• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opinion Trump supporters, do you give credit to Biden for bringing troops home?

If you read it, you would see that the confidence levels of those agecies was not high.

And?

None of them were telling the administration it was going to go belly up in 2 days.

A for the intention. F for the execution.

It's mind boggling how it's been handled. Why the hell didn't a good amount of troops stay behind to make a clean exit? This is essentially 'pulling out the rug' like some sort of comedy skit. There seems to have been no plan. They all just up and left.

It's mind boggling how it's been handled. Why the hell didn't a good amount of troops stay behind to make a clean exit? This is essentially 'pulling out the rug' like some sort of comedy skit. There seems to have been no plan. They all just up and left.

From what I've read they pulled air cover without even notifying the ground commanders. It's absurd.

It's funny seeing all these pro-Trump, America first, "let those middle east countries solve their own problems, why we wasting money over there" people suddenly turning into pearl clutching "OMG how could we pull out of poor Afghanistan at a time like this, those poor Afghans, Biden have you no heart?" people.

It's pretty fucked up for the people no? I feel exceptionally bad for the youth. Education and a normal way of life. Gone in a matter of weeks . Pretty fucked up.

It's disturbing that all you " kind " people on the left are more focused on Trumpers than having a opinion on the situation yourself.. I guess it's easier.

And?

None of them were telling the administration it was going to go belly up in 2 days.
Biden made decisions on the sunny side advice of agencies that could not express high confidence in their advice. LEADERSHIP!!!

The level of incompetence make me think there is something more nefarious going on. How the fuck do they just abandon military vehicles, weapons, etc?

The level of incompetence make me think there is something more nefarious going on. How the fuck do they just abandon military vehicles, weapons, etc?
So the US is more than 30 years late with giving the Taliban an equipment upgrade. "Big deal".

Well, I say it all the time, regarding well...You know. It's going to get really goofy and funny as I've proved more and more right. Anybody believing thew nations of the world are in full power of themselves, democratically etc are delusional. The MIC, and the most powerful military in the world don't act like this, without a reason. There is something going on here, something big.

Good lord, I can only imagine how people who served feel right now. Just a giant waste of time.

Didn’t say bring the boys home and forget about Afghanistan?

The funny thing is that we've seen Biden stand up to the MIC and the media slam him for it, not even pretending to be neutral. Both the "Biden is a puppet" and the "MSM leans left/Democratic" narratives should be regarded as definitively disproved (especially the former, as only someone with Biden's experience and independence would be able to pull this off). Zero chance that any hacks will acknowledge or even notice it, though.

lol....oh yes....he gets full credit for the biggest debacle in NATO history.

Didn’t say bring the boys home and forget about Afghanistan?
Absolutely. It still has to be painful to watch after all the blood lost, the money spent, the ridiculous amount of time spent training Afghan security forces, to see it all collapse in such a short time, and to see someone else riding around in "Sandy" shouting "death to infidels"...

Absolutely. It still has to be painful to watch after all the blood lost, the money spent, the ridiculous amount of time spent training Afghan security forces, to see it all collapse in such a short time, and to see someone else riding around in "Sandy" shouting "death to infidels"...

You just replied from the wrong account didn’t you?

Not a Trumper, but it's hard to give Biden credit for being months late withdrawing a deal that Trunp brokered, and doing it in the worst way possible.

The funny thing is that we've seen Biden stand up to the MIC and the media slam him for it, not even pretending to be neutral. Both the "Biden is a puppet" and the "MSM leans left/Democratic" narratives should be regarded as definitively disproved (especially the former, as only someone with Biden's experience and independence would be able to pull this off). Zero chance that any hacks will acknowledge or even notice it, though.

this move by Biden will look better and better in the years to come.

It is funny Biden is a puppet for the MSM but at the same time he’s being slammed for this across the board by those same people he’s in bed with.

At least he’s sticking to his guns and has no problem taking the blame and carrying it on his back.

Notice the difference:

“The buck stops with me” -Biden

“I don’t take responsibility at all” -Trump

Last edited:
He was correct in the withdrawal. It should have been handled and planned better.
Yeah, thats what all the hub bub is about.

They took in a shitload of afghans on that plane but left actual Americans?!

Can you think of any way of pulling out of there like that thats worse?!

I'm genuinely curious what Trump supporters think because for years we've heard that Trump has been one of the most peaceful presidents and had a plan to slowly bring troops home. He never truly fulfilled what he said he was going to do
Trump reduced the US troop numbers in combat zones by 90%. Feel free to ask me how I know this for a fact :) :) :)
but now that Biden is in office a lot of these people are oddly quiet.
Quiet about what?????

I think this is a win for America.
Being that Americans get to come back to an awesome sought after 1st world country and Taliban gets to reclaim a baron wasteland of dirt and poop? YES. That alone is a victory.

The media may bitch about us leaving but the problem was never us leaving, the problems has always been going there in the first place and staying so long.
I always said we should have gotten out after we iced Osama.

I think no matter what president did this they should deserve some credit but it seems everyone is against Biden on this.
I'm on record these past few days saying Biden is not to blame for this. We'd be in this situation if we left in 2040.

Strangely enough, it is the one thing the media finally goes against him on and it is probably the only thing I really like that he's done so far other than child tax credit
I think it has to do with Biden pushing the date UP a month at a moments notice. Even a week can toss a wrench in things when it comes to evacuations. Also ANNOUNCING to the enemy the dates of the plan. I got some buddies in Bagram that had to do some last minute secret planning and jumping through some inconvenient hoops because of this.

Back