International Trump wanted to assasinate Assad, claims Gen. Mattis stopped him

But Mattis said it didn't happen. So why would you credit him for something he said he didn't do?
Trump blames Mattis for preventing it. I am just stating what Trump said.

You are only saying that because you support and defend Trump no matter what.

Wanting to assasinate a nation's leader, one in a very dicy part of the world, is big news , because the consequences of an Assad assasination would be dire.

It does make him look bad, because
1) he lied in 2018 when he denied Woodward's claim and
2) he would have very likely ushered in genocide and ethnic cleansing in Syria with the Christians , Shia and Kurds on the receiving end.
3) The ensuring massacres and chaos from Sunni rebels / jihadis / Al Qaeda taking over would be many more millions of refugees going to Europe.
He never lied. If he seriously wanted the guy assassinated he’d be dead. You don’t take any options off the table when dealing with a pos like Assad

Not really, the wolf has been crying since 2016 so the poor bastard is dehydrated and on its last legs. The only people that believe in any of this are well... you see who starts these threads and who comes in to act like it’s a “bombshell”

No one needs to believe in it Turd worlder. Trump admitted it on TV. Jesus Christ, I think the real reason Cuba's literacy rate went up during Castro is because your dumb ass left. You were dragging the place down.

No one needs to believe in it Turd worlder. Trump admitted it on TV. Jesus Christ, I think the real reason Cuba's literacy rate went up during Castro is because your dumb ass left. You were dragging the place down.

Ahhh another of the goofs doesn’t understand, I’m not very surprised

He never lied. If he seriously wanted the guy assassinated he’d be dead. You don’t take any options off the table when dealing with a pos like Assad

He did lie. How can you say he did not lie when he denied Woodward's book claim but now confirms said claim. I am simply astonished you guys can be this blatant in disregarding facts.

Trump ran on non intervention in MidEast wars. Before he was elected he did not support overthrowing Assad. Trump had a very alt right friendly MidEast policy.

In 2015 Trump said Assad might be replaced by someone worse.Trump indicated he was not in favor of ousting Assad because the MidEast would have been better with Ghaddafi and Saddam still in power (according to Trump)

Trump said last week Assad might be replaced by someone worse if he were ousted.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...fi-still-in-power-trump-idUSKCN0RY0NS20151004

Ahhh another of the goofs doesn’t understand, I’m not very surprised

Oh turd world educate me friend. What don't I understand about Trump admitting something he earlier denied on TV? Should we not believe his own words? You are not very surprised just as you are not very smart.

No but I know who leaked it on Fox.
Him admitting to something years later doesn't have anything to do with whether it was ok for someone else in his administration to leak it back then.

I don't really care about it one way or the other. I was just surprised that conversations between the president and his secretaries about assassinating world leaders aren't something that would be considered classified.

Trump ran on non intervention in MidEast wars. Before he was elected he did not support overthrowing Assad. Trump had a very alt right friendly MidEast policy.

In 2015 Trump said Assad might be replaced by someone worse.Trump indicated he was not in favor of ousting Assad because the MidEast would have been better with Ghaddafi and Saddam still in power (according to Trump)

Trump said last week Assad might be replaced by someone worse if he were ousted.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...fi-still-in-power-trump-idUSKCN0RY0NS20151004
Yes - did Trump assassinate Assad?

Or it just illustrates how much of a liar he is. When he says "that's fake news" and then he corroborates it, who's the fool?

Well I guess if you think Trump Is the first politician to lie.....I wouldn't say fool but like I always told you...gullible would be the word
Trumps “problem” would be he lies about what he doesn’t need to and says the truth about what 99% of politicians would lie about. He’s a real estate mogul...everything is bigly, the best, etc etc. sometimes his style works in politics and sometimes not. My opinion is that if you give the usuals on either side of the isle some truth serum they would be completely new people. You give some to Trump and he’s the same goofball. If anything great (there’s a bunch of things if I’m being honest) comes out of Trumps 8 years is that he’s exposed a lot of dormant lunacy I never thought existed

Oh turd world educate me friend. What don't I understand about Trump admitting something he earlier denied on TV? Should we not believe his own words? You are not very surprised just as you are not very smart.

Well goof the whole point of this thread seems to be that Trump took advice and then changed his mind about an outcome. Great stuff from the troop as usual

Wanting to assassinate Aasad doesn't really jive with the whole "Putin's puppet" narrative.

The point is Woodward was right and Trump lied.
And Mattis prevented a massive refugee and ethnic cleansing disaster.

I give up man. Your worst nightmare dictator kills everything despot just signed some new peace deals. I guess we can find a way to spin that as well?

Wasn't he supposed to be Mr. non-interventionist? His administration supports/supported overthrowing the current regime in Venezuela; killed the leader of the Iranian military and now admits on Fox and Friends that he wanted to assassinate Assad, all the white, pelting the Middle East with record numbers of drone strikes.

...it's Trump who is saying it.

It turns out this "bombshell" was absolutely correct - like they usually end up being - but you still impulsively deny and yell "fake news" even when Trump himself confirms it?
Trump was joking...

and if that isn't helpful, he was serious.

Wasn't he supposed to be Mr. non-interventionist? His administration supports/supported overthrowing the current regime in Venezuela; killed the leader of the Iranian military and now admits on Fox and Friends that he wanted to assassinate Assad, all the white, pelting the Middle East with record numbers of drone strikes.

Which one of those resulted in US troops deploying to said countries? Trump knows how to assert power without an occupying force, can’t argue with that.
<{vega}>

Well goof the whole point of this thread seems to be that Trump took advice and then changed his mind about an outcome. Great stuff from the troop as usual

Well turd worlder looks like you are wrong again. Because it looks like he told Woodward something that goes against his dick riding fanbases claims of noninterventionism. Then Trump lied about it when it became public. Now he has switched back admitting to his lie.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back