introducing new ones. First up is “WandaVision” on Jan. 15, with with “The Falcon and Winter Soldier” on deck for March 19. “Loki” will then follow in May. Others include “Hawkeye” starring Jeremy Renner and Hailee Steinfeld, “She-Hulk” starring Tatiana Maslany, “Ms. Marvel” starring newcomer Iman Vellani, and “Moon Knight” with Oscar Isacc in early talks to star. Variety exclusively reported in September that Samuel L. Jackson will return as Nick Fury in a series in development at Disney Plus. Feige confirmed at last week’s Disney Investor day that show will be based on the “Secret Invasion” comics, along with a host of other projects. Those include “Armor Wars” starring Don Cheadle and “Ironheart” starring Dominique Thorne.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/helstrom-canceled-hulu-1234852955/

A Forensic Files episode dealing with a Summer of Sam-like killer on now. Good shit.

W7NmE8A.jpg

This Japanese/British series really surprised me with how much heart it has. Great crime story at the forefront, but what really makes it special is how much it makes you care for the main cast of characters and the bond they end up forming.

It also has some great humour mixed in as well from one of the characters.

I give it a solid 8 out of 10.
Overall, I recommend it, although I have mixed feelings on the ending.

Last edited:

This Japanese/British series really surprised me with how much heart it has. Great crime story at the forefront, but what really makes it special is how much it makes you care for the main cast of characters and the bond they end up forming.

It also has some great humour mixed in as well from one of the characters.

I give it a solid 8 out of 10.
Overall, I recommend it, although I have mixed feelings on the ending.

What's it called? Because the video is geo blocked

First three episodes of THE EXPANSE season 5 have been released. Not bad so far. This is the best sci fi around at the moment.

I keep forgetting to watch Helstrom, kinda bummed to hear about the cancellation though

First three episodes of THE EXPANSE season 5 have been released. Not bad so far. This is the best sci fi around at the moment.
I wish I could get past the first season. I know it gets super good but I zoned out.

I wish I could get past the first season. I know it gets super good but I zoned out.
Season 1 is a little slow but it picks up. Season 2 and 3 are amazing. Season 4 is good but a little slow at times. Season 5 seems interesting so far. Insane event at the end of s5E3 has me clamoring for more episodes.

I said the same thing as you because season 1 does take 5-6 episodes to pick up steam but if you are a fan of sci fi you're doing yourself a disservice by not watching.

Season 1 is a little slow but it picks up. Season 2 and 3 are amazing. Season 4 is good but a little slow at times. Season 5 seems interesting so far. Insane event at the end of s5E3 has me clamoring for more episodes.

I said the same thing as you because season 1 does take 5-6 episodes to pick up steam but if you are a fan of sci fi you're doing yourself a disservice by not watching.
I'm a fan of adult sci-fi which is why everyone was drilling me to watch it. I have 9 days off over Christmas so I might try it out again. I'm a Firefly and BSG nut, I know it kind of falls in a similar line.

Season finale of “The Undoing” on HBO.
Totally garbage show, the plot was hardly worth an episode of Law & Order.
HBO is such trash. I meant to cancel after the last season of GoT, but shies that looked good, which turned out to be shit, kept popping up. I cancelled a couple of weeks ago, but still have some time left. Netflix and these other content creators have really eaten HBO’s lunch.

I’ll re-up for S3 of Doom Parton.

The Undoing, just started. Looks really good, HBO redeeming themselves.

I didn't think The Undoing was so bad. There were many ways the plot could have been taken but in the end, it points out that you can never really know anybody.

I kind of wonder if it related to Tom Cruise.

First episode of The Stand was great.

Have been watching The Wilds - pretty decent show. Like the feminist version of Lord of the Flies (if you're a trumpkin don't watch you might be triggered in to a heart attack).

Dudes!!!! I'm sitting in my dining room listening to the show my wife and mother in law are watching. They are watching some "I'm in love with a Mama's Boy" show.

Holy fucking shit!! Tell me this is scripted "reality", and there aren't really losers like this out there in the wild?

First episode of The Stand was great.

Have been watching The Wilds - pretty decent show. Like the feminist version of Lord of the Flies (if you're a trumpkin don't watch you might be triggered in to a heart attack).
I liked the stand Ep 1 as well, heard it was getting torn apart by reviewers? I never read the book, so I imagine it's purists being upset? Hopefully they are doing justice to the source material.

The Wilds looked interesting as well. I'm a Trump fan, so why would I be triggered by it lol? Is it feminist/man bashing trash or something?

I'm a fan of adult sci-fi which is why everyone was drilling me to watch it. I have 9 days off over Christmas so I might try it out again. I'm a Firefly and BSG nut, I know it kind of falls in a similar line.
I zoned out the first go around too. I think they released the first two episodes on sci-fi a couple of months before the series actually aired. I had watched it with my buddy on our phone, as we loved watching things in the parking lot at our local coffee shop. It needs to be watched a big screen with a good sound system, top notch CGI/sets.

I didn't get into until midway through season 3 was out, where I was able to binge much of it. Holy fuck it gets good, especially S2 and 3. That initial slow pace/world building really pays off.

I'm a massive sci-fi fan, and this feels as grounded as anything ever released, while introducing some fantastical/physics defying (as we know it) elements.

S4 is slower again, but again it helps set the stage for a whole new way of being after a certain incident takes place. S5 so far is back to form!

Back