Television TV Show Thread

First Teaser Trailer for THE WHEEL OF TIME; Premieres Nov. 19, 2021 on Prime Video

They better not fuck this up.

It's a perfect current year show, lot's of strong women. It's set well into future, long after our era existed, but a medieval setting. They can do whatever they want with the races really.

For those who don't know the setting I'll keep it vague with no spoilers. The world is largely controlled by women and their powerful magic (the one power) which men can't use as they tend to go insane.

There's a dark lord breaking free from the prison it was bound in, but a Messiah has been born, and is a man (main protagonist Rand al'Thor). He has the ability to destroy this entity, but the threat of him losing control could be just as devastating. Naturally he's seen as a threat, and there are divided factions.

There's so much more to the story, with some incredible characters. I just hope they don't Netflix this and make it unnecessarily woke.

First Official Look at Spike Spiegel, Jet Black and Faye Valentine in COWBOY BEBOP; Premieres Nov. 19 on Netflix

Meet Spike Spiegel (John Cho), Jet Black (Mustafa Shakir), and Faye Valentine (Daniella Pineda) in Cowboy Bebop, premiering November 19, only on Netflix.

E9ehuByUYAMFusb

E9ehf51VoAEWRBu

E9dDi4lVoAY5WS2

E9dDi46UYAY36yl

E9ehpfkUUAkKPin

E9ehjtuUUAc8I4L
You'd think Netflix would have learned from Kevin Smith, and so many other things.

I haven't been paying much attention to it since the meh reveal, but the Faye Valentine actress buried the series before it got started, what an idiot. I didn't think she looked bad, it was her costume that was awful

Of course, she's a giant hypocrite. I don't like this greaseball, but it's a good take

Last edited:
Trailer for Y The Last Man looked good.

You'd think Netflix would have learned from Kevin Smith, and so many other things.

I haven't been paying much attention to it since the meh reveal, but the Faye Valentine actress buried the series before it got started, what an idiot. I didn't think she looked bad, it was her costume that was awful

Of course, she's a giant hypocrite. I don't like this greaseball, but it's a good take

Yeah, I don't know why these people don't learn--you can say this about Rian Johnson and SW as well.
How smart is it to antagonize the nerds that would be the core of the fan base for your project?
It does no good to address these things in this way. It just brings more unnecessary attention and hate.

I think most reasonable people can accept reasonable changes to characters and story, especially when talking about animated series to live action. Addressing the unreasonable and the trolls is a waste of time.

'Heels' is alright so far.
Nothing deep, but it's a decent show so far. It stars the guy from 'Arrow' and Bjorn from 'Vikings' as brothers and wrestlers in a local wrasslin promotion.

'Heels' is alright so far.
Nothing deep, but it's a decent show so far. It stars the guy from 'Arrow' and Bjorn from 'Vikings' as brothers and wrestlers in a local wrasslin promotion.

I posted info earlier in the thread.

I like it. It's a guilty pleasure.

I enjoyed SoA early on before the show completely lost it's mind.
haha Same here. I stopped watching for a while, and came back to it later. At that point, I just started to view it as trailer park Fast and Furious and could enjoy it for what it was.

'Mayans' is basically the same fun nonsense with Mexican bikers.

haha Same here. I stopped watching for a while, and came back to it later. At that point, I just started to view it as trailer park Fast and Furious and could enjoy it for what it was.

'Mayans' is basically the same fun nonsense with Mexican bikers.

I couldn't make it through a single episode of Mayans. SoA has totally killed motorcycles for me.

I just finished Brand New Cherry Flavor

It was quite a trip. Probably my favorite Netflix show since Peaky Blinders, but I think it's only meant to be a limited series. Either way, I highly recommend it.

Wu-Tang: An American Saga Season 1 and 3 eps of S2 - 5/10

This is basically a jerk off his own ego project for the RZA (just like that documentary a year or a few back) as everyone cast at least kind of looks like or is a dead ringer for who they're portraying while his actor looks absolutely nothing like him haha. There are some good scenes and seeing the famous rappers portrayed where they started is interesting. But, it spins its wheels way too much, too much family drama crap ripped straight from every hood/gangster movie even if its based on real life. They finally got to the actual Wu-Tang stuff in ep3 so maybe it'll pick up more.

Power Book 3: Raising Kanan 8.8/10 so far.

And this is why you hire professionals to write your stories, not yourself. Leagues above the Wu-Tang show. It still has those moments of melodramatic cheesiness Power is known for and a sex scene every episode but whoever they got to write, direct, and run the show have all been doing good work. The drama is tighter, the comedy bits are just as good but it's got a whole lot of heart and no Tariq so it's been really fun. The woman playing Jukebox has been killing it and the kid playing Kanan does a good job of matching 50 Cent's speech patterns and facial movements/expressions. Also impressed by the character Unique, who's played by a rapper named Joey Bada$$ or something? Dude plays a drug kingpin quite well.

Between this and Reservation Dogs, who knew my two most favorite show or movie characters in 2021 would be two high school girls of color, one of which is a confirmed lesbian.

Edit: Sons of Anarchy is a pile of crap. Kurt Sutter really needs someone above him to keep his ass in check like on The Shield. The man has some talent but not as much as he thinks he does.

Last edited:
Finally finished Deadwood and watched the Deadwood movie . . . the movie itself was a little bit of a let down.

Wu-Tang: An American Saga Season 1 and 3 eps of S2 - 5/10

This is basically a jerk off his own ego project for the RZA (just like that documentary a year or a few back) as everyone cast at least kind of looks like or is a dead ringer for who they're portraying while his actor looks absolutely nothing like him haha. There are some good scenes and seeing the famous rappers portrayed where they started is interesting. But, it spins its wheels way too much, too much family drama crap ripped straight from every hood/gangster movie even if its based on real life. They finally got to the actual Wu-Tang stuff in ep3 so maybe it'll pick up more.

Power Book 3: Raising Kanan 8.8/10 so far.

And this is why you hire professionals to write your stories, not yourself. Leagues above the Wu-Tang show. It still has those moments of melodramatic cheesiness Power is known for and a sex scene every episode but whoever they got to write, direct, and run the show have all been doing good work. The drama is tighter, the comedy bits are just as good but it's got a whole lot of heart and no Tariq so it's been really fun. The woman playing Jukebox has been killing it and the kid playing Kanan does a good job of matching 50 Cent's speech patterns and facial movements/expressions. Also impressed by the character Unique, who's played by a rapper named Joey Bada$$ or something? Dude plays a drug kingpin quite well.

Between this and Reservation Dogs, who knew my two most favorite show or movie characters in 2021 would be two high school girls of color, one of which is a confirmed lesbian.

Edit: Sons of Anarchy is a pile of crap. Kurt Sutter really needs someone above him to keep his ass in check like on The Shield. The man has some talent but not as much as he thinks he does.
Reservation Dogs is pretty funny. I've watched a few episodes, and that spirit warrior guy who keeps visiting Bear cracks me up, he and the midget twins. Love those guys.

Sutter had a pretty sweet medieval show that got cancelled after one season. I was really liking it. Mayans I couldnt get into.

I

Been watching Absentia on Amazon- excell3nt so far 1st s3ason in

Back