• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opinion Trump supporters, do you give credit to Biden for bringing troops home?

Thanks to Joe Biden the Taliban Now Controls 11 Former US Bases, Approximately 174 Humvees, 10,000 High Explosive Rockets and 6 Light Attack Aircraft
This was because the ANA abandoned all of it and retreated (not sure in what order).

Nice gotcha post. Leave as in, properly and efficiently. This was a 'rug pull' exit, and it's a joke. Both sides admit this.

Try to backpedal all you would like. You called for them to “up and leave”, and that is what they did. Lying about what you meant isn’t going to work. You’re only fooling yourself. You said it, now own up to it.

Great decision to withdraw but the military has handled it poorly. It's like Biden gave the order to withdraw and the military was like; Hell yeah, let's get the fuck out of here as fast as we can. Should have been planned better but you can't blame that on Biden, doesn't seem like he should be responsible for the armed services dropping the ball.
This is what happens with the date get shifted like that. Wasn't really the fault of the "armed services".

Try to backpedal all you would like. You called for them to “up and leave”, and that is what they did. Lying about what you meant isn’t going to work. You’re only fooling yourself. You said it, now own up to it.

ok

It never would’ve been glamorous.

Have you read this article by any chance.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/08/15/afghanistan-military-collapse-taliban/
Without a doubt, the Taliban would have taken over. The Afghan national security forces and government had no intention on steeping up. This could ne seen by watching Afghan training videos and non-to-flimsy commitals by their goverment.

This issue is that the Talibans equipment upgrade could have been avoided by recognizing the non-commital attitude of the Afghanis.

The current crisis of the takeover is definitely not Biden's fault. Anyone that says otherwise is insane. However, issue of once again arming the Taliban is in Biden's lap.

I also swore I heard them scream about just needing a quick withdrawl.

Honestly what Biden did is best these ´´´slow wind downs´´´never materilize to actually leaving
The billions we blew over there could have done wonders for the US. I'm looking forward to hearing the trumpers and even Trump try to spin this. M guess is Trump will say he does the best withdraws and how greatly he would have done it, of course when asked how he would have done it differently... well, you know how it ends.

The billions we blew over there could have done wonders for the US. I'm looking forward to hearing the trumpers and even Trump try to spin this. M guess is Trump will say he does the best withdraws and how greatly he would have done it, of course when asked how he would have done it differently... well, you know how it ends.
So you think the withdrawal was handled correctly?

Absolutely not. He just did what Trump already arranged, and show how popular it was on both sides with the public. However, he changed the date so Trump wouldn't look good, passed of the Taliban, and then ignored his own intel/advisors and created a catastrophe.

What a silly thread

These wars could of instead been used the money to give everyone healthcare, take on big pharma and big education etc

Well... Maybe if Biden,the Dems, MSM, MIC, etc., hadn't gotten in the way of Trump pulling out, you and the other "what about Trump" posters may have something of substance to say about Trump's Afghanistan pull-out method.

Alas, Biden has the keys and he wrecked the car.

Currently attacking Biden for actually pulling out.

Cope more.

Sleepy Biden is more alpha than Trump
Never happened of course... All talk
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/16/us/politics/trump-troop-withdrawal-afghanistan-somalia-iraq.html
WASHINGTON — President Trump is expected to order the U.S. military to withdraw thousands of troops from Afghanistan, Iraq and Somalia by the time he leaves office in January, using the end of his time in power to significantly pull back American forces from far-flung conflicts around the world.

Under a draft order circulating at the Pentagon on Monday, the number of U.S. forces in Afghanistan would be halved from the current deployment of 4,500 troops, officials said.

In Iraq, the Pentagon would trim force levels slightly below the 3,000 troops that commanders had previously announced. And in Somalia, virtually all of the more than 700 troops conducting training and counterterrorism missions would leave.

Taken together, the cuts reflect Mr. Trump’s longstanding desire to stop shouldering the cost of long-running military engagements against Islamist insurgencies in failed and fragile countries in Africa and the Middle East, a grinding mission that has spread since the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

No, no credit, just blame. To be honest I was very ambivalent about pulling out but also everything we were still doing in that country after 20 years. Just how do you fix a country like Afghanistan?

Trump or no Trump, I didn't feel good about us pulling out because medieval barbarians were going to eventually take over. Lots of innocent people were going to suffer, especially if they weren't a muslim male aligned with the taliban or something like it. Iran, Pakistan, Russia, and China all want to influence what happens in Afghanistan and the dominant culture there is tribal backwardness mixed with dark ages nonsense. So it was always going to be ugly, it's just a question of how long it took after we left.

All that said Joe Biden is a disaster. He had no plan, and a bunch of false assumptions about Afghanistan and how things work there. He rejected everything Trump tried to set up for our pull out and just ripped the band aid off. Now thousands of Americans and our allies are basically hostages of the taliban. Good job you stupid fuck.

I find it odd that I heard the trumpers screaming about blowing money in the middle east and to bring the troops home... now for some odd reason they are losing their minds over the Afghanistan issues.
G4TcKJC.png
Lotsa good watching.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=trump+remove+troops

I agree leaving Afgh is the right thing to do.
That army doesn't fight back.

US just shouldn't have left all those guns and jeeps behind.
It's ridiculous leaving all that equipment behind. They should've trashed all that stuff. I heard that even left behind Blackhawk helicopters.

No, no credit, just blame. To be honest I was very ambivalent about pulling out but also everything we were still doing in that country after 20 years. Just how do you fix a country like Afghanistan?

Trump or no Trump, I didn't feel good about us pulling out because medieval barbarians were going to eventually take over. Lots of innocent people were going to suffer, especially if they weren't a muslim male aligned with the taliban or something like it. Iran, Pakistan, Russia, and China all want to influence what happens in Afghanistan and the dominant culture there is tribal backwardness mixed with dark ages nonsense. So it was always going to be ugly, it's just a question of how long it took after we left.

All that said Joe Biden is a disaster. He had no plan, and a bunch of false assumptions about Afghanistan and how things work there. He rejected everything Trump tried to set up for our pull out and just ripped the band aid off. Now thousands of Americans and our allies are basically hostages of the taliban. Good job you stupid fuck.

{<huh}

He literally just went forward with Trump's plan, except he gave the military a few more months to prepare. Trump wanted to leave earlier.

People are so pathetically partisan. Trump did a good thing to plan for withdrawal. Biden did a good thing to go through with it.

I'm genuinely curious what Trump supporters think because for years we've heard that Trump has been one of the most peaceful presidents and had a plan to slowly bring troops home. He never truly fulfilled what he said he was going to do but now that Biden is in office a lot of these people are oddly quiet.

I think this is a win for America. The media may bitch about us leaving but the problem was never us leaving, the problems has always been going there in the first place and staying so long. I think no matter what president did this they should deserve some credit but it seems everyone is against Biden on this. Strangely enough, it is the one thing the media finally goes against him on and it is probably the only thing I really like that he's done so far other than child tax credit
Ends yes. Method no

Nice gotcha post. Leave as in, properly and efficiently. This was a 'rug pull' exit, and it's a joke. Both sides admit this.

You literally just said up and leave. Biden actually extended the deadline and gave us more time to prepare. Amazing how you let your shilling for a team inform your politics rather than the opposite.

Well... Maybe if Biden,the Dems, MSM, MIC, etc., hadn't gotten in the way of Trump pulling out, you and the other "what about Trump" posters may have something of substance to say about Trump's Afghanistan pull-out method.

Alas, Biden has the keys and he wrecked the car.

Cant believe grandpa took the shiny Lambo that was our 20 year occupation of Afghanistan and crashed into a wall

Back