International Trump wanted to assasinate Assad, claims Gen. Mattis stopped him

Holy shit, Trump considered doing something but didn’t. Yuge.
Only because , according to Trump, Mattis prevented it.

If this was Obama, you guys would be attacking him, claiming he wants to screw up the MidEast Christians, help jihadis, create another MidEast mess for the US to deal with etc...
But since it is Trump, you guys are deploying a pathetic defense.

Not really, the wolf has been crying since 2016 so the poor bastard is dehydrated and on its last legs. The only people that believe in any of this are well... you see who starts these threads and who comes in to act like it’s a “bombshell”

Trump just admitted on Fox on Friends to wanting to assasinate Assad, after denying it in 2018. This is important news. Woodward's claim from 2018 has been vindicated.

So a thread about assasinating Assad is TDS ?

Every time something negative comes out about Trump, you guys want the thread disappeared , because you righties can not stand seeing Trump lies and bad news being exposed. This is thread deals with news that is not directly related to any other thread.
It’s not news and it doesn’t make Trump look bad anyway

I am quite cynical of the hero worshipping that is afforded to Mattis within the beltway and the media. But, it looks like he really was one of the "adults in the room" during that conversation.

With that said, was there a likelyhood that this would have actually happen?

"I want Assad dead." Is not the same as having the pieces in play to actually complete the plan.

- did we know where he was?
- did we have the means to get it done?

If this was Obama, you guys would be attacking him, claiming he wants to screw up the MidEast Christians, help jihadis, create another MidEast mess for the US to deal with etc...

His adviser advised him against it so he didn’t do it. Crazy.

This proves 1 thing. Both Trump and Mattis are liars.

I would have been for removal from office if Trump assassinated Assad

Pretty sure I wouldn’t attack Obama for
Thinking about stuff.

Trump just admitted on Fox on Friends to wanting to assasinate Assad, after denying it in 2018. This is important news. Woodward's claim from 2018 has been vindicated.

So what your saying is Trump admitted to thinking something and then not doing it after taking it into consideration?

Like I’ve always told you man stick to the racist website research

So Mattis saved the day. Trump would have fcuked things over badly, especially for the Christians.

Whatever... the end result wasn't another US intrusion and massive multi-decade shitshow fighting extremists and having our boys get constantly maimed by IEDs.

I hated the Iraq war and kept telling my friends it would be disaster back then. I couldn't believe we actually invaded.

I'm Conservative in most matters, but I hate the US's foreign interest policies in the Middle East for the most part. You'd think we we would have learned by watching the USSR get butt fucked in the 70's/80s.... lol. Nope

Republicans and Democrats both seem to prefer unwanted involvement in the Middle East. There's several options for Oil now... I say pull out and let the survival of the fittest determine who comes out on top over there. That's all they seem to know how to do over there... Hate and Fight Each Other. They don't have our values and all the Military Might in the world won't change that.

It’s not news and it doesn’t make Trump look bad anyway
You are only saying that because you support and defend Trump no matter what.

Wanting to assasinate a nation's leader, one in a very dicy part of the world, is big news , because the consequences of an Assad assasination would be dire.

It does make him look bad, because
1) he lied in 2018 when he denied Woodward's claim and
2) he would have very likely ushered in genocide and ethnic cleansing in Syria with the Christians , Shia and Kurds on the receiving end.
3) The ensuring massacres and chaos from Sunni rebels / jihadis / Al Qaeda taking over would be many more millions of refugees going to Europe.

Does anyone really believe any of these “bombshells”?
Since Woodward has it all on tape, then yeah, I believe the bombshells. Unless Woodward is a mutant with mind control powers , the book contains words Trump said to Woodward.
I know its hard to believe for a cult member and say they are all lies makes it more palatable, but as I stated, Woodward has it all on tape.
Dumb ass Trump or whomever is in charge of him, decided having a witness there or do their own recording was not a good idea.
His administration makes some mistakes they should not. It was fine in the first year but we are almost at the end of his term and they still make mistakes they should not.

Trump just wanted to kill someone.

Finally had his blood lust satisfied with General Salami.

You member that one time some other president wanted to intervene in Syria and the American people said fuck that?

Pepperidge farm remembers (even though he went ahead and fucked it up anyways)

So what your saying is Trump admitted to thinking something and then not doing it after taking it into consideration?

Like I’ve always told you man stick to the racist website research
Oh look another June 2020 previously banned poster.

You righties hate that I research White power websties because that allows me to see what you guys talk about and sympathise with. Tribalists like you will always support Trump because the only thing that matters to you lot is maintaing White supremacy, which is why you online righties are soo invested in defending Trump.

Trump would have done it , if it weren't for Mattis. We should all thank Mattis .

I am quite cynical of the hero worshipping that is afforded to Mattis within the beltway and the media. But, it looks like he really was one of the "adults in the room" during that conversation.

With that said, was there a likelyhood that this would have actually happen?

"I want Assad dead." Is not the same as having the pieces in play to actually complete the plan.

- did we know where he was?
- did we have the means to get it done?
Most likely Trump fantasized on how easy it is to assasinate Assad like thinking that a drone could snipe Assad from 100 miles away and Matthis broke him back to reality

You member that one time some other president wanted to intervene in Syria and the American people said fuck that?

Pepperidge farm remembers (even though he went ahead and fucked it up anyways)

Sorry friend but you'll find a long post history of me criticizing Obama for Syria and not working with Russia to prop up Assad.

Oh look another June 2020 previously banned poster.

You righties hate that I research White power websties because that allows me to see what you guys talk about and sympathise with. Tribalists like you will always support Trump because the only thing that matters to you lot is maintaing White supremacy, which is why you online righties are soo invested in defending Trump.

Trump would have done it , if it weren't for Mattis. We should all thank Mattis .

You keep fighting the goof fight through your “research”

See that’s what’s comical, you think a common sense argument is defending Trump. You made yet another orange man bad thread that makes no sense. Don’t get mad at me if that point is brought up

Again you’re telling me that Trump admitted to thinking something and then not doing it after taking it into consideration?

Back