Television TV Show Thread

Reservation Dogs is pretty funny. I've watched a few episodes, and that spirit warrior guy who keeps visiting Bear cracks me up, he and the midget twins. Love those guys.

Sutter had a pretty sweet medieval show that got cancelled after one season. I was really liking it. Mayans I couldnt get into.

I
I hated that medieval show, lol.

If you didn't take SoA at all seriously after the first couple of seasons it was a really good show, the last episode had me in hysterics. Mayans though, I couldn't get through the first episode.

Wu-Tang: An American Saga Season 1 and 3 eps of S2 - 5/10

This is basically a jerk off his own ego project for the RZA (just like that documentary a year or a few back) as everyone cast at least kind of looks like or is a dead ringer for who they're portraying while his actor looks absolutely nothing like him haha. There are some good scenes and seeing the famous rappers portrayed where they started is interesting. But, it spins its wheels way too much, too much family drama crap ripped straight from every hood/gangster movie even if its based on real life. They finally got to the actual Wu-Tang stuff in ep3 so maybe it'll pick up more.

Power Book 3: Raising Kanan 8.8/10 so far.

And this is why you hire professionals to write your stories, not yourself. Leagues above the Wu-Tang show. It still has those moments of melodramatic cheesiness Power is known for and a sex scene every episode but whoever they got to write, direct, and run the show have all been doing good work. The drama is tighter, the comedy bits are just as good but it's got a whole lot of heart and no Tariq so it's been really fun. The woman playing Jukebox has been killing it and the kid playing Kanan does a good job of matching 50 Cent's speech patterns and facial movements/expressions. Also impressed by the character Unique, who's played by a rapper named Joey Bada$$ or something? Dude plays a drug kingpin quite well.

Between this and Reservation Dogs, who knew my two most favorite show or movie characters in 2021 would be two high school girls of color, one of which is a confirmed lesbian.

Edit: Sons of Anarchy is a pile of crap. Kurt Sutter really needs someone above him to keep his ass in check like on The Shield. The man has some talent but not as much as he thinks he does.
RZA isn't a professional? You smug fuck?

If you didn't take SoA at all seriously after the first couple of seasons it was a really good show, the last episode had me in hysterics. Mayans though, I couldn't get through the first episode.
Thats racist

I saw Season 1, but still need to go back and watch the rest.
Thanks for the remind, the show slipped my mind.

Heels was really good tonight.

Kelli Berglund's a smoke show.

Not sure it's physically possible to snap a bone from that angle, the joints would tear apart first.

The show was so bad Sutter apologized for how bad it was.

Not sure it's physically possible to snap a bone from that angle, the joints would tear apart first.

I have it ready to go for tomorrow as I'm recovering from the 2nd jab. :D

The Batman Spinoff Series PENGUIN in the Works at HBO Max; Colin Farrell Approached to Reprise His Penguin Role

HBO Max is continuing to build out its own DC universe. The streamer is in early development on a series centered on Batman villain the Penguin. The potential show would be a spinoff of Warner Bros. feature film The Batman, which is due for a March 2022 release.

Matt Reeves and Dylan Clark, who are directing and producing the film, will be executive producers on the project.

Colin Farrell plays the Penguin, a crime lord whose given name is Oswald Cobblepot, in The Batman and has been approached about continuing the role in the series. No deal is in place yet.

Lauren LeFranc (YouTube’s Impulse, Agents of SHIELD) is attached to write a script for the TV project, which would focus on Cobblepot’s rise through the Gotham City underworld. Should the project make it to series, it would be the second direct spinoff of The Batman for HBO Max: A show centered on the Gotham City police scored a straight to series order in July 2020.

HBO Max also has several other DC shows in development, including a Green Lantern series from Greg Berlanti, a J.J. Abrams-produced Justice League Dark project and Peacemaker, a spinoff of The Suicide Squad centered on John Cena’s character. The streamer is also making DMZ, a limited series based on the DC/Vertigo comic by Brian Wood and Ricard Burchielli and executive produced by Ava DuVernay. HBO Max also airs Titans and Doom Patrol, which originated on WarnerMedia’s DC Universe platform.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/the-batman-penguin-spinoff-colin-farrell-1235013035/

First Official Image from James Gunn's PEACEMAKER Series on HBO Max; Freddie Stroma Revealed to Play Vigilante

Director James Gunn was in postproduction on The Suicide Squad when he came up with the idea for a TV show about one of the movie's many characters who "we didn't get to know as well" as some of the others: John Cena's supervillain Peacemaker, whose "superpower" is a willingness to commit terrible acts in the name of peace. "I loved the 1970s Captain America [TV movie] when I was a kid," says Gunn, "I thought making a really f---ed-up version of that with Peacemaker would be fun."

The problem? (WARNING: Massive The Suicide Squad spoilers follow, so look away if you have yet to see the film.) In his big-screen tale about a group of convicts sent on a dangerous mission by Viola Davis' Amanda Waller, Gunn had killed off Peacemaker — and the director is not a fan of characters apparently dying and then being brought back to life. Eventually, he overcame his reservations and added a post-credits scene to The Suicide Squad where two of Waller's underlings, Jennifer Holland's Harcourt and Steve Agee's Economos, visit a comatose but alive Peacemaker in the hospital. "I did exactly the thing I hate when other filmmakers do [it]," admits Gunn. "But I did it! I'll have to live with the repercussions, which is the most incredible TV show people will ever see."

The eight-episode HBO Max series, which premieres in January, centers on "black ops combating something catastrophic that's facing the planet," Gunn says, leading Peacemaker, Harcourt, and Economos to team up with three new characters. Chukwudi Iwuji is group leader Murn (a mercenary under Waller), while Freddie Stroma plays popular comics character Vigilante. "You may not have guessed it," quips Gunn, "but his character is a vigilante!" Danielle Brooks plays sixth team member Adebayo. "She isn't always treated the best by the people around her, but despite her differences with Peacemaker, they form a bond," he explains.

Gunn, who wrote all of Peacemaker and directed five episodes, will spend much of the next year making the third of his Guardians of the Galaxy movies, but reveals he would be happy to return to the show if it proves a success. "I would like to do a season 2," he says. "They just have to tell me that they want to do it."

https://ew.com/tv/peacemaker-first-look-john-cena-james-gunn/

Last man (fx) is fooking great,based off graphic novel, first 3 episodes are solid af

Reservation dogs is another highly enjoyable show , using native talent across the board and doesn't follow traditional sitcom formula.

5th part money heist is out ...well it's money heist (if you've seen the other 4parts you know what to expect)

Gettin' hyped for mayor of Kingston

You weren't lying. Really good episode.

Anybody watching "See" ?
Jason Mamoa show set in a dystopian future where society is reset and everyone is blind.
Second season has been really good so far with the addition of Dave Bautista.

Anybody watching "See" ?
Jason Mamoa show set in a dystopian future where society is reset and everyone is blind.
Second season has been really good so far with the addition of Dave Bautista.

Tried and gave up when it first came out.

anyone watch "Dave" ..it's with lil Dicky and his life trying to be a rapper..really enjoyed it

Back