Television TV Show Thread

That reveal about the zombies being active when it's cold was a shocking game changer. For many episodes, we were comforted of the knowledge that there was a safe time period during daylight.

Winter is coming indeed.

Yup that was a good play on zombies.

Me and the wife are finally finishing up season 2 of The Magicians.

When watching season one, we both felt lost episode to episode. There was no logical progression from plot point to plot point. There was just too much information to try to dump on us, and there was little or no transitioning from episode to episode. We felt it could have been a better first season if it was split into two. The season one finale should have been discovering who The Beast was, and why he became what he became, and the season two finale should have been the actual showdown with him.

Season two, however, is pretty good. It's much better than the first. I'm told that season three is even better?

A buddy of mine was hyping that show up like crazy so I had to try it. Watched season 1 and man I don't get it, it didn't work for me even a little bit.

SUPERNATURAL to End with Season 15 on The CW

iiCWkMZ.jpg

It's truly the end of an era at The CW. The network's longest-running scripted original, Supernatural, is ending with its previously announced 15th season. Stars Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles and Misha Collins made the announcement Friday on social media. Season 15 will consist of 20 episodes — on par with its current tally.

“Firstly, we would like to thank all the people who have been involved with the show both in front of and behind the camera. For us it has been an experience of a lifetime. The support we have had from both Warner Bros Television and The CW has been incredible. We'd like to give special thanks to Jensen, Jared and Misha for making this journey so special. It is now most important to us to give these characters that we love the sendoff they deserve,” exec producers Robert Singer and Andrew Dabb said in a joint statement.

"Well, it’s official. One more round for the Winchester brothers. Though nothing ever really ends in Supernatural...does it?" Ackles wrote alongside a video of the show's three stars announcing the news Friday.

Supernatural currently ranks as the longest-running sci-fi/genre series in the history of American broadcast television. The drama, created by Eric Kripke and produced by Warner Bros. TV, started on the former WB Network and carried over when the younger-focused broadcaster became a joint venture between WBTV and CBS TV Studios to form The CW. It will have aired 327 episodes when it concludes sometime next season. It is the lone show from The WB Network era to remain alive.

Supernatural's impressive longevity has become a joke of sorts among the press and CW president Mark Pedowitz, who opened his time before the TCA in January with a nod to the recently announced 15th-season renewal. "Now that Supernatural has been picked up, are there any other questions?" he deadpanned before adding that the series has been the lead-in/lead-out for "almost all our successful shows" as it has the network's most balanced audience. Pedowitz has often noted that Supernatural would run as long as Padalecki and Ackles wanted to do the series. "As long as the ratings hold up and the guys want to do it, we’re in," the exec said in January. "It’s really that simple. They have created something of these two brothers we’ve had these discussions that actually transcends anything.... f I could find a way that it stays the whole time on and it still holds up and the studio can still figure out how to do it, we’re all in."

Sources note that stars Padalecki and Ackles have used the series to supplement their income with appearances at fan conventions dedicated to the beloved cult series. The duo are also said to own a plane that they use to shuttle between the show's Vancouver set and conventions on the weekend that can often be more profitable than the money they earn doing the series that helped launch their side gig.

"We just told the crew that though we’re very very excited about moving into our 15th season, it will be our last. Fifteen years of a show that has certainly changed my life, I know it’s changed these two guys’ life. And we just wanted you to hear from us that though we’re excited about next year, it will be the finale. The big, grand finale of an institution," Ackles said. "I will say this, a little word from Eric Kripke, the creator about this world and these characters, that in a show about family, it is amazing and it is the pride of his life that it became a family. So thank you guys for that."

Supernatural is currently averaging a 0.8 rating among the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic and 2.4 million total viewers with seven days of delayed viewing. It still performs better than more than half of The CW's lineup, including previously renewed series Black Lightning, Legends of Tomorrow and Arrow, the latter of which will also wrap next season.

Pedowitz and The CW have tried at least three times to develop a spinoff of Supernatural to no avail. Pedowitz conceded that he likely was done trying to do so and attributed the show's success to Padalecki and Ackles. Supernatural has been the gift that keeps on giving to WBTV, with the independent studio profiting from the SVOD sale of the show's 300-plus episodes to Netflix. The streaming deal has, like other shows, helped bring new viewers into first-run episodes on the linear network.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/supernatural-end-season-15-cw-1196579

This is one show I never really got into . . . my oldest has watched several seasons, but I'm not sure if she's up-to-date or not. I might have to try to binge the first few seasons just to see what I'm missing if anything.

A buddy of mine was hyping that show up like crazy so I had to try it. Watched season 1 and man I don't get it, it didn't work for me even a little bit.

Seasons 2 and 3 are better . . . 4 is pretty decent so far.

Trailer for season 6 of The 100

I think I made it through half or 3 quarters of season 2 before I got distracted with other shows . . . should I give it another try?

I think I made it through half or 3 quarters of season 2 before I got distracted with other shows . . . should I give it another try?

Nah i wouldnt. Im caught up because i watch with my wife but its cheesy as hell its just like less cheesy than most CW. Everything else i watch with her is actually good but this is one i gave in on.

i didnt make it 20 min into the first episode of the 100 before shutting it off, some of the worst acting ive ever witnessed

i didnt make it 20 min into the first episode of the 100 before shutting it off, some of the worst acting ive ever witnessed

You haven't seen any other cw shows then lol. Thats the best as far as i can tell.

First Trailer for Nicolas Winding Refn's TOO OLD TO DIE YOUNG; Premiering June 14 on Amazon Prime

Too Old to Die Young follows a grieving police officer (Miles Teller) who, along with the man who shot his partner, finds himself in an underworld filled with working-class hit men, Yakuza soldiers, cartel assassins sent from Mexico, Russian mafia captains and gangs of teen killers. Premieres on Amazon Prime on June 14.

Give Magicians another try. Season 2 is much better.

I also gave up The 100 early in the first season. I revisited it in the season one finale and season two premiere and was hooked ever since. Yes, you should give it another try, at least try to watch season 2. The story is much better from season 1.

I also gave up The 100 early in the first season. I revisited it in the season one finale and season two premiere and was hooked ever since. Yes, you should give it another try, at least try to watch season 2. The story is much better from season 1.

The great thing about The 100, and this is something that kicks in halfway through the first season, is that they went to the early Vampire Diaries school of plot development, meaning that they will burn through the same amount of plot in one season that other shows would've dragged on for 2 or 3 seasons.

John Cho Cast as Spike Spiegel in COWBOY BEBOP Live-Action TV Series; Three More Round Up the Main Cast

XpWyYWi.jpg

The Bebop has found its crew. John Cho will topline Cowboy Bebop, Netflix's live-action take on the influential space Western anime, featuring castmembers such as Luke Cage actor Mustafa Shakir, Daniella Pineda (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom) and Alex Hassell.

Alex Garcia Lopez, who has helmed episodes of Daredevil, Luke Cage and Cloak and Dagger, will direct the first two installments of the 10-episode series. Christopher Yost wrote the first episode.

Showrunning and exec producing are Josh Appelbaum, Andre Nemec, Jeff Pinkner and Scott Rosenberg of Midnight Radio, the banner behind shows Limetown, High Fidelity and Knightfall.

Bebop is described as "the jazz-inspired, genre-bending story of a ragtag crew of bounty hunters on the run from their pasts as they hunt down the solar system's most dangerous criminals," working from their spaceship, Bebob.

Cho will play Spike Spiegel, which the streamer has describing as "an impossibly cool 'cowboy' (bounty hunter) with a deadly smile, a wry wit and style to spare. He travels the solar system with his ex-cop partner, Jet, pursuing the future's most dangerous bounties with a combination of charm, charisma — and deadly Jeet Kune Do."

Shakir is playing his partner, Jet Black, "one of the few honest cops in the solar system before an ultimate betrayal robbed him of all that he loved, forcing him into a vagabond life of hunting bounties to put food on the table. Jet is an inveterate jazz enthusiast and captain of the Bebop."

Pineda is playing Faye Valentine, an amnesiac thief and con artist, while Hassell is Vicious, Spiegel's ex-partner who is now out to kill him.

Shinichiro Watanabe, who directed the original anime, is a consultant on the series, which first aired in Japan in 1998, spawning a manga and film before coming to America in 2001, where it developed a major cult following and unleashed a wave of anime.

Other exec producers include Marty Adelstein and Becky Clements of Tomorrow Studios (Hanna), Yasuo Miyakawa, Masayuki Ozaki, and Shin Sasaki of Sunrise Inc., as well as Tetsu Fujimura and Matthew Weinberg.

Cho, who stars in an episode of Jordan Peele's The Twilight Zone, is coming off an acclaimed performance in Searching, which yielded him an Indie Spirit Award nomination, and The Oath. He has two movies in the can: Tigertail, the love story from Alan Yang that will stream on Netflix, and a remake of The Grudge.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/john-cho-star-netflixs-cowboy-bebop-1199457

I love both seasons 2 and 3 of The Magicians. And yeah, season 3 is even better.
You were spot on. Season 3 was fantastic.

All of my complaints about the first season were fixed in the second, and long forgotten in the third. The plot was leaps and bounds better with a lot of very creative elements, the injected humor kept the admittedly dark story from being too dour, and Quintin Punchmeintheface somehow became one of my favorite characters to root for.

Me and the wife can't wait to start the fourth season.

Oh and to cement my earlier comment about the eye candy disparity, towards the end of season three, when they introduced Calypso, my wife said, "Damn she's fucking ridiculously gorgeous..... aaaaand of course Prometheus is just... alright."

The great thing about The 100, and this is something that kicks in halfway through the first season, is that they went to the early Vampire Diaries school of plot development, meaning that they will burn through the same amount of plot in one season that other shows would've dragged on for 2 or 3 seasons.
Agreed.

This is the most important aspect of the show that makes it watchable. The average show, and doubly so for the CW, would drag on certain plot points for seasons at a time, but The 100 blows through them at a breakneck pace. It's not always predictable, and plots that would have annoyed me in normal circumstances are over and done with before I start to feel the itch to change the channel.

Last edited:
I'm glad that I'm forced to watch Supergirl with the daughter because... damn, James' newly revealed sister has got a nice rump on her.

Decent first episode for WARRIOR. Sufficient amount of action and boobies.

If you like Banshee and Bruce Lee, you should check it out.

HAWKEYE Limited Series Starring Jeremy Renner in the Works at Disney+

4pwrYcm.png

Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye is the latest member of the Marvel Cinematic Universe to line up his own Disney+ series.

Variety has learned from sources that Disney’s upcoming streaming service is officially developing a limited series based on the archery ace Marvel character with Renner attached to star. The project is said to be an adventure series in which Clint Barton, a.k.a. Hawkeye, will pass the torch to Kate Bishop. Bishop is a Marvel Comics character who took up the Hawkeye mantle after Barton. She is also a member of the group known as the Young Avengers.

Renner has been a part of the MCU since he first appeared as Hawkeye in an uncredited cameo in “Thor.” He has since played the role in “Avengers,” “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” and “Captain America: Civil War.” He will next appear in “Avengers: Endgame,” which hits theaters on April 26. Renner is also known for his Oscar-nominated role in “The Hurt Locker” as well as films such as “American Hustle,” “Arrival,” “The Town,” and “Wind River.”

As Variety previously reported, there are also Disney+ limited series in the works that will focus on MCU characters like Falcon and Winter Soldier, as well as Loki, Vision, and Scarlet Witch. The series are expected to be six to eight episodes. The series on the Disney+ will be produced by Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige, who has headed up the MCU for years. The shows are also expected to have large budgets compared to other television projects.

Netflix previously had its own Marvel TV universe, consisting of the shows “Daredevil,” “Jessica Jones,” “Luke Cage,” “Iron Fist,” (which all fed into “The Defenders” miniseries) and “The Punisher.” However, with the imminent launch of Disney+, all of those shows have been canceled within the past few months.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/hawkeye-series-jeremy-renner-disney-plus-1203183398/

BILLIONS season 4 episode 4.

Wow, it's only the fourth episode but it felt like a season finale or at least a mid-season finale. The only thing I hate is that Chuck and Wendy are fighting again.

AykhMW8.gif

U9jIvg2.gif

oQqUtTl.gif

Last edited:
Back