Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

International Trump wanted to assasinate Assad, claims Gen. Mattis stopped him

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by MicroBrew, Sep 15, 2020.

1. PalmaSoriano Banned Banned

Well there it is. I’m glad Trump wasn’t a Warhawk maniac and didn’t go through with it. We can both agree there yes?

The Iranian general was at play in another country with a history of American deaths on his hands so the comparison....I’m not seeing it

Edison Exotic likes this.
  2. Canned Tuna Silver Belt

Sure, the responsibility lies with the person who told the journalist. I don't think it's likely that the president is the one who gave Woodward the interview for the 2018 book considering that he denied it at that time. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

3. MicroBrew Titanium Belt

You White Nationalists aren't getting the 1950s America back, so deal with it. Even if Trump gets re-elected, he can't turn back the clock. Demographics and too many non righties in America to allow you guys to get the 50s back.

Yours wasn't an argument at all, it was a deliberate misrepresentation of teh facts. Trump lied in 2018 and if he had his way, we would be looking at massive upheaval and millions of refugees in Europe. You guys should be happy Mattis prevened the disaster, because otherwise your precious White Europe would get flooded with millions of MidEasterners, much more than the numbers there now. But you can't bring yourself to admit Trump's plan was terrible even though Europe benefitted because ultimately you are a Trump nuthugger.

4. panamaican Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Interesting. So Trump and people in his administration deny that something was said. Fast forward and it turns out it was said.

I swear I just typed this a week ago in relation to the comments about soldiers being "losers". I asked how many times are we going to play this game? Here we are playing it again. I'm sure we probably have a thread where dozens of posters claimed that it couldn't be true because someone in the administration says it's not true.

The intelligent option at this time is that if something is in alignment with Trump's general character, assume it is true until proven untrue.

How many times can his "supporters" be wrong about his character before they start realizing that they don't know the man at all?

5. LangfordBarrow StickAndMove Platinum Member

But he's saying he wanted to do it, and they didn't let him, now he's complaining that it would have been another feather in his cap. "I would have rather taken him out. I had him all set."

6. Rob Battisti HR for HR

admittedly, I didn’t read the entire post.

not a trumper.

going off of the fact that the WWI comment came out as something that “might not have happened.

7. Bloody Pulp Gold Belt

And instead he listened to his advisor and didn’t do anything. So were back at “trump thought about something.”

PalmaSoriano likes this.
  8. MicroBrew Titanium Belt

These guys know Trump lies pathologically but they always deny it and retort with TDS because ultimately these guys (rightwing netziens) are very tribal. As Trump said, he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and not lose his supporters.

9. PalmaSoriano Banned Banned

....wh...white...white nationalist?

[​IMG]

I hate to break it to you but while you were busy with your research on stormfront....there was a massive upheaval of millions of refugees in Europe.....specially cause of a little place called Libya. Ever heard of it?

You can’t answer my question because you know it’s correct

10. PalmaSoriano Banned Banned

They. Just. Can’t. Admit. It

11. MicroBrew Titanium Belt

No, he wanted to do it, but Mattis stood in the way. So why should Trump get credit here?
    Mattis should get the credit, but Trump has attacked Mattis.

12. Bloody Pulp Gold Belt

Mattis didn’t choke him out and hold him down till he forgot. He advised against it and Trump took his advice.

13. panamaican Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

I know, I don't expect anything to change. I just can't help myself from pointing it out. If this was a tv show, this would be a running gag.

The Trump character comes on screen says something insane in front of everyone. Then when someone asks him about it, he says he didn't say it. His stooge character then jumps in and yells that it wasn't said. The whole show circles around this comment. At some point before the end of the show, the Trump character, shrugs his shoulders, throws up his hands, looks at the camera and quips "I did say it, whatayagonnado?" Everyone laughs, roll credits.

14. wbubbles Brown Belt

Again coming out the trump is a liar. Con man. I thought his voters voted for hik because he was so "open and a straight shooter."

15. PalmaSoriano Banned Banned

Listen to yourself brah, I hate to say it cause you’ll just call me a “Trumptard” but the TDS is within you

16. MicroBrew Titanium Belt

So you clearly ignored the part of my post where I said "would get flooded with millions of MidEasterners, much more than the numbers there now."

Many of the refugees in Europe are from Syria. If Assad was taken out, it very well could have ushered in a pro Al Qaeda government, resulting in a refugee crisis vastly worse than what has happened soo far.

What was the question again?

And Libya was the fault of Hillary, Neocons, France and Britain. Obama did not want to get involved, soo much so that Republican hawks criticsed him as "leading from behind".

17. MicroBrew Titanium Belt

Joined June 2020; why do I even bother engaging with you previouslt banned rightwingers, it is just a waste of time. You guys will always find excuses and employ all manner of mental gymnastics to defend Trump, because you are tribal.

Ridgeback likes this.
  18. PalmaSoriano Banned Banned

One more time: Again you’re telling me that Trump admitted to thinking something and then not doing it after taking it into consideration?

...ok so let me get this straight Libya wasnt Obamas fault (the president) it’s was hilldog? But a thing Trump didnt do...is damming?

19. PalmaSoriano Banned Banned

Sad

20. LangfordBarrow StickAndMove Platinum Member

Or it just illustrates how much of a liar he is. When he says "that's fake news" and then he corroborates it, who's the fool?