Social Trump to bestow Presidential Medial of Freedom on....Tiger Woods

Yeah, because the right complained a lot when Obama gave the award to several celebrities they have a long history of hating. The right didn't care; that's the reality. Just admit you guys went into full "orange man bad" mode on this one and live to fight another day.

The Right was always complaining about Obama, always attacking his character , rather than focusing on policy disagreements. They made a fuss about him inviting Hip-Hop stars to the WH. Trump became president because he tapped into the righwing Obama character assassination personal attack bandwagon. So yes, if Obama had done this, I firmly believe the right would be attacking it as a disgrace.

The Right was always complaining about Obama, always attacking his character , rather than focusing on policy disagreements. They made a fuss about him inviting Hip-Hop stars to the WH. Trump became president because he tapped into the righwing Obama character assassination personal attack bandwagon. So yes, if Obama had done this, I firmly believe the right would be attacking it as a disgrace.

Of course, just like the right also did with bill Clinton and the left did with both Bushes, etc, etc. The point is here that a few people are getting exercised in this thread about a very commonplace presidential activity that has close analogues in Obama's presidency, but when that is pointed out they refuse to stand down. How silly to start raising hypotheticals to be bothered by: what if Tiger aid something bad about Trump, what then? and what not. I mean, lol man, move on.

Except your beloved Obama DID award 12 of these to athletes or coaches. Show us the thread you made when Obama gave one to Jordan in 2016.

Of course, just like the right also did with bill Clinton and the left did with both Bushes, etc, etc. The point is here that a few people are getting exercised in this thread about a very commonplace presidential activity that has close analogues in Obama's presidency, but when that is pointed out they refuse to stand down. How silly to start raising hypotheticals to be bothered by: what if Tiger aid something bad about Trump, what then? and what not. I mean, lol man, move on.
I wonder if Micro made a thread about Obama giving one to Jordan in 2016. Hmm...

Except your beloved Obama DID award 12 of these to athletes or coaches. Show us the thread you made when Obama gave one to Jordan in 2016.
I never paid attention to who got awarded and until this thread didn't even know some of the people who got the award. I don't even now pay attention to who gets the award, and the only reason I even became aware that Trump is giving Tiger the award is because I saw mention of it while glancing at Tiger Woods news.

Like I said earlier, I can understand the award if Trump said it was recognition of Tiger's positive impact in promoting the game . What I think is a bit much is giving him the award just for winning this Masters / the comeback. Since Trump never actually stated he was giving the award for Tiger's career spanning impact, one is left to conclude he decided to give the award for this Sunday's win / comeback.

I never paid attention to who got awarded and until this thread didn't even know some of the people who got the award. I don't even now pay attention to who gets the award, and the only reason I even became aware that Trump is giving Tiger the award is because I saw mention of it while glancing at Tiger Woods news.

Like I said earlier, I can understand the award if Trump said it was recognition of Tiger's positive impact in promoting the game . What I think is a bit much is giving him the award just for winning this Masters / the comeback. Since Trump never actually stated he was giving the award for Tiger's career spanning impact, one is left to conclude he decided to give the award for this Sunday's win / comeback.
Ah, so you didn't make a thread when Obama gave one to Michael Jordan in 2016. Carry on with your false outrage. ;)

No, my original point was it is a bit much to give Tiger the award just for this Sunday's win, as special as it is. I wouldn't have made a thread if Trump had said he was awarding Tiger for his career spanning service / positive promotion of the game.

And this doesn't mean I agree with Obama handing our the awards to athletes either . I would have to take a look at each specific athlete and why they were awarded to form an opinion . I just never paid any attention when Obama handed the awards because I do not recall seeing it in the mainstream press.

Ah, so you didn't make a thread when Obama gave one to Michael Jordan in 2016. Carry on with your false outrage. ;)
How am I supposed to make a thread when I wasn't even aware of it until now.

You also don't know the meaning of the word outrage. Saying Tiger getting he award is a but much is hardly "outrage".

How am I supposed to make a thread when I wasn't even aware of it until now.

If you weren't aware of it until now, then on what precedent are you basing your judgment of Tiger's award? You just came up with something on the spot to make Trump look bad. Why not just celebrate that a guy is really damn good at golf and not make it about politics? Isn't that better than criticizing something you admittedly know little about?

I like Tiger but this is stupid. Wait until he passes Jack.

What do you mean "if" Obama did this? He did. Tom Hanks, Meryl Streep and Michael Jordan (among MANY other pop icons) were all recipients of the medal of freedom from Obama.

What do you mean "if" Obama did this? He did. Tom Hanks, Meryl Streep and Michael Jordan (among MANY other pop icons) were all recipients of the medal of freedom from Obama.
The hypothetical was specifically about Obama bestowing the award to Tiger for winning Augusta this past Sunday (assuming ofcourse Obama was the President).

If you weren't aware of it until now, then on what precedent are you basing your judgment of Tiger's award? You just came up with something on the spot to make Trump look bad. Why not just celebrate that a guy is really damn good at golf and not make it about politics? Isn't that better than criticizing something you admittedly know little about?
I am basing it on the fact that giving the award for winning that 1 tourney / the comeback is a bit much. The award is meant to be for persons who made a big positive contribution to society. This Masters win by Tiger doesn't really affect anyone , does it. If he had carried the US Ryder Cup team I would understand the award. Or if Trump had said it was in recognition of all he has done for the promotion of the sport.

The hypothetical was specifically about Obama bestowing the award to Tiger for winning Augusta this past Sunday (assuming ofcourse Obama was the President).
Well surely there must be criticisms somewhere? The guy was just president a couple of years ago.

Well surely there must be criticisms somewhere? The guy was just president a couple of years ago.
"But I didn't know about the Medal of Freedom until today! Believe me!"

I am basing it on the fact that giving the award for winning that 1 tourney / the comeback is a bit much.

Lol. Compared to what? You admitted that until now you were completely unaware of other folks who have won the award. How would you then know whether Tiger's accomplishments are on par with others who have received the reward? You don't. What you know is that Trump is bad, and so his presentation of the award to Tiger is flawed. How exactly it is flawed was a secondary consideration.

But but but @MicroBrew didnt know about the medal of freedom until he opened this thread!!!

Fucking pathetic, what a bitch you are lol.

But but but @MicroBrew didnt know about the medal of freedom until he opened this thread!!!

Fucking pathetic, what a bitch you are lol.
I knew about the medal, just not the recipients. Ofcourse you saunter in here to whine about me, cause you have a chip on your shoulder.

Back