International Trump wanted to assasinate Assad, claims Gen. Mattis stopped him

He didn't sign or bring about a peace deal since Israel was never at war with UAE and Bahrain.

The Israel - UAE/KSA friendship really blossomed during the Obama administration. If Hillary was president now, they would still be signing normalization. Trump did nothing , the path was already set before Trump took office.

Yeah sure buddy, I wonder why it’s now that I’m seeing the Israeli nation anthem played at the Burj Khalifa and the old city wall of Jerusalem
being light up with two Arab Muslim flags along side the Israeli flag....

Listen man I know it will pain you and you’ll probably piss a little blood but give orange man the W on this one for once

“I would have rather taken him out. I had him all set. Mattis didn't want to do it," Trump said in an interview with Fox & Friends, referring to then-Defense Secretary Jim Mattis. "Mattis was against most of that stuff."

He had him all set....he as in Trump.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what Jared Kushner's true role in the government is.
A mix of Jason Bourne abilities masked in that Lieutenant Commander Data look.

You made the claim - why should I ask Trump? I’ll ask again - by what lawful power or authority (or unlawful if you have evidence) did Matthis stop Trump?

The Geneva Convention would not consider a civilian leader like Al Assad a legitimate battlefield target and I'm guessing that Mattis used the Supremacy Clause in our constitution to declare the order illegal.

@MicroBrew FYI as well.

The Geneva Convention would not consider a civilian leader like Al Assad a legitimate battlefield target and I'm guessing that Mattis used the Supremacy Clause in our constitution to declare the order illegal.

@MicroBrew FYI as well.
Well that’s at least an authority that Matthis could call upon....but it’s still up to Trump and if he wanted the guy assassinated then they would have seriously attempted it.

Btw when have international conventions stopped America in the past?

Well that’s at least an authority that Matthis could call upon....but it’s still up to Trump and if he wanted the guy assassinated then they would have seriously attempted it.

Btw when have international conventions stopped America in the past?

Once Matthis or another General states that the order is illegal I really doubt that Trump pushes it any further, the military makes an oath to the constitution not to the President. And you're right, if we did assassinate al-Asaad I don't think the UN would have done shit. But just because we are powerful enough to break the law and get away with doesn't mean we should, Mad Dog was probably just trying to uphold the rule of law more than anything.

Once Matthis or another General states that the order is illegal I really doubt that Trump pushes it any further, the military makes an oath to the constitution not to the President. And you're right, if we did assassinate al-Asaad I don't think the UN would have done shit. But just because we are powerful enough to break the law and get away with doesn't mean we should, Mad Dog was probably just trying to uphold the rule of law more than anything.
Trump probably had to run to a golf game or something.

I kind of feel sorry for the dedicated lickspittles at this point. Waking up in their double-wides every morning, scarfing down some flaming cheetos, and preparing themselves to defend the newest round of dumb shit that Trump just did.

Back