Television TV Show Thread

So did anyone else watch this?

Absolutely loved the first episode and enjoyed the second, looking forward to more.

Liked the first episode well enough, but I thought the second one had too much filler. The scenes on Trantor well interesting enough, but the scenes on the colony ship kind of dragged.

...I was ready to be pissed about the change of sending Hari Seldon, Gaal Dornick and Raych to Terminus, because it would've created a big plot hole down the line. So I wasn't surprised when Seldon got shanked and Gaal was ejected into space.

One of the most important principles of psychohistory is that for its predictions and for plans made based on those predictions to work, the population can't know about them so they don't influence their decisions. In the novels Seldon made damn sure nobody on Terminus could independently recreate psychohistory on their own.

You can't have psychohistorians on Terminus and stick to the plot of the trilogy!

Liked the first episode well enough, but I thought the second one had too much filler. The scenes on Trantor well interesting enough, but the scenes on the colony ship kind of dragged.

...I was ready to be pissed about the change of sending Hari Seldon, Gaal Dornick and Raych to Terminus, because it would've created a big plot hole down the line. So I wasn't surprised when Seldon got shanked and Gaal was ejected into space.

One of the most important principles of psychohistory is that for its predictions and for plans made based on those predictions to work, the population can't know about them so they don't influence their decisions. In the novels Seldon made damn sure nobody on Terminus could independently recreate psychohistory on their own.

You can't have psychohistorians on Terminus and stick to the plot of the trilogy!
I expected a lot of liberties, as the book isn't character driven. I'm enjoying it, as it's gorgeous with great CGI. I always appreciate that lived in look of vehicles Star Wars popularized. I don't care too much about the race/gender swaps, especially with Gaal, as his book role is tiny. The jury is still out, but it's entertaining so far.

I think they did a poor job with Gaal's relationship though, that came out of nowhere lol. Question for you regarding books
I read the trilogy a long time ago, what happened to Harry and Gaal there? Wasn't Harry murdered onm Terminus. Gaal, from what I recall, is never mentioned after the first time jump on Terminus, but it's so foggy. I don't want to look up things online, because I forgot so much and don't want anything spoiled.

Last edited:
Question for you regarding books
I read the trilogy a long time ago, what happened to Harry and Gaal there? Wasn't Harry murdered onm Terminus. Gaal, from what I recall, is never mentioned after the first time jump on Terminus, but it's so foggy. I don't want to look up things online, because I forgot so much and don't want anything spoiled.

Hari Seldon stayed on Trantor and died of old age a couple of years after the colonists left for Terminus. That thing he says on the show about assuming he wasn't going to be sent to Terminus is a nod to that, because it is what happened in the book.

Gaal Dornick presumably stayed as well. The only other mention of him in the original trilogy that I can remember is in one of the quote from the Encyclopedia Galactica that says he wrote a biography of Seldon.

An important plot point in the trlogy is that there should not be any high-level psycologists or psycohistorian on Terminus or the Plan would fail. They all went with the Second Foundation to Star's End.

Would recommend Ganglands (Netflix)

Attention consumed by this right now.

Opening Credits for Netflix's COWBOY BEBOP Live-Action Series Released

Harold not got enough edge for me.

I like John Cho... but not as Spike (that we know from original).
I could be wrong though... to a degree.
Looks good overall though.

Anyone knows why Helix went the route they did after the first season? I wish they focused more on that plot they had going for them and maybe wouldve extended the series a bit longer.

I completely abandoned the British War of the Worlds.

They made the Martians... Humans.

It slowly went from incredibly good to complete garbage.

Definitely got weird . . .

It only had 2 seasons right?

First Teaser Trailer for Neil Gaiman's THE SANDMAN Live-Action Series on Netflix

The Lord of Dreams has been summoned, and captured, by mortal men. Once free from his captivity, this eternal ruler of Dreams will realize that his troubles are only just beginning. The Sandman is a Netflix series based on the groundbreaking comic book series created for DC by Neil Gaiman. The series is Executive Produced by Neil Gaiman, Allan Heinberg, & David S. Goyer.

These three I can't wait for. Plenty of time to finish the final season of Lucifer by the time Witcher season 2 drops.

First Teaser Trailer for Game of Thrones Prequel HOUSE OF THE DRAGON

Not going to start a thread because it'll kick off a War Room-esque brouhaha so I'll post it here.

Dave Chapelle "The Closer" 1/10. Should be renamed "The Recycler." Nothing but rants about gays, trans, feminists, "I left 50 million on the table. I'm so famous," "remember I had a trans friend!" and whining about dipshits like Da Baby and Kevin Hart getting heat for making stupid public remarks. Weak, hacky, and the worst of all just boring and not funny. Having the audacity to say, "Stop punching down on my people" after punching down for an entire hour is some real hypocritical bullshit. He is officially in his BJ Penn old timey Irish boxing stance phase. He's not even in the same tier as Carlin, Pryor, Bruce, etc anymore. The real GOATs of comedy.

I've been watching the show "Heels" (Starz) and I love it!!!! Best show I've seen in a very long time. If any of you grew up, or still are fans of wrestling, you'll love it too!!!!

Back