Television TV Show Thread

D'oh! Both Santa Clarita Diet and Wrecked cancelled on the same day. Fack!!

GHOST RIDER and HELSTROM Live-Action Series Coming to Hulu in 2020

kiofgVn.jpg

Marvel, apparently, doesn't really need Netflix. The comic book powerhouse, fresh off a wave of high-profile cancellations at Netflix, has nabbed a pair of straight-to-series orders at Hulu — Ghost Rider and Helstrom, based on the comic book characters of the same name.

Both series will debut on Hulu in 2020. They join fellow live-action drama Runaways and a slate of four animated comedies (and a special) at Hulu. The news comes as Hulu is now majority controlled by Marvel Television parent company Disney.

Ghost Rider revolves around anti-hero Robbie Reyes, who, consumed by hellfire and supernaturally bound to a demon. Reyes lives on the Texas/Mexico border and when he unleashes the Rider, Robbie brings vengeance for the innocents he encounters, but struggles to control the power he wields. Ghost Rider will be executive produced by Ingrid Escajeda (Justified), who will serve as showrunner, Paul Zbyszewski (Agents of SHIELD, Lost) and Marvel TV boss Jeph Loeb.

Helstrom, meanwhile, revolves around Daimon and Ana Helstrom, the son and daughter of a mysterious and powerful serial killer. The siblings have a complicated dynamic as they track down the terrorizing worst of humanity — each with their attitude and skills. Helstrom is executive produced by Zbyszewski, who will serve as showrunner, and Loeb. Both shows will exist in the same universe as Hulu builds its second interconnected Marvel universe as the two live-action dramas and animated slate are akin to the five-show universe Marvel previously had at Netflix.

The news comes after ABC's Marvel drama, Agents of SHIELD, featured the character of Ghost Rider/Robbie Reyes with Gabriel Luna previously portraying the character in season four. Nicolas Cage also portrayed the Johnny Blaze iteration of the character in the 2007 feature Ghost Rider and its 2012 sequel.

Both series will be produced by Marvel Television and ABC Signature Studios.

All told, Hulu's Marvel slate now consists of season three of Runaways, Ghost Rider, Helstrom and animated comedies MODOK, Hit-Monkey, Tigra & Dazzler Show, Howard the Duck and team-up special The Offenders. (The latter title should be considered a dig at Netflix, whose live-action miniseries team-up was called The Defenders.)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...arvel-live-action-dramas-a-go-at-hulu-1206336

Gabriel Luna to Star as Robbie Reyes in Hulu's GHOST RIDER Live-Action Series

JblQMzc.jpg

Gabriel Luna is once again suiting up as Marvel’s Ghost Rider, but this time for Hulu.

Variety has learned exclusively that Luna will star in the recently announced Hulu live-action series based on the comic book character. This will mark the second time that Luna has played Ghost Rider, previously appearing as the character in the ABC-Marvel series “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” However, sources stress that this will be a completely new iteration of the character in no way connected to the “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” storyline.

In addition to his time on “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D,” Luna’s other television credits include “True Detective,” “Wicked City,” and “Matador.” On the feature side, he is set to appear in the upcoming “Terminator: Dark Fate” opposite Arnold Schwarzenegger and Linda Hamilton. He has previously appeared in films like “Bernie,” “Freehold,” and “Balls Out.”

Ghost Rider, also known as Robbie Reyes, is consumed by hellfire and supernaturally bound to a demon. He lives on the Texas/Mexico border and when he unleashes the Rider, Robbie brings vengeance for the innocents he encounters, but struggles to control the power he wields

Ingrid Escajeda will serve as showrunner and executive producer on “Ghost Rider,” with Paul Zbyszewski and Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb also executive producing.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/ghost-rider-gabriel-luna-hulu-series-1203202305/

TV Show Thread vol. 17

Welcome. This thread is for TV show news and discussion. Feel free to talk about your favorite shows in here as we have a lot of TV buffs who regularly post in here. You could also check in to see or ask around what new shows to watch or if they're good or not.

Note: Some of your posts might be copied and re-posted to the show's individual thread.

Tip: If you want to read the post relating to the thread title, go to the last page or use the "Search" function (magnifying glass icon on the upper right corner) because sometimes that particular post will get buried under all the news and discussion.

Link to previous thread: https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/150352107/
I'm trying, really trying to find something binge worthy on Netflix. I loved Narcos, Queen of the South and the Jason Bateman show, the name is escaping me at the moment. I can't find anything on there that is binge worthy besides these and the occasional documentary about earth, Our Planet etc. How is it that HBO still has all of the best written shows since netflix likes to throw around money; I digress; you have any binge worthy shows that you recommend?

I'm trying, really trying to find something binge worthy on Netflix. I loved Narcos, Queen of the South and the Jason Bateman show, the name is escaping me at the moment. I can't find anything on there that is binge worthy besides these and the occasional documentary about earth, Our Planet etc. How is it that HBO still has all of the best written shows since netflix likes to throw around money; I digress; you have any binge worthy shows that you recommend?
THE EXPANSE - Sci-fi's Game of Thrones. One of my all-time sci-fi favorite shows.

MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL - If you're in the mood for a laid-back 1950s comedy drama with brilliant writing.

THE LAST KINGDOM - Historical action drama similar to Vikings but consistently better and the protagonist is more likable.

AGENTS OF SHIELD - Power through season one and you'll be rewarded with a fun adventure drama.

If you are into animated series, I can recommend some for you as well.

THE EXPANSE - Sci-fi's Game of Thrones. One of my all-time sci-fi favorite shows.

MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL - If you're in the mood for a laid-back 1950s comedy drama with brilliant writing.

THE LAST KINGDOM - Historical action drama similar to Vikings but consistently better and the protagonist is more likable.

AGENTS OF SHIELD - Power through season one and you'll be rewarded with a fun adventure drama.

If you are into animated series, I can recommend some for you as well.
Thank you sir. The expanse is awesome, somehow stopped watching middle of season 2, I will finish watching it though. The Last Kingdom is what I'm going to try. I'll let you know what I think, not that you care but whatever.

Thank you sir. The expanse is awesome, somehow stopped watching middle of season 2, I will finish watching it though. The Last Kingdom is what I'm going to try. I'll let you know what I think, not that you care but whatever.
I do. So please post your comments when you're finished with The Last Kingdom.

Btw, have you seen Vikings?

Saw that The 100 season 6 premiered this week. Decided to catch up on season 5. Holy hell, what a dumb season. It's no secret that I've complaint about the characters' annoying flip-flopping and switching allegiances every season but season 5 took it to the extreme where characters switch sides every 2-3 episodes. Good thing I had my remote control to fast forward most of it.

Any good non-woke current TV-shows out there? Watching the Expanse and loving it

Saw that The 100 season 6 premiered this week. Decided to catch up on season 5. Holy hell, what a dumb season. It's no secret that I've complaint about the characters' annoying flip-flopping and switching allegiances every season but season 5 took it to the extreme where characters switch sides every 2-3 episodes. Good thing I had my remote control to fast forward most of it.

Good to know I’m not missing anything.

That show is my guilty pleasure....LOL. A grown ass man watching a CW show about teenagers ruling the world and the last humans. The leaders of the group make THE worst decisions ever. The mom of Clarke is terrible and should have been taken out a long time ago!

But for some reason I loved binge watching this show. I hope another season comes out!

BUT the women are smoking hot!! :) - Which is surprising considering they haven't been in the sun before and I'm sure they ran out of makeup a long time ago. However if the human race had to be restarted from these 100 people, I'm glad they kept all the good looking ones!

Awesome show! One of my ultimate favorites. Gets/Got a little overshadowed by Vikings but it's easily as good if not better.
Vikings was never good or great again after season 2.

Game of Thrones season 8 episode 4

Pretty good episode except for the part...
where Daenery could have flown to the rear of the fleet and attack them since the ships' ballistas are at the bow. The ships' sails would hinder their vision if she was at their backs. Plus why weren't there scouts or advance guards to check if the passage to Dragonstone was safe.

86rvl3G.jpg

CEod1EE.jpg

First Teaser Trailer for HBO's WATCHMEN Counts Down to the End of the World

Tick tock. Watchmen debuts this fall on HBO. From Damon Lindelof, Watchmen is a modern-day reimagining of Alan Moore's groundbreaking graphic novel about masked vigilantes.

Going to get back to Shooter season 3

2 was terrible
1 was quite good

Back