Television TV Show Thread

Announcement Trailer for VERONICA MARS Revival; Returns July 26 on Hulu

E3cGNLa.jpg

SKSzy72.gif

BILLIONS season 4 episode 4.

Wow, it's only the fourth episode but it felt like a season finale or at least a mid-season finale. The only thing I hate is that Chuck and Wendy are fighting again.

Well chuck did throw her pretty hard under the bus after they discussed the game plan. Worst of all chuck is turning into his dad. Should be interesting that Wendy may end up with Taylor being the major blow to Axe of the season.

Wendy and Wags are the only two ways to hurt Axe

Well chuck did throw her pretty hard under the bus after they discussed the game plan. Worst of all chuck is turning into his dad. Should be interesting that Wendy may end up with Taylor being the major blow to Axe of the season.

Wendy and Wags are the only two ways to hurt Axe
The reason for Wendy being pissed off at Chuck is valid. What I meant was those two already had a falling out in season two. I wished the writers didn't go with the same route with them. I prefer to see them against the world rather than them against each other's throats.

I just started season 2 of OA. Not sure what’s going on yet, but it’s different and fresh, and I like Brit Marling. Season 1 held me.

Loved Love Death and Robots.

Might be tapping out on Umbrella Academy after 3 episodes. The characters are unlike able so far.

The reason for Wendy being pissed off at Chuck is valid. What I meant was those two already had a falling out in season two. I wished the writers didn't go with the same route with them. I prefer to see them against the world rather than them against each other's throats.

I see what you're saying but I think they are setting up for Wendy vs Axe and Chuck with the payoff being Wendy going to work for Taylor

Official Images and Promo Poster from THE MANDALORIAN and Other New Details

The Mandalorian will be set 5 years after the events of Return of the Jedi, and before The First Order rose from the ashes of The Empire. "If you look throughout history, it's fun at first, but it gets very complicated very quickly. The idea of that world after The Return of the Jedi and what would happen and what sort of characters would survive, and what it was like until the new Republic took over,"said showrunner Jon Favreau. "You have vestiges of the Empire. You have only the strong surviving. You have chaos taking over the galaxy."

Pedro Pascal plays the titular "Mando," and he describes his still unnamed character as “a bounty hunter and a gunfighter. A mysterious lone gunfighter with a questionable moral character. And he’s a badass.” He'll be joined by Gina Carano's Cara Dune, who is an ex-Rebel Shock Trooper. "I'm a bit of a loner," Carano says of her character. "I’m having a bit of trouble reintegrating myself into society."

The third member of what appears to be a team of mercenaries is Grief Carga, who is played by Rocky veteran Carl Weathers. "He's the head of this guild of bounty hunters," said Weathers. "He's looking for someone to bring a product to a client. It's worth a lot, very valuable. Guess who he finds? He finds a bounty hunter named Mandalorian … he hires this guy, sends him out there, and Mando does what needs to be done."

Pedro Pascal as the Mandalorian
X5HcLJx.jpg

Gina Carano as Cara Dune
5EUyfeu.jpg

Carl Weathers as Grief Carga
h6QID77.jpg

H4EIqr3.jpg

D4IW_NDW4AE9Zkt.jpg

D4IIlbbUcAEeAEl.jpg:large-2000x687.jpg:large

SWCC Panel Pulls Back The Curtain On The Mandalorian; New Official Images Released

anyone seen warrior yet? i watched episode 1 last night.
@Dragonlordxxxxx was there a separate thread or it's all merged into this one for tv shows?

Game of Thrones season 8 episode 1

Loved it. All the character reunions were terrific. Great acting by Sam actor on receiving the bad news.

First Look at SWAMP THING in First Teaser; Premieres May 31 on DC Universe

Pablo Schreiber to Play Master Chief in Showtime's HALO Live-Action Series

J0V7EZA.jpg

Showtime has unveiled castings for its upcoming live-action Halotelevision series, based on the best-selling Xbox video game franchise.

As revealed in November, the show will revolve around Master Chief, the helmeted super-soldier at the center of the game series. Pablo Schreiber (American Gods, Orange Is the New Black) will star as the Spartan commando. There's no word on whether Schreiber's version of the character will remained masked like his video game counterpart.

Joining Schreiber is Australian newcomer Yerin Ha, who will play a newly created character in the Halo universe, Quan Ah. Quan Ah is described as a "shrewd, audacious 16-year-old from the Outer Colonies who meets Master Chief at a fateful time for them both." Ah was discovered during a worldwide casting search and is known for her stage work Down Under.

The Showtime series will follow plots set forth in the games, which focused on the 26th century conflict between humanity and the alien race known as the Covenant. The show will "weave deeply drawn personal stories with action, adventure and a richly imagined vision of the future."

The project will begin production in Budapest, Hungary, in the fall.

Halo is one of the most popular video game franchises in the world, having sold over 77 million copies and grossed more than $60 billion worldwide since its initial release in 2001.

Kyle Killen (Awake) and Steven Kane (The Last Ship) serve as co-showrunners and executive producers for the drama. The series is also executive produced by Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey for Amblin Television in partnership with 343 Industries, the current developers of the Halo games. Otto Bathurst and Toby Leslie are also exec producing for One Big Picture, along with Scott Pennington for Chapter Eleven and Karen Richards. The effort will be distributed globally by CBS Studios International.

In a nod to the scope that Showtime has in mind for Halo, Kane joined the series as co-showrunner in March as Killen wanted to bring in a second-in-command to help with the Budapest production. Halo, which Showtime described as its "most ambitious series ever," has already replaced directors after Rupert Wyatt departed (citing scheduling conflicts with an unknown other project). Wyatt was poised to helm multiple episodes and exec produce. He was replaced by Otto Bathurst (Black Mirror) and an episode was shaved off Halo's initial 10-episode order. The series was originally announced in 2014, with plans initially for the show to bow first on Showtime before moving to Xbox consoles. It's unclear if that is still in the cards.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...casts-pablo-schreiber-as-master-chief-1202661

THE GIFTED and REL Cancelled at Fox

6Dshlva.jpg

Fox has started ripping off the Band-Aid on its cancellations. The newly independent broadcast network has opted to cancel the sophomore drama The Gifted and the rookie comedy Rel.

The cancellations mark the first to come for the newly independent Fox Entertainment. Both shows were produced by 20th Century Fox Television, the TV studio that was included in the $71.3 billion asset sale from Fox to Disney.

The Gifted, which recently wrapped its second season, was produced by Marvel Television. Its renewal was considered a long shot, given that Marvel's TV fare is almost all now exclusively on Disney-owned platforms after Netflix cut ties with the company and canceled all of the comic book giant's remaining originals. (Hulu, which has Runaways and a slate of animated series, is now majority owned by Disney, as is FX, which has the final season of Legion due.)

Season two averaged fewer than 2 million viewers and just under a 0.6 rating, dropping 40 percent from its freshman run.

The freshman Rel, meanwhile, also hailed from 20th TV. The multicamera comedy starred Lil Rel Howery (The Carmichael Show, Get Out) as a guy whose life is put to the test when he learns that his wife is having an affair with his barber and tries to rebuild his life post-divorce as a long-distance single father on the South Side of Chicago. The series, inspired by Lil Rel's life, counted Jerrod Carmichael as an executive producer.

The cancellation arrives as the cast and creators are still mourning the passing of co-star Kevin Barnett. Rel was one of only a handful of new series that did not receive a back order for additional episodes this season.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/gifted-rel-canceled-at-fox-1202943

The Magicians season 4 finale.

Dat ending. Got teary-eyed at the whole "Take on Me" segment. Just beautifully done.

tenor.gif

I'm seeing these promos for an exclusive Spectrum on Demand TV show with Jessica Alba and she's very pretty in it and apparently likes Skittles.

L.A.'s Finest cop buddy TV show.

Last edited:
Back