Television TV Show Thread

That's how I watch it too, the show is stunning

It's funny, Outside Harry and the Empire crew (android included) I don't like the characters very much, especially the Warden. I love that smooth Lester is in this and her dad, he's too slick. Gaal is okay, but I felt they dropped the ball on her romance with Harry's protege in ep1. They rushed it and made me not care about it, and when it was brought up here again, it just felt like a waste of screen time. At least that's done now. The actress is a great narrator, love her voice.

My grievances with the characters is fitting though, as I didn't really care for any character in the book outside our brief time with Harry and Gaal, but I loved the world. Same applies here, I love the universe and the world building. It's also one of the best looking shows out there too. That Empire ship crash in Ep 5 was amazing in 4K on my giant tv/surround sound. My whole room shook lol

I'm mixed on some things, but each time an episode comes out, I can't wait to watch it.

I appreciated Gaal a lot more with her backstory.

There are some big problems with the flow of the story, but it's such a beautiful spectacle I'm letting myself ignore them. I think it has strong bones and it's probably one of the best expressions of galactic civilizations we've seen on television.

Last edited:
Just learned Strike Back had an 8th season called Vendetta in 2020. Can't find a Bluray of this.

I need to catch up on several seasons of Strike Back.

Mel Gibson to Star in John Wick Prequel TV Series THE CONTINENTAL for Starz and Lionsgate Television

q6CTEXM.jpg

Mel Gibson has been set to star in The Continental, the prequel to the Keanu Reeves film series John Wick. The Continental will be presented as a three-night special-event TV series, produced for Starz by Lionsgate Television.

The Continental will explore the origin behind the hotel-for-assassins, which increasingly has become the centerpiece of the John Wick universe. This will be accomplished through the eyes and actions of a young Winston Scott, who is dragged into the Hell-scape of a 1975 New York City to face a past he thought he’d left behind. Winston charts a deadly course through the New York’s mysterious underworld in a harrowing attempt to seize the iconic hotel, which serves as the meeting point for the world’s most dangerous criminals. No word yet on who’ll play Winston Scott (the hotel owner is played in the films by Ian McShane). Gibson will play a character named Cormac.

It’s a rare foray into television for Gibson, who made his acting debut on the Australian television drama series The Sullivans from 1976-1983. During that run he made his Australian screen breakthrough in George Miller’s Mad Max and Peter Weir’s Gallipoli and The Year of Living Dangerously en route to becoming a star in Hollywood with the Lethal Weapon films and Best Picture-winner Braveheart, which he directed.

The John Wick trilogy has grossed almost $600 million worldwide. The films have been scripted by Derek Kolstad and directed by Chad Stahelski, and John Wick: Chapter Four is currently shooting in Germany, France and Japan with Reeves reprising his assassin character.

Executive producers Greg Coolidge (Wayne, Ride Along) and Kirk Ward (Wayne) are writing the event series and serve as showrunners. Thunder Road Pictures’ Basil Iwanyk and Erica Lee, Stahelski, Kolstad, David Leitch, Shawn Simmons, Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese will also serve as executive producers.

McShane has previously said he won’t appear in The Continental but might do voice-over work, and Lionsgate has said that while Reeves likely won’t appear in the series, he’s in talks to be an exec producer.

https://deadline.com/2021/10/mel-gi...lionsgate-television-keanu-reeves-1234857540/

This looks like shit. If it's the new Game of Thrones, they must be starting with season 8.

Ruby Rose Reveals Horrifying Set Conditions on Batwoman, Slams Berlanti Productions/Warner Bros. Television Chairman and Co-Stars.

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F5ec7d5c15bd90200062dbea9%2F0x0.jpg

Former Batwoman star Ruby Rose opened up about the horrific working conditions she faced on the CW Arrowverse series, which she exited after one season.

"Enough is enough," Rose wrote on Instagram, calling out showrunner Caroline Dries and Bertalnti Proudctions' Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter. "I'm going to tell the whole world what really happened on that set. [Former Warner Bros. Television Group Chairman] Peter Roth, you are first up. You are chapter one. not sure if you left after getting promoted to the highest position because you couldn't stop making young women steam your pants, around your crotch while you were still wearing said pants or if you left after putting a private investigator on me who you fired as soon as the report didn't fit your narrative. either way, when it comes to you, there's already an army waiting for u."

Rose went on to share videos from a doctor's office pertaining to the neck injury she suffered while filming Batwoman, which was previously documented to some degree. She also pointed out a major rib injury and a tumor, and shared a video from her neck surgery, writing, "To everyone who said I was too stiff on bawoman, imagine going back to work 10 days after this ... 10 DAYS!!!!!! (or the whole crew and cast would be fired and I'd let everyone down because Peter Roth said he wouldn't recast and i just lost the studio millions (by getting injured on his set) that is be the one who cost so many people their jobs."

Next up, Rose shared a video of a message she delivered to announce she wouldn't be at Comic-Con International: San Diego in 2019. "Imagine having to take a pay cut to play a passion project and being so excited about Comic-Con and then being told they would not adjust the schedule so I could attend... but then saying 'we won't announce it, you have to,'" she wrote.

"So in closing, please to my dear, dear fans stop asking if I will return to that awful show, I wouldn't return for any amount of money nor if a gun were to my head.. NOR DID I QUIT," Rose continued. "I DO NOT QUIT, They ruined Kate Kane and they destroyed batwoman, not me. I followed orders, and if I wanted to stay i was going to have to sign my rights away[...] A crew member got 3rd degree burns over his whole body, and we were given no therapy after witnessing his skin fall off his face but I was the only one who sent him flowers and cards and then were told we had to do a sex scene without a minute to process, we lost 2 stunt doubles, i got cut in the face so close to my eye in a stunt I could have been blind. a woman was left quadriplegic and they tried to blame it on her being on her phone, so much so CW didn't even help her to start with because they needed to 'investigate' so she had to do a go fund me... she's a PA, they work via phones. Her accident occurred because our show refused to shut down when everyone else did because of Covid.

"[Caroline Dries] has no heart and wanted us to finish the season throughout the pandemic and I told her it was a bad idea... i told her everyone was too distracted, constantly checking Covid updates checking on friends and seeing riverdale, the flash and super girl shut down already, i felt something bad would happen and [Dries] maybe visited the set 4 times in a year... UNHEARD OF.."

Rose noted that when Batwoman did finally shut down during the pandemic, it wasn't because of the aforementioned incident that left someone paralyzed but because "the government pulled it." She also discussed how her co-star Dougray Scott "hurt a female stunt double he yelled like a little bitch at women and was a nightmare. He left when he wanted and arrived when he wanted he abused women and in turn as a lead of a show i sent an email out asking for a no yelling policy, they declined.."

https://www.cbr.com/batwoman-ruby-rose-horrifying-set-conditions-slams-wbtv-berlanti/

Cliffs:

- Ruby Rose is exposing the Batwoman execs Caroline Dries, Sarah Schechter, Greg Berlanti, and Peter Roth, president of WBTV, for the way they mistreated her and others during her time on the show.

- Rose said she was forced to go back to work 10 days after her surgery (due to a neck injury she sustained while filming Batwoman) and the higher-ups threaten to fire the whole crew and cast if she didn't comply.

- According to Rose, a crew member got 3rd degree burns across his body including face, a sex scene was filmed without prep, they lost two stunt doubles, Rose was almost blinded and a PA was left a quadriplegic and was forced to start a Gofundme.

- Rose claims Batwoman showrunner Caroline Dries wanted them to work through COVID while other shows shut down. She only went to set 4-5 times in the year. Actor Dougray Scott yelled at and mistreated people. Rose calls Camrus Johnson (who plays Luke Fox/Batwing) a “egomaniac” who apparently blamed her and leaked info.

- After Rose’s surgery WB wouldn’t provide transportation and told her to “get a taxi”.

Ruby Rose Reveals Horrifying Set Conditions on Batwoman, Slams Berlanti Productions/Warner Bros. Television Chairman and Co-Stars.

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F5ec7d5c15bd90200062dbea9%2F0x0.jpg

Former Batwoman star Ruby Rose opened up about the horrific working conditions she faced on the CW Arrowverse series, which she exited after one season.

"Enough is enough," Rose wrote on Instagram, calling out showrunner Caroline Dries and Bertalnti Proudctions' Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter. "I'm going to tell the whole world what really happened on that set. [Former Warner Bros. Television Group Chairman] Peter Roth, you are first up. You are chapter one. not sure if you left after getting promoted to the highest position because you couldn't stop making young women steam your pants, around your crotch while you were still wearing said pants or if you left after putting a private investigator on me who you fired as soon as the report didn't fit your narrative. either way, when it comes to you, there's already an army waiting for u."

Rose went on to share videos from a doctor's office pertaining to the neck injury she suffered while filming Batwoman, which was previously documented to some degree. She also pointed out a major rib injury and a tumor, and shared a video from her neck surgery, writing, "To everyone who said I was too stiff on bawoman, imagine going back to work 10 days after this ... 10 DAYS!!!!!! (or the whole crew and cast would be fired and I'd let everyone down because Peter Roth said he wouldn't recast and i just lost the studio millions (by getting injured on his set) that is be the one who cost so many people their jobs."

Next up, Rose shared a video of a message she delivered to announce she wouldn't be at Comic-Con International: San Diego in 2019. "Imagine having to take a pay cut to play a passion project and being so excited about Comic-Con and then being told they would not adjust the schedule so I could attend... but then saying 'we won't announce it, you have to,'" she wrote.

"So in closing, please to my dear, dear fans stop asking if I will return to that awful show, I wouldn't return for any amount of money nor if a gun were to my head.. NOR DID I QUIT," Rose continued. "I DO NOT QUIT, They ruined Kate Kane and they destroyed batwoman, not me. I followed orders, and if I wanted to stay i was going to have to sign my rights away[...] A crew member got 3rd degree burns over his whole body, and we were given no therapy after witnessing his skin fall off his face but I was the only one who sent him flowers and cards and then were told we had to do a sex scene without a minute to process, we lost 2 stunt doubles, i got cut in the face so close to my eye in a stunt I could have been blind. a woman was left quadriplegic and they tried to blame it on her being on her phone, so much so CW didn't even help her to start with because they needed to 'investigate' so she had to do a go fund me... she's a PA, they work via phones. Her accident occurred because our show refused to shut down when everyone else did because of Covid.

"[Caroline Dries] has no heart and wanted us to finish the season throughout the pandemic and I told her it was a bad idea... i told her everyone was too distracted, constantly checking Covid updates checking on friends and seeing riverdale, the flash and super girl shut down already, i felt something bad would happen and [Dries] maybe visited the set 4 times in a year... UNHEARD OF.."

Rose noted that when Batwoman did finally shut down during the pandemic, it wasn't because of the aforementioned incident that left someone paralyzed but because "the government pulled it." She also discussed how her co-star Dougray Scott "hurt a female stunt double he yelled like a little bitch at women and was a nightmare. He left when he wanted and arrived when he wanted he abused women and in turn as a lead of a show i sent an email out asking for a no yelling policy, they declined.."

https://www.cbr.com/batwoman-ruby-rose-horrifying-set-conditions-slams-wbtv-berlanti/

Cliffs:

- Ruby Rose is exposing the Batwoman execs Caroline Dries, Sarah Schechter, Greg Berlanti, and Peter Roth, president of WBTV, for the way they mistreated her and others during her time on the show.

- Rose said she was forced to go back to work 10 days after her surgery (due to a neck injury she sustained while filming Batwoman) and the higher-ups threaten to fire the whole crew and cast if she didn't comply.

- According to Rose, a crew member got 3rd degree burns across his body including face, a sex scene was filmed without prep, they lost two stunt doubles, Rose was almost blinded and a PA was left a quadriplegic and was forced to start a Gofundme.

- Rose claims Batwoman showrunner Caroline Dries wanted them to work through COVID while other shows shut down. She only went to set 4-5 times in the year. Actor Dougray Scott yelled at and mistreated people. Rose calls Camrus Johnson (who plays Luke Fox/Batwing) a “egomaniac” who apparently blamed her and leaked info.

- After Rose’s surgery WB wouldn’t provide transportation and told her to “get a taxi”.

Yikes

Just finished the second season of 'See'. I think the show got A LOT better in the 2nd season, and it finished strong.
The finale had some good battle scenes as well.

I want to give a tip to you with long-term relationships and for lack of joint viewing of a TV series you may both be interested in.

fullsizephoto956970.jpg

My Mister, 2018 ( South Korean, 1 season, 16 ep, around 1.20 hour per episode)

Hands down one of the best dramas I have ever witnessed.

Be prepared for a wet spot on your shoulder and believe me, no one can hold back the tears!

10/10

Hayden Christensen Returning as Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader in AHSOKA Live-Action Series

GettyImages-1179042884-H-2021.jpg

Hayden Christensen is staying in the fold of the Galactic Empire. The actor will reprise the role of Anakin Skywalker, aka Darth Vader, in Ahsoka, the latest Star Wars live-action series from Lucasfilm and Disney+, multiple sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Rosario Dawson is starring as the fan-favorite character Ahsoka Tano, a Jedi Knight survivor popular on the animation side of Star Wars who made her live-action debut in the second season of The Mandalorian.

Plot details are being kept in the far reaches of the Outer Rim, but it is known that longtime Star Wars lightsaber wielder Dave Filoni is writing the series and exec producing with Jon Favreau.

It is unclear how Skywalker, or for that matter, Vader, will figure into Ahsoka, which, like Mandalorian, is set five years after the events of Return of the Jedi, and therefore after Vader’s death.

The character of Tano was the padawan (apprentice) of Skywalker, so the latter’s appearance in the series could be in the form of flashbacks. But knowing a thing or two about how the Force works, sources also posit the theory the character could be a Force Ghost.

Disney was as silent as Darth Maul when asked to comment. Production is due to begin in early 2022.

Christensen famously played the future Vader in 2002’s Star Wars: Attack of the Clones and 2005’s Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. Fans went wild when it was announced at Disney’s investor day in December 2020 that the actor was returning to the role for Obi-Wan Kenobi, the live-action series starring Ewan McGregor.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/star-wars-hayden-christensen-ahsoka-show-1235035459/

Apple TV+ has maybe 3 eps of Invasion up. Watched the first one and it was mostly on the various separate small groups of people with a bit of what was that in it.

Edit: Watched first 3 eps and the show is still doing character development and barely any idea WTF the unknown threat is.

Last edited:
Back