Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

International Trump wanted to assasinate Assad, claims Gen. Mattis stopped him

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by MicroBrew, Sep 15, 2020 at 12:46 PM.

1. PalmaSoriano Green Belt

Yeah sure buddy, I wonder why it’s now that I’m seeing the Israeli nation anthem played at the Burj Khalifa and the old city wall of Jerusalem
    being light up with two Arab Muslim flags along side the Israeli flag....

Listen man I know it will pain you and you’ll probably piss a little blood but give orange man the W on this one for once

2. 4daLuLZ Brown Belt

He had him all set....he as in Trump.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what Jared Kushner's true role in the government is.
    A mix of Jason Bourne abilities masked in that Lieutenant Commander Data look.

3. Voodoo_Child906 Black Belt

The Geneva Convention would not consider a civilian leader like Al Assad a legitimate battlefield target and I'm guessing that Mattis used the Supremacy Clause in our constitution to declare the order illegal.

@MicroBrew FYI as well.

4. rearnakedchoke Suck it!

Trump knows better than to fuck with Putin’s bff.

SATW likes this.
  5. Bargey Silver Belt

Well that’s at least an authority that Matthis could call upon....but it’s still up to Trump and if he wanted the guy assassinated then they would have seriously attempted it.

Btw when have international conventions stopped America in the past?

6. Voodoo_Child906 Black Belt

Once Matthis or another General states that the order is illegal I really doubt that Trump pushes it any further, the military makes an oath to the constitution not to the President. And you're right, if we did assassinate al-Asaad I don't think the UN would have done shit. But just because we are powerful enough to break the law and get away with doesn't mean we should, Mad Dog was probably just trying to uphold the rule of law more than anything.

7. James Bomb Red Belt

Trump probably had to run to a golf game or something.

I kind of feel sorry for the dedicated lickspittles at this point. Waking up in their double-wides every morning, scarfing down some flaming cheetos, and preparing themselves to defend the newest round of dumb shit that Trump just did.