Television TV Show Thread

Seems like next week is Invasion's season finale.

Their storytelling in last night's ep was confusing.

Just finished Stranger Things. This is the worst "popular" show I've ever seen. Who is this show even for? Kids? Teens? Women? I can't tell.

Last edited:
I never saw the original '4400' series, but the premise of it was appealing. By the time it had reached my radar, it was already cancelled, so I didn't start it.
They have rebooted the show, and it's god awful. In a show about alien abduction, they somehow thought it would be a good idea to focus the first episode on racism...and apparently only the black characters matter in this show because they're the only ones that speak, (and i'm saying this as a black guy (half) ) Aside from that, the writing and characters thus far are so unrealistic that it's impossible to just sit and watch it tell the story it's trying to tell. Barely made it through the first ep, and have no plans on continuing.

Started it last night. It's pretty stupid but I can't stop watching. It's like Lost without the creative writing and quality acting. It's got the whole SyFy channel "so bad it's good" thing going on.
It makes me laugh how their hair and clothes are all pristine.

I never saw the original '4400' series, but the premise of it was appealing. By the time it had reached my radar, it was already cancelled, so I didn't start it.
They have rebooted the show, and it's god awful. In a show about alien abduction, they somehow thought it would be a good idea to focus the first episode on racism...and apparently only the black characters matter in this show because they're the only ones that speak, (and i'm saying this as a black guy (half) ) Aside from that, the writing and characters thus far are so unrealistic that it's impossible to just sit and watch it tell the story it's trying to tell. Barely made it through the first ep, and have no plans on continuing.

I was lukewarm on the original despite the interesting premise.

I hear the new version is terrible.

I wander over here expecting an going Succession thread on the front page about the season finale and find nothing. What has happened to you Mayberry?!

I have a wife who is from South Korea and part of her less good sides is that she is a big fan of KDrama and then preferably the romantic 16-part series and optimally if they are 20 in one season. Luckily, I do not have to watch as she watches her tablet via Netflix.

But by pure coincidence, there will be series or films from South Korea that are to my liking. That is, the lack of conservative protracted love escalations, staring scenes, complacent males in lead roles who give themselves compliments on their good looks and here most series disappear as most men look frankly like freaks. And preferably series with a maximum of 12 episodes as Kdrama has a tendency to be abysmal about cutting material.

This exception is Happiness. From start to finish, things happen and the satisfaction is great. South Korea can do that with totally selfish and evil people and this series drowns in them. We have all been through memorable bastards who we want nothing more than to receive their just punishment and then preferably a slow and painful death.

One of the more evil residents in the apartment complex gets a kick to the balls with full force. I do not want to say more as the escalation to the kick from hell is hysertically funny that I have not laughed so much in a very long time. And with that kick I was fulfilled.

Happiness is much more than a zombie story. It is about the class difference in South Korea. The whole system, which is based on contacts, money and corruption is more important than anything else. A culture of shame where you must not lose face, which was also part of why my wife was adopted as a small baby because her mother became pregnant at a young age. Instead of embarrassing the family, they choose to get rid of an innocent child. Such is the reality in South Korea, which has become incredibly hip in recent times. But I never think the day will come when Western women will be aroused by Korean men.

9/10

e95e1d80-40aa-11ec-9c9e-ce629360ffe6

I wander over here expecting an going Succession thread on the front page about the season finale and find nothing. What has happened to you Mayberry?!
Succession finale was alright, I liked the previous seasons finale better tho, like I was confused the last couple episodes on who the Madson guy was and he seemingly came outta nowhere

Succession finale was alright, I liked the previous seasons finale better tho, like I was confused the last couple episodes on who the Madson guy was and he seemingly came outta nowhere

They talked about the company in the past which alluded to him. I actually didn’t like the first season that much, stopped watching until S3 debuted and caught up. Definitely worth it as I think each season, it got better. It’s not some masterpiece but I think it’s a great dark comedy drama.

lead said:
They talked about the company in the past which alluded to him. I actually didn’t like the first season that much, stopped watching until S3 debuted and caught up. Definitely worth it as I think each season, it got better. It’s not some masterpiece but I think it’s a great dark comedy drama.

Yea the first season was kinda slow for sure. I think the first couple seasons of billions were better but then it went downhill

What's the next must watch thing on Apple TV+ since Invasion is over?

Back