Television TV Show Thread

Finished Barkskins, well worth a binge, I do hope there's a season 2

One big criticism is the final episode is quite disjointed especially in one area (spoiler). Apparently it was meant to be 10 episodes but they had trouble with weather and it got cut to 9, and then they ran out of time to build some of the set (everything was built from scratch on location) so it got further reduced to 8.

If anything that leaves it needing a season 2 even more to tie up some of the loose ends

Episode 7 ends with a group of nuns in the forest surrounded by indians who have arrows pointing at them. Episode 8 starts with no mention whatsoever of the nuns or what happened to them and we are never told what happened to the nuns. they basically vanish into thin air)

I think city on a hill is coming back for season 2

Has anyone seen most dangerous game? I randomly saw a trailer and it looked decent

Doing a duvet day bingeing History channel’s Alone. Good so far, not on Naked and Afraid’s level though

He's in mourning because Coulson and Baby from Dirty Dancing broke up IRL.
I couldn't believe how different she looked from DD on some talent show. Serious work on her nose. Still attractive though, right?
I did not know they split up. Yeah, Jennifer Grey is totally unrecognizable for the past few decades.

Anyone watching season two of Hanna?
I got stuck in the first episode a while back and just forgot to return to it. I'll binge the first season since you're recommending it.

Anyone watch the most dangerous game? Just randomly saw a trailer for it and looks decent
I did not know about this show. It looks really interesting. Thanks.

Tried to look for a downloadable copy, no such luck yet.

I tried episode one of Warrior Nun. So boring. The mood is so somber, lifeless and dull. Won't be wasting my time on the series.

warrior-nun-netflix-review.jpg
I made it 5 episodes. I don’t think I can go on. The writing and characters are so dull and lifeless and antiquated. Even the fight scenes are terrible. Even the lore sucks. The Asian nun and the female Elon Musk are the only saving graces in this show.

i saw it on iptorrents
Thanks!

I'm about three episodes in and it's a snoozer so far.
Oops. I misunderstood your initial post and thought you were recommending it. Now I'm in no hurry to binge Hanna.

I made it 5 episodes. I don’t think I can go on. The writing and characters are so dull and lifeless and antiquated. Even the fight scenes are terrible. Even the lore sucks. The Asian nun and the female Elon Musk are the only saving graces in this show.
Good to know I made the right choice in bailing out after the first episode. Thanks.

Javicia Leslie is the New Batwoman After Ruby Rose's Departure from The CW Show

Rwsstia.jpg

The CW has found its new Batwoman. Javicia Leslie will take over the title role in The CW series' second season, following the departure of star Ruby Rose at the end of season one. She'll play a character named Ryan Wilder, becoming the first Black actress to play Batwoman in a live-action TV or film production.

"I am extremely proud to be the first Black actress to play the iconic role of Batwoman on television, and as a bisexual woman, I am honored to join this groundbreaking show which has been such a trailblazer for the LGBTQ+ community," said Leslie.

Leslie takes over the lead role from Rose, who departed Batwoman following the show's first season. "I have made the very difficult decision to not return to Batwoman next season," Rose said in announcing her departure. "This was not a decision I made lightly as I have the utmost respect for the cast, crew and everyone involved with the show in both Vancouver and in Los Angeles."

The show's producers, including showrunner Caroline Dries and executive producer Greg Berlanti, opted to create a new character rather than hire someone to replace Rose as Kate Kane. Dries also said — in response to an online report that Kate would be killed in the show — that she wouldn't do that: "I love Kate Kane — she's the reason I wanted to do the show. We'll never erase her," Dries said. "In fact, her disappearance will be one of the mysteries of season two. I don't want to give away any of our surprises, but to all our devoted fans, please know that LGBTQ+ justice is at the very core of what Batwoman is and we have no intention of abandoning that."

Leslie's character, Ryan Wilder, is described as "likable, messy, a little goofy and untamed. She’s also nothing like Kate Kane, the woman who wore the Batsuit before her. With no one in her life to keep her on track, Ryan spent years as a drug-runner, dodging the GCPD and masking her pain with bad habits. Today Ryan lives in her van with her plant. A girl who would steal milk for an alley cat and could also kill you with her bare hands, Ryan is the most dangerous type of fighter: highly skilled and wildly undisciplined. An out lesbian. Athletic. Raw. Passionate. Fallible. And very much not your stereotypical All-American hero."

Rose praised Leslie's casting on Instagram, writing, "This is amazing!! I'm so glad Batwoman will be played by an amazing Black woman."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/batwoman-taps-javicia-leslie-take-title-role-1302532

GLEE Star Naya Rivera Reported Missing After Boat Ride in California Lake

750224.jpg

Authorities went searching for Glee actress Naya Rivera on Wednesday night after her 4-year-old son Josey was found floating alone in a rented boat in Lake Piru.

According to Ventura County Sheriff's Department, Rivera reportedly rented a boat at 1 p.m. on Wednesday. Three hours later, another boater found her son in a boat by himself wearing a life vest. Sheriff's officials launched a search using helicopters, drones and dive teams on Wednesday afternoon. At 10:39 p.m., the Ventura County Sheriff's Twitter wrote that search and rescue for Rivera, noted as a possible drowning victim, had been suspended and would continue "at first light" on Thursday.

Rivera's son, whose father is Ryan Dorsey, is reported to be unharmed. He reportedly told authorities that he and his mother went for a swim, but his mother never returned to the boat.

On Tuesday, Rivera had tweeted a photo of her kissing Josey with the caption, "just the two of us."

Lake Piru is located in Ventura County, California, in the Los Padres National Forest, over 50 miles north of Los Angeles.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...eported-missing-boat-ride-los-angeles-1302575

Back