Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

International Trump wanted to assasinate Assad, claims Gen. Mattis stopped him

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by MicroBrew, Sep 15, 2020.

1. MicroBrew Titanium Belt

Trump blames Mattis for preventing it. I am just stating what Trump said.

2. Bargey Silver Belt

He never lied. If he seriously wanted the guy assassinated he’d be dead. You don’t take any options off the table when dealing with a pos like Assad

3. AndroidRage Yellow Card Yellow Card

No one needs to believe in it Turd worlder. Trump admitted it on TV. Jesus Christ, I think the real reason Cuba's literacy rate went up during Castro is because your dumb ass left. You were dragging the place down.

4. PalmaSoriano Green Belt

Ahhh another of the goofs doesn’t understand, I’m not very surprised

5. MicroBrew Titanium Belt

He did lie. How can you say he did not lie when he denied Woodward's book claim but now confirms said claim. I am simply astonished you guys can be this blatant in disregarding facts.

Trump ran on non intervention in MidEast wars. Before he was elected he did not support overthrowing Assad. Trump had a very alt right friendly MidEast policy.

In 2015 Trump said Assad might be replaced by someone worse.Trump indicated he was not in favor of ousting Assad because the MidEast would have been better with Ghaddafi and Saddam still in power (according to Trump)

Trump said last week Assad might be replaced by someone worse if he were ousted.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...fi-still-in-power-trump-idUSKCN0RY0NS20151004

6. AndroidRage Yellow Card Yellow Card

Oh turd world educate me friend. What don't I understand about Trump admitting something he earlier denied on TV? Should we not believe his own words? You are not very surprised just as you are not very smart.

7. Canned Tuna Silver Belt

Him admitting to something years later doesn't have anything to do with whether it was ok for someone else in his administration to leak it back then.

I don't really care about it one way or the other. I was just surprised that conversations between the president and his secretaries about assassinating world leaders aren't something that would be considered classified.

8. Bargey Silver Belt

Yes - did Trump assassinate Assad?

9. MicroBrew Titanium Belt

"Yes" to what? Yes he lied ? Are you finally admitting it?

Mattis prevented Trump, according to Trump himself.

10. PalmaSoriano Green Belt

Well I guess if you think Trump Is the first politician to lie.....I wouldn't say fool but like I always told you...gullible would be the word
    Trumps “problem” would be he lies about what he doesn’t need to and says the truth about what 99% of politicians would lie about. He’s a real estate mogul...everything is bigly, the best, etc etc. sometimes his style works in politics and sometimes not. My opinion is that if you give the usuals on either side of the isle some truth serum they would be completely new people. You give some to Trump and he’s the same goofball. If anything great (there’s a bunch of things if I’m being honest) comes out of Trumps 8 years is that he’s exposed a lot of dormant lunacy I never thought existed

11. PalmaSoriano Green Belt

Well goof the whole point of this thread seems to be that Trump took advice and then changed his mind about an outcome. Great stuff from the troop as usual

Dober4 likes this.
  12. PalmaSoriano Green Belt

Bear with me I think a neighbor 3 houses down hates Trump and would gladly be my source

13. djacobox372 Gold Belt

Wanting to assassinate Aasad doesn't really jive with the whole "Putin's puppet" narrative.

14. MicroBrew Titanium Belt

The point is Woodward was right and Trump lied.
    And Mattis prevented a massive refugee and ethnic cleansing disaster.

15. cocksure Silver Belt

Would have been the 2nd thing he'd gotten right.

16. PalmaSoriano Green Belt

I give up man. Your worst nightmare dictator kills everything despot just signed some new peace deals. I guess we can find a way to spin that as well?

17. steveflynn Gold Belt

Wasn't he supposed to be Mr. non-interventionist? His administration supports/supported overthrowing the current regime in Venezuela; killed the leader of the Iranian military and now admits on Fox and Friends that he wanted to assassinate Assad, all the white, pelting the Middle East with record numbers of drone strikes.

AndroidRage likes this.
  18. andnowweknow BJ's New Life

Trump was joking...

and if that isn't helpful, he was serious.

19. Dober4 Purple Belt

Which one of those resulted in US troops deploying to said countries? Trump knows how to assert power without an occupying force, can’t argue with that.
    <{vega}>

20. AndroidRage Yellow Card Yellow Card

Well turd worlder looks like you are wrong again. Because it looks like he told Woodward something that goes against his dick riding fanbases claims of noninterventionism. Then Trump lied about it when it became public. Now he has switched back admitting to his lie.