Television TV Show Thread

I tried episode one of Warrior Nun. So boring. The mood is so somber, lifeless and dull. Won't be wasting my time on the series.

warrior-nun-netflix-review.jpg

As for "Magicians", jumping on the above discussion. Ive tried to watch episode 1 about three times now and given up about 30 minutes in every time.
I feel you. I wasn't really blown away by the first few episodes of The Magicians but there was something in there that I kept coming back week after week. And I'm glad I did because the story got much deeper and better, the characters became more likable (especially after season one).

I want to counter his recommendation. I watched like 2 seasons because a friend encouraged me and it's terrible. Find something better to do with your time.
Well, I must admit it's not for everybody.

*likes*
I think @Dragonlordxxxxx mentioned it to me because he knows I'm a Whedonite. I'll give it another crack next week, bugger all else to do.
Ok but just don't expect it to be exactly like Buffy. The Magicians has its own distinct atmosphere, pacing and flavor.

@fingercuffs I've been meaning to ask you. Have you seen THE MAGICIANS yet? It starts out a bit wobbly but makes great strides by the end of season one. And it just gets better and better after that. This is my Buffy the Vampire Slayer of the 2010s. There's two characters here (Eliot and Margo) that for some reason I feel that you would really love.

the-magicians.jpg
"Its all dicks and daddy issues from here on out"

I feel you. I wasn't really blown away by the first few episodes of The Magicians but there was something in there that I kept coming back week after week. And I'm glad I did because the story got much deeper and better, the characters became more likable (especially after season one).

Well, I must admit it's not for everybody.

Ok but just don't expect it to be exactly like Buffy. The Magicians has its own distinct atmosphere, pacing and flavor.

Nothing is for everybody I was just being dumb. It's a popular show so I'm in the minority.

Cannot wait, the've been ready to go for so long. Just release it dammit!
We need a treat, dammit.

9/4, bro. Mark the date. Amazon are dropping the first three episodes in one shot. Then one episode per week after that. The show runner joked they need to give people a chance to recover from the first three episodes because they are so extreme.

9/4, bro. Mark the date. Amazon are dropping the first three episodes in one shot. Then one episode per week after that. The show runner joked they need to give people a chance to recover from the first three episodes because they are so extreme.
BUT THEY FILMED IT LIKE A YEAR AGO! Haha, talk about taunting us. That show is gold, I could use the escape right now.

BUT THEY FILMED IT LIKE A YEAR AGO! Haha, talk about taunting us. That show is gold, I could use the escape right now.

Agreed, man. We haven't had any new movies or shows for ages. Hell, I should have seen Black Widow nearly two months ago.

currently binging Barkskins

View attachment 779992

Its ok if you are into 18th century colonist stuff. Its nothing we havnt seen before, but its only a limited run miniseries and its good enough to make me want to watch it all. I do like David Thewlis and his character suggests a promise of something dark and chaotic towards the end.

4 episodes into this now and its definitely worth a binge if you are into historical fiction.

Another one of my favourite supporting actors has popped up as well, David Wilmot (Ripper Street as the desk sergeant, Black Sails - Israel Hands, The Alienist - Captain Connor and Resistance/Rebellion)

giphy.gif

I've BEEN have the guts to show my face around here, that's why I'm in my avatar pic proudly with the goat standing next to me

Back