Television TV Show Thread

Is wasn't shit the bar for Apple TV stuff?
I watched several of their shows and only Ted Lasso I didn't feel the urge to watch a complete season. The rest I finished all they had.

I don't have Netflix. Apple's original library doesn't seem anywhere as deep as them or Disney+. Paramount+ is looking like it's aggressively adding some good shit with the naked boobs and buns.

For anyone who has BritBox "The Vicar of Dibley" is a good show, it had me giggling me nuts off, had to pick em of the ground and put em back.

I wander over here expecting an going Succession thread on the front page about the season finale and find nothing. What has happened to you Mayberry?!
I’m happy to chat about it. Just finished season 3. Damn good show

I’m happy to chat about it. Just finished season 3. Damn good show

I didn’t expect that ending when the episode started.

Do you think the buyout really happens or they just reset someone in the very next episode? Like S2s cliff made it seem like Roy was fucked with that investigation and then within a few episodes, it’s clear that isn’t that big of a deal and fizzles out. Same with the S1 cliff. Kendall looks like he’s stuck staying in line due to blackmail but that ends up not stopping him from turning on his dad again in S3.

I really liked the scene where they are outside the wedding trying to figure out what to do and Kendal breaks down. Really great acting imo from all three of them.

The Tom turn was big too as long as that not just implied and we find out after he didn’t. That would be dumb if it wasn’t because of the deal with the devil line.

I didn’t expect that ending when the episode started.

Do you think the buyout really happens or they just reset someone in the very next episode? Like S2s cliff made it seem like Roy was fucked with that investigation and then within a few episodes, it’s clear that isn’t that big of a deal and fizzles out. Same with the S1 cliff. Kendall looks like he’s stuck staying in line due to blackmail but that ends up not stopping him from turning on his dad again in S3.

I really liked the scene where they are outside the wedding trying to figure out what to do and Kendal breaks down. Really great acting imo from all three of them.

The Tom turn was big too as long as that not just implied and we find out after he didn’t. That would be dumb if it wasn’t because of the deal with the devil line.
I think it’s all gonna stick and be legit for season 4. The buyout will definitely happen, it’s the whole point of the season you know?

The theme that was really obvious to me was that each of the kids got burned because of their entitlement and lack of loyalty to those closest to them. Roman got burned because of pics with Gerry. Shiv told Tom “I don’t really love YOU” etc… This season emphasized the difference between the dad, who made his own money, and the kids, who walked into it.

I have a feeling season 4 will involved Greg and Tom climbing massively, having huge success, then eventually Tom’s deal with the devil burning him. That prison thing, along with him burning bridges with shiv and the kids..:/it’s gonna catch up to him you know?

The writing of the whole season is genius

I think it’s all gonna stick and be legit for season 4. The buyout will definitely happen, it’s the whole point of the season you know?

The theme that was really obvious to me was that each of the kids got burned because of their entitlement and lack of loyalty to those closest to them. Roman got burned because of pics with Gerry. Shiv told Tom “I don’t really love YOU” etc… This season emphasized the difference between the dad, who made his own money, and the kids, who walked into it.

I have a feeling season 4 will involved Greg and Tom climbing massively, having huge success, then eventually Tom’s deal with the devil burning him. That prison thing, along with him burning bridges with shiv and the kids..:/it’s gonna catch up to him you know?

The writing of the whole season is genius

Maybe my imagination is narrow here but where does that leave a storyline for the kids in S4? If they got burned and the company is sold, what are they left competing for? They’ve pretty much milked three seasons of who is going to take over the company. Now that’s gone. That also seemed like the main reason they’d follow their dad around due to happenings with the business. Now, it seems like it will be more like Ken where they don’t share a scene with him often.

Yea, very excited to see how this plays out for Tom and Greg. The twenty Greg’s line made me laugh so hard. They are such a key duo that make me love the show. The right type of dark comedy. Also, it made the Tom turn hard to process. Is he really all that bad for how Shiv was seeing him as an afterthought? He seemed like a pushover up to that point but he played two moves the whole season and they paid off a ton.

Maybe my imagination is narrow here but where does that leave a storyline for the kids in S4? If they got burned and the company is sold, what are they left competing for? They’ve pretty much milked three seasons of who is going to take over the company. Now that’s gone. That also seemed like the main reason they’d follow their dad around due to happenings with the business. Now, it seems like it will be more like Ken where they don’t share a scene with him often.

Yea, very excited to see how this plays out for Tom and Greg. The twenty Greg’s line made me laugh so hard. They are such a key duo that make me love the show. The right type of dark comedy. Also, it made the Tom turn hard to process. Is he really all that bad for how Shiv was seeing him as an afterthought? He seemed like a pushover up to that point but he played two moves the whole season and they paid off a ton.
yeah even Ken had his moment with Greg where he offered him a watch then made him cry and embarrassed him…that was kens moment of entitlement and lack of loyalty….

It could go a few directions. They could jump ships and become direct competitors. They could get merged into this new company and start climbing or trying to make moves.

It likely won’t be the same, but if they have modest positions in the new company, it could be a new come up story where they truly start with nothing and have to truly earn their seat at the table. It could be a moment of growth for someone, like shiv.

They may also find themselves in spots where they have to learn from their previous mistakes and become loyal or reliable like Tom did. Maybe if Tom meets a collapse, then we will see others with an opportunity to vulture the opportunities left behind.

I don’t think Tom is bad. I think he wanted to be a good guy, he wanted to be a good, loyal husband. But he’s running with the wolves and he’s a smart mother fucker. Not gonna let shiv use him like that. I think Greg and Tom are completely justified, the kids treated them like shit. Both of them wanted to work with anyone but Logan. But at the end of the day; each of the kids embarrassed them, showed they don’t care about them etc… same thing with Gerry.

There’s also always potential for a sudden interruption in the form of Logan’s passing or police/law disruption for the crimes committed. Public outrage for the sexual offenses being buried… all that stuff can “reshuffle the deck” I sure as hell can’t wait to see.

Brilliant show all around. Every character is so independent and interesting. So flushed out and well rounded.

You're still not getting it.

At the end of every episode the vicar tells a joke to Alice. And Alice never gets the joke.

No, I'm getting it. Your question is "Do you love the last bit at the end of every episode?" My answer is "I don't remember the last bit of every episode, not even the last one I watched"

Jeremy Renner is killing tv right now... Mayor of Kingstown is up there with Gangs of London and Mr. In-between for me as far as TV goes.

And despite not being a marvel guy (didn't bother with Loki, made it 3 episodes into wandavision, and falcon and the winter soldier was just boring) Hawkeye is fooking good

Has anyone watched the 1st episode of 1883?
I just watched the first two, came to post about it lol. It's excellent. I love that scene Billy Bob in ep 2, as you'll find out.

I love Yellowstone, but I always wanted to see what their land was like in the past. This is a great companion to Red Dead Redemption 2 (same era), which I recently picked up on PC.

I like that Isabel May and those freckles
1883-what-know-isabel-may-actor-behind-elsa-dutton.jpg

Sam Elliot still has that great presence too!
sam-elliott-as-shea-brennan-1883-s1e1.jpg

Last edited:
I started watching 'Arcane' after hearing great things about it and then watching Critical Drinker's video on it.

OIP.KcS2px5UOYwfp4-U07Iz6QHaK5

I'm only 3 episodes in, and holy shit, this MIGHT be the best new series of the year.

1st episode - "Hmmm, this is very very good, but sometimes pilots are but the rest of the show sucks."
2nd episode - "Woah, its getting even better. I'm 100% hooked."

3rd episode - <30>
"Holy fucking shit, that felt like an awesome season finale, and I still have 6 episodes left."

10/10 Animation.
10/10 Writing.
10/10 Voice Acting.
I literally have no complaints. There's absolutely nothing I have seen of the show that I thought 'they could have done _______ better.'

When I'm finished I'm going to make a thread on this show, because Invincible and Squid Game has some serious competition for 'Best New Series of 2021.'

And no, I've never played the game this show is supposedly based on, inspired by, or whatever. By itself its amazing, and it blows my mind its actually based on an online shooter.

Seriously, this is probably the best video game-inspired/based content ever, and by a wide margin.

Back