Television TV Show Thread

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, Mar 18, 2019.

1. leatherneck https://www.facebook.com/marriottleatherneck/

I DID, you just wouldnt listen.

about time, woman.

hope yer New Years was rad.

fingercuffs likes this.
  2. fingercuffs Bills Mafia Platinum Member

Oh, man. You're a gem, thank you haha. We obviously have very similar tastes, we're clearly not right in the head if we find violence like this funny as fuck. Love it. Last one I watched was the one with the bike and the pool :D

I dearly hope they do another season.Even the story with the fat cop and the boss' cancer has had me rolling.

leatherneck likes this.
  3. leatherneck https://www.facebook.com/marriottleatherneck/

we do.

the cop with the non-cancer is the best part. wait til his Muay Thai fight scene.

i really want them to do another season badly... supposedly if it does well on Amazon its a possbility. last time i was that annoyed about a cancelled show was The OA.

4. FyrFytr998 Dig Your Way Out (2021)

I would like to thank Netflix’s History of Swear Words for giving me this gem......

This chick will make Cardi B blush. NSFW use headphones.

leatherneck likes this.
  5. fingercuffs Bills Mafia Platinum Member

Happy New Year to you too, sozzles.

I loved the first season of the OA but was having a bit of real life emotional crap going on so avoided the second. Is it worth it even though it got canned?

leatherneck likes this.
  6. leatherneck https://www.facebook.com/marriottleatherneck/

hmmm.... thats a tough question, to be honest.

- i love The OA, but its NOT for everyone.
    - the 2nd season is even weirder than the 1st, but i liked is the way it ended (yes, a cliffhanger, but i finally felt i know whats happening
    - it survived one cancellation, i half expect it to be resurrected, but im not sure.

what i DO think you will really like is the Nazi hunter show on Amazon w Al Pacino

(if you havent seen it. its awesome. very dark humor)

-Magua- and fingercuffs like this.
  7. fingercuffs Bills Mafia Platinum Member

Is it sort of tongue in cheek? At least if I watch the OA I will know in advance that it was cancelled. Though that didn't work with Carnivale, I was still gutted.
    I got proper emotionally tied in with The OA though, it was such an awesome intriguing concept.

leatherneck likes this.
  8. leatherneck https://www.facebook.com/marriottleatherneck/

- CARVIVALE WAS RAD. that was such a great show..

- if you liked the 1st season of OA, then you will prob like the 2nd, its just weirder and the first 2 episodes are slow,

but THEN you get a giant squid playing w Brit Marling's snatch, if yer in to that (i was)

[​IMG]

- the show on Amazon i was just talking about is Hunters. its suspense and murder, and dark humor. like if the movie "Heathers" was about Nazis hiding in the U.S. if you find these clips funny, check out the show:

-Magua- and fingercuffs like this.
  9. fingercuffs Bills Mafia Platinum Member

Damn, friend. After Im done with Naked & Afraid I'm in for squid snatching haha.

leatherneck likes this.
  10. Misfit23 Black Belt

Been trying to get into 12.monkeys but having a.hard time of it. There's not really any likeable characters. Love the expanse though and the current season.

leatherneck likes this.
  11. leatherneck https://www.facebook.com/marriottleatherneck/

this i agree with, the main character, his buddy and the Dr all annoyed me, but i ended up glad i watched it.

im super annoyed with the slow drip release of Expanse this season.

12. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

13. kimocomplex Silver Belt

finally got around to Hanna Season 2,
    i like when its about Hanna, not so much all the other stuff

[​IMG]

John Mabrey likes this.
  14. leatherneck https://www.facebook.com/marriottleatherneck/

same...

im tired in general of all the Femme Nikita ripoffs- Hanna, Anna, Jana..

15. Rand M Arthur Green Belt

As someond who thoroughly enjoyed Mads Mickelsen's Hannibal, I'm down for this.

If anyone else liked that, or the look of this, watch Cardinal from CBC. It is fantastic.

16. Hitmandn Red Belt

Has anybody watched Ted Lasso ? Man what an uplifting show. Such a comfort watch.

Sunnyvale TP and Jackonfire like this.
  17. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

SEX AND THE CITY Officially Revived at HBO Max with 10 New Episodes

[​IMG]

Sex and the City is officially returning to television. Original stars Sarah Jessica Parker (Carrie), Kristin Davis (Charlotte) and Cynthia Nixon (Miranda) made the announcement Sunday on social media that their former HBO comedy will live on with a new chapter on the premium cable network's streaming sibling, HBO Max. The new series will be called And Just Like That …, a nod to the original series. It will follow Carrie, Miranda and Charlotte as they navigate friendship in their 50s. Production on the series will begin in late spring in New York.

Michael Patrick King, who won an Emmy for his work directing the series, and wrote and directed both of its feature films, is returning to exec produce the new take. The new Sex and the City will run for 10 episodes. Parker, Davis and Nixon will also exec produce. Original series creator Darren Star, who has a rich overall deal with ViacomCBS, is not involved. A search for a showrunner is under way and staffing for the writers' room has also recently begun.

Fellow original star Kim Cattrall (Samantha) is not involved in the HBO Max incarnation. The actress has openly feuded with Parker and, more in October 2017, was vocal about seeing her part being recast in a bid to improve the original comedy's inclusivity.

Sex and the City, based on the essays from Candace Bushnell, ran for six seasons from 1998-2008 on HBO and took home the Emmy for best comedy series in 2001, with stars Parker and Nixon also winning statuettes for their respective roles in 2004. Created by Star and exec produced by King, Sex and the City explored a group of single women dating in New York. The series also spawned feature films in 2008 and 2010 as well as a two-season prequel series on The CW, The Carrie Diaries, from former writer Amy B. Harris. A third film was scrapped in 2017. Cattrall was vocal at the time that she did not want to participate in any extensions of the franchise.

A premiere timeframe for the new Sex and the City has not yet been determined. Here's Parker's post on social announcing the new series:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/sex-and-the-city-officially-revived-at-hbo-max

fingercuffs likes this.
  18. fingercuffs Bills Mafia Platinum Member

I'm really nervous about this, I really hope they don't screw it up.

19. Jackonfire BMF Mod Staff Member Senior Moderator

I thought it was great. I was glad to hear there will be a second season.

20. Zookeeper Gabe Animal Feces Engineer

I couldn’t get past the 4th episode of that show, I felt it was so bland and poorly put together. I’m always willing to give a show a chance at picking up but 4ep was too much.

if anyone is looking for a good rom-com series Home For Christmas on Netflix was shockingly good. Norwegian series, short episodes and short seasons