• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opinion Trump supporters, do you give credit to Biden for bringing troops home?

He gets credit for pulling out as agreed. He gets a red mark for his handling of the final stage.
that probably came with the territory. You cant openly say you're going to pull out after years of passing the buck and actually mean it.

I'd have to be convinced that there would be a better way

What are you talking about?

Try reading the link.
I'm talking about an order that would have prevented the Taliban's current equipment upgrade.

Also, your post is riduculously hypocritcal when you compare the first and third paragraphs.

that probably came with the territory. You cant openly say you're going to pull out after years of passing the buck and actually mean it.

I'd have to be convinced that there would be a better way
The inoperable F-15s in Iran shows us that there is a better way.

Currently attacking Biden for actually pulling out.

Cope more.

Sleepy Biden is more alpha than Trump
Trump built a wall
Trump walked into NK
Biden pulled troops

all admirable

Trumps wall alone has got to be the most alpha thing to happen in the past 50-70 years.

I find it odd that I heard the trumpers screaming about blowing money in the middle east and to bring the troops home... now for some odd reason they are losing their minds over the Afghanistan issues.
G4TcKJC.png

I also swore I heard them scream about just needing a quick withdrawl.

Honestly what Biden did is best these ´´´slow wind downs´´´never materilize to actually leaving

I'm talking about an order that would have prevented the Taliban's current equipment upgrade.

Also, your post is riduculously hypocritcal when you compare the first and third paragraphs.

He should have but you would probably be complaining that he didn't equip the Afghan army properly if he did that.

Pulling your grotesque swollen dick out of a bees nest after it’s been stung a few thousand times isn’t a big win and the optics aren’t great but it’s nice not to have your dick in there anymore.
Haha, interesting analogy to say the least but yes I more or less agree.

He should have but you would probably be complaining that he didn't equip the Afghan army properly if he did that.
Nope. There was a report warning Biden of the collapse. Looking at the training videos of seen of the Afghan security forces, I'd believe it would be best not to leave the equipment there.

Great decision to withdraw but the military has handled it poorly. It's like Biden gave the order to withdraw and the military was like; Hell yeah, let's get the fuck out of here as fast as we can. Should have been planned better but you can't blame that on Biden, doesn't seem like he should be responsible for the armed services dropping the ball.
I agree with this. I also think we should wait and see what happens and see what information comes out before we can give blame or credit to anyone

How soon does it take to disable equipment if the order is never given to disable equipment? Take your time.
Why would they sabotage ANA equipment?

You act like they took this gear from our troops or something. It's all be captured from the ANA.

Read post above yours.

Yeah I did, did you actually read the article?

"Immediately before the events of last week, the U.S. intelligence community was largely in agreement that the Afghan government could endure for at 90 days at most, providing at least some breathing room for an organized, efficient withdrawal of American boots on the ground. This prediction was already a downgrade from a spring assessment, however, which gave the Afghan regime two years to hold together."

Our own intelligence assessment as of last week was that the ANA would be able to hang on for 90 days. Not literally 2.

How is my post hypocritical? I said that this should not be made into a Biden vs. Trump issue, because both wanted out...and yet there are people trying to lay the messy withdrawal at Biden's feet, as if he could have possibly been personally responsible for how this has played out.

Much of the 'equipment upgrade' is coming from Afghan army abandoning it to the Taliban, is it not?

It would be nice if FOR ONCE we could not be hyper partisan idiots around here. After a 20 year shit show, it should be reasonably clear that this was a failed mission that was going to end in a messy withdrawal, no matter who was in office at what particular time.

"Immediately before the events of last week, the U.S. intelligence community was largely in agreement that the Afghan government could endure for at 90 days at most, providing at least some breathing room for an organized, efficient withdrawal of American boots on the ground.

Here's the problem with that. No they didn't. American intelligence has never thought that. That's the problem with this narrative.

Yes, of course, but its clearly been botched.

Last edited:

"Immediately before the events of last week, the U.S. intelligence community was largely in agreement that the Afghan government could endure for at 90 days at most, providing at least some breathing room for an organized, efficient withdrawal of American boots on the ground. This prediction was already a downgrade from a spring assessment, however, which gave the Afghan regime two years to hold together."

Our own intelligence assessment as of last week was that the ANA would be able to hang on for 90 days. Not literally 2.
If you read it, you would see that the confidence levels of those agencies was not high.

Remember when they voted for trump to end the “WaRz”

?

End the wars? The argument for Trump was always that he didn't start any. Joe Biden has failed Afghanistan and it's people, exposed America has being a weak ineffectual nation on the global scale, and has made America into a joke.

Back