International Trump wanted to assasinate Assad, claims Gen. Mattis stopped him

Which one of those resulted in US troops deploying to said countries? Trump knows how to assert power without an occupying force, can’t argue with that.
<{vega}>

that's still not at all non-interventionism. Using this logic then Ronald Reagan never intervened in South America in the 1980's because he never utilized US Army ground forces.

"Yes" to what? Yes he lied ? Are you finally admitting it?

Mattis prevented Trump, according to Trump himself.
So Trump didn’t want to assassinate or he did? Or do you count lead up deliberation, consultation and debate up until decision time actual micro decisions? Does pondering and alternative hypotheses by the Commander-in-Chief count as decisions?

For that matter, IS Trump the Commander-in-Chief or was it Matthis? Because the only way Matthis prevents Trump from taking authoritative action is to outrank him and you should know that he did not.

What happened was that Trump may have wanted to assassinate Assad in theory but changed his mind after further consideration and advice.

Hence he was telling the truth and demonstrating 5 star leadership.

Hence your thread is a waste of server room

that's still not at all non-interventionism. Using this logic then Ronald Reagan never intervened in South America in the 1980's because he never utilized US Army ground forces.

Yes it is. His platform was removing the US military from costly foreign deployments. He has asserted power and achieved peace deals without deploying troops.

Again this cannot be argued they are facts.

Good.. killing Assad would create another Iraq situation and 20 more years of babysitting with our military.

It’s not the US’s job to play nanny for these countries. We have our own problems.
I have an aunt who loved travelling to the ME. She said Syria was just beautiful, nothing less. But its hard not to put the fault on Assad, even tho america has helped a lot to make things a mess.

Yes it is. His platform was removing the US military from costly foreign deployments. He has asserted power and achieved peace deals without deploying troops.

Again this cannot be argued they are facts.

umm, the US still has nearly one thousand military bases on foreign soil and the defense budget is nearly 900 billion dollars. There are still thousands of US troops in the Middle East and the United States is still bombing at least five countries all the while launching record numbers of drone strikes. Not at all sure how this is removing the US military from costly foreign deployments. Keep in mind, this is also occurring while the US has record spending as well as debt and deficit levels. Thus, the US is still engaging in very costly military behavior all throughout the world.

So Trump didn’t want to assassinate or he did? Or do you count lead up deliberation, consultation and debate up until decision time actual micro decisions? Does pondering and alternative hypotheses by the Commander-in-Chief count as decisions?

For that matter, IS Trump the Commander-in-Chief or was it Matthis? Because the only way Matthis prevents Trump from taking authoritative action is to outrank him and you should know that he did not.

What happened was that Trump may have wanted to assassinate Assad in theory but changed his mind after further consideration and advice.

Hence he was telling the truth and demonstrating 5 star leadership.

Hence your thread is a waste of server room

Trump say he wanted to assasinate Assad but Mattis stopped him, hence you are literally arguing against Trump's own words.

Trump lied about Woodward's book in 2018. And now he indirectly admits he lied. Just more proof Trump is a pathological liar and his supporters are just as much morally bankrupt.

umm, the US still has nearly one thousand military bases on foreign soil and the defense budget is nearly 900 billion dollars. There are still thousands of US troops in the Middle East and the United States is still bombing at least five countries all the while launching record numbers of drone strikes. Not at all sure how this is removing the US military from costly foreign deployments. Keep in mind, this is also occurring while the US has record spending as well as debt and deficit levels. Thus, the US is still engaging in very costly military behavior all throughout the world.

What does this rambling have to do with my post?

What does this rambling have to do with my post?

Costly foreign deployments ? Nearly one thousand US military bases remain on foreign soil; the military budget is nearly 900 billion dollars; there continue to be thousands of US military personnel in the Middle East; the US is still flying record numbers of drone strikes..... How does all of this not have to do with engaging in costly foreign involvement/deployment exactly ?

"Yes" to what? Yes he lied ? Are you finally admitting it?

Mattis prevented Trump, according to Trump himself.
So far only the source for Woodward's book and Trump himself have admitted to this... <TheWire1> Could it be... <Moyes5>

I give up man. Your worst nightmare dictator kills everything despot just signed some new peace deals. I guess we can find a way to spin that as well?
He didn't sign or bring about a peace deal since Israel was never at war with UAE and Bahrain.

The Israel - UAE/KSA friendship really blossomed during the Obama administration. If Hillary was president now, they would still be signing normalization. Trump did nothing , the path was already set before Trump took office.

Well I guess if you think Trump Is the first politician to lie.....I wouldn't say fool but like I always told you...gullible would be the word
Trumps “problem” would be he lies about what he doesn’t need to and says the truth about what 99% of politicians would lie about. He’s a real estate mogul...everything is bigly, the best, etc etc. sometimes his style works in politics and sometimes not. My opinion is that if you give the usuals on either side of the isle some truth serum they would be completely new people. You give some to Trump and he’s the same goofball. If anything great (there’s a bunch of things if I’m being honest) comes out of Trumps 8 years is that he’s exposed a lot of dormant lunacy I never thought existed
I don't really agree with you, because I think Trump is not only a liar but also corrupt, and if you gave him truth serum he'd be in jail in about 5 seconds. We can agree to disagree though and wait for the election.

Well goof the whole point of this thread seems to be that Trump took advice and then changed his mind about an outcome. Great stuff from the troop as usual
Ok let me put it this way. Do you think Woodward's books are accurate?

Costly foreign deployments ? Nearly one thousand US military bases remain on foreign soil; the military budget is nearly 900 billion dollars; there continue to be thousands of US military personnel in the Middle East; the US is still flying record numbers of drone strikes..... How does all of this not have to do with engaging in costly foreign involvement/deployment exactly ?

I was speaking on the recent peace deals that were made/ the killing of a rogue Iranian terrorist general that resulted in no further troops being deployed.

You can’t erase all of the US bases around the world in 4 years or even 50 years. No further addition of US troops overseas during Trumps presidency is a major win, not sure how you can logically argue that.

Trump say he wanted to assasinate Assad but Mattis stopped him, hence you are literally arguing against Trump's own words.
How did he stop him? By what authority or power?

You are only saying that because you support and defend Trump no matter what.

Wanting to assasinate a nation's leader, one in a very dicy part of the world, is big news , because the consequences of an Assad assasination would be dire.

It does make him look bad, because
1) he lied in 2018 when he denied Woodward's claim and
2) he would have very likely ushered in genocide and ethnic cleansing in Syria with the Christians , Shia and Kurds on the receiving end.
3) The ensuring massacres and chaos from Sunni rebels / jihadis / Al Qaeda taking over would be many more millions of refugees going to Europe.

Trump lies to his base daily. They simply don´t care.

I think the security violation lies with the people who speak with the journalist......and I don't think Presidents are subject to security violations as they have final say on what information is classified.
Yeah for real . What’s the point of a fucking journalists job if he has to always keep info to self ? !

So Trumpers:

You boasted about how we all should be on the side of Assad and praised Turning a blind eye to Syria. Now he's admitted that he wanted to have Assad killed?

We await your take.

Lol keep falling for non facts it’s adorable

Back