Television TV Show Thread

@fingercuffs I've been meaning to ask you. Have you seen THE MAGICIANS yet? It starts out a bit wobbly but makes great strides by the end of season one. And it just gets better and better after that. This is my Buffy the Vampire Slayer of the 2010s. There's two characters here (Eliot and Margo) that for some reason I feel that you would really love.

the-magicians.jpg

I kinda felt that the first season of The Sinner was an overdrawn 2-hour movie.

Haven't watched season 2 or 3 yet.

While I liked the first season I can somehow agree with you, it could've been done with 2 episodes less.

I would still recommend season 2 even if it still has the same problems as first one.

Yep. I think I posted the trailer a few pages back. Series looks interesting. I like the Arthurian mythology, so I'm definitely going to check it out.

I don't know the star of it at all but I like Frank Miller. He did great work on Sin City and 300. The sequels of both didn't land but this isn't a sequel so there's hope lol

Perry Mason and I’ll Be Gone In The Dark are two good new entries on HBO.

My HBO just crapped out on me. I had already watched the pilot of Perry Mason but that's it so am not crazy invested but I am bummed. It's my brothers account that he canceled like 6 months ago and it finally stopped working.

I watched a few episodes a few years ago and I liked it to begin with but wasn't mad fussed. I assume if it's still running it's pretty good?
Yes, it gets a whole lot better. Power through the first season and it will reward you with a shocking season finale.

IMO this is the Buffy for the 2010s.

Anyone seen Yellowstone? I just got Paramount and may check it out.

currently binging Barkskins

upload_2020-7-3_21-19-45.png

Its ok if you are into 18th century colonist stuff. Its nothing we havnt seen before, but its only a limited run miniseries and its good enough to make me want to watch it all. I do like David Thewlis and his character suggests a promise of something dark and chaotic towards the end.

As for "Magicians", jumping on the above discussion. Ive tried to watch episode 1 about three times now and given up about 30 minutes in every time.

Back