International Trump wanted to assasinate Assad, claims Gen. Mattis stopped him

One more time: Again you’re telling me that Trump admitted to thinking something and then not doing it after taking it into consideration?

...ok so let me get this straight Libya wasnt Obamas fault (the president) it’s was hilldog? But a thing Trump didnt do...is damming?
It is not "thinking" ; you make it sound like it was a fleeting thought he momentarily had. He wanted Assad dead, but Mattis saved the day.

Obama never ran roughshod over government and society like Trump . Obama resisted as best he could. The GOP establishment kept bitching at Obama to take Ghaddafi out, and you righties then blame Obama for doing it.

Obama wanted to assasinate Gadaffi.
Nobody stopped him and he went on with it.
Yay nobel peace prize.

Sure, the responsibility lies with the person who told the journalist. I don't think it's likely that the president is the one who gave Woodward the interview for the 2018 book considering that he denied it at that time. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
It doesn't matter who the source was if Trump is admitting it. The conclusion we can draw is that he lied when he denied it. Or maybe he lying now for some reason related to his ego. It's an established fact that Trump is a liar 20k+ lies into his Presidency.

And instead he listened to his advisor and didn’t do anything. So were back at “trump thought about something.”
He did do something. He's corroborating Woodward's '18 book after previously stating it was a lie.

Probably for the best they didnt. Getting rid of these middle eastern despots seems to cause much more harm than good.

Ok, so Trump lied about considering doing something that he didn’t actually do two years ago. Yuge?
No, he lied about a description of him in a book, but since he's too stupid to remember now he's admitting it. LIAR! SAD! <{1-11}>

In 2018 Bob Woodward said - in this book Fear - that Trump wanted to assasinate Assad, but Trump denied it.

US President Donald Trump has denied assertions by prominent journalist Bob Woodward in his new book that he ordered the assassination of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

Mr Trump said the idea was "never even discussed" with defence officials.

Defence Secretary James Mattis has also denied words attributed to him in Woodward's book.

The book Fear: Trump in the White House depicts a chaotic administration in a "nervous breakdown of executive power".

Mr Trump has already condemned the new work as a "con on the public".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45425413

-----

Well fast forward to now and Trump admits , on Fox and Friends , he wanted to assadinate Assad. He blames Ret Gen. Mattis for stopping the assasination.

Trump changes story, says he wanted to assassinate Syria's Assad

Trump's comments are similar to a report in journalist Bob Woodward's 2018 book "Fear."

“I would have rather taken him out. I had him all set. Mattis didn't want to do it," Trump said in an interview with Fox & Friends, referring to then-Defense Secretary Jim Mattis. "Mattis was against most of that stuff."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/15/trump-assassinate-syria-assad-415093

--------

Trump Confirms He Wanted to Assassinate Assad After Denying Original Woodward Report
https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/tru...but-overrated-mattis-didn-t-want-to-1.9158027

---------

Woodward was right all along , in 2018. Trump lied when he rubbished Woodward's claim in the book Fear.

Obama gets shit for supporting the anti Assad rebels , even though he didn't want to intervene and didn't want to assasinate Assad. One of Trump's big alure was not wanting to get involved in Syria . Trump was considered the anti interventionist candidate and someone who didn't want to help the rebels. Seems Trump was far more conducive to a Sunni Jihadi takeover of Syria than we were led to believe.

so trump got caught lying again.

how are his supporters doing mental gymnastics to spin this one?

So some new book claims a conversation happened, but both parties deny it? This is shit is going to be on the Amazon best seller list because you retards keep falling for these grifts.

No, he wanted to do it, but Mattis stood in the way. So why should Trump get credit here?
Mattis should get the credit, but Trump has attacked Mattis.

But Mattis said it didn't happen. So why would you credit him for something he said he didn't do?

It doesn't matter who the source was if Trump is admitting it. The conclusion we can draw is that he lied when he denied it. Or maybe he lying now for some reason related to his ego. It's an established fact that Trump is a liar 20k+ lies into his Presidency.
Of course he is. That doesn't have anything to do with what I'm talking about.

I'm saying I find it shocking that it's ok to leak info about conversations like that.

Of course he is. That doesn't have anything to do with what I'm talking about.

I'm saying I find it shocking that it's ok to leak info about conversations like that.
He's the President so if he leaks it's legal. <TheDonald>

So some new book claims a conversation happened, but both parties deny it? This is shit is going to be on the Amazon best seller list because you retards keep falling for these grifts.
You didn't read the O.P. so why did you even respond?

TL : DR
- In 2018 Bob Woodward published a book called "Fear"
- In it he said that Trump wanted to Assasinate Assad.
- Trump rubbished Woodward for stating this, claiming it was not true.
- Fast forward to now : Trump goes on Fox and Friends and says he wanted to assasinate Assad but Mattis prevented him.

Woodward's claim in the 2018 book has been vindicated by Trump himself.

Back