Opinion Trump speech...

You think an angry mob is really that different than a dangerous animal?

Sure, on the one hand it is made up of individuals, each of whom are responsible for their own actions, but on the other hand, it is also a mob-- and angry mobs do what angry mobs do and have always done throughout history.

In a crowd of thousands of tens of thousands of angry people, there is going to be a violent element. It wasn't exactly unforeseeable.

I'm also not arguing that the individuals don't bear responsibility; I'm arguing that the President does ALSO.

Both can be true.

When Trump acted there was no angry mob... There were people gathered for a speech.

When Trump acted there was no angry mob... There were people gathered for a speech.
After weeks of Trump insisting (falsely) that the election was stolen and being told they had to "fight like hell" to take the country back from the "thieves," they weren't angry?

What do you think it was, Woodstock?

Would’ve been great to hear a week ago. Is he ever—EVER—going to acknowledge that Biden is the duly elected president? Or that this election was fair? Doesn’t seem like it.

This speech was lukewarm, and way too little too late.

It’s an act as he’s posted on Telegraph the app that Trump extremists are at now.

Read the bottom of the article:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/abramb...omes-for-angry-conservatives/?sh=302152927eda
President Trump has long maintained a public presence on Telegram through an openly accessible group page, and he has continued posting on Telegram after his expulsions from Facebook and Twitter. While Telegram does offer the president some means of unfettered communication, he finds himself talking only to a diminutive audience, some 500,000 followers. On Twitter and Facebook collectively, he had over 100 million.

Nonetheless, Trump very much remains Trump. He posted new comments to Telegram Tuesday evening, using those remarks to damn companies like Facebook and Twitter. “I think that big tech is doing a horrible thing . . . to our country,” he wrote. “But there’s always a counter move.”

After weeks of Trump insisting (falsely) that the election was stolen and being told they had to "fight like hell" to take the country back from the "thieves," they weren't angry?

Lol it's not like Trump saw the pitchforks ! He just thought he was giving a speech, like any of the speeches given at one of his many, many rallies.

You seem to be implying that Trump had some sort of advance notice that a riot was impending. I haven't seen any evidence to support this.

How could anyone have known this would happen? The capitol police certainly didn't know, or else they would have been prepared and not caught off guard.

You seem to be blaming Trump for not having psychic powers

It’s an act as he’s posted on Telegraph the app that Trump extremists are at now.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/abramb...omes-for-angry-conservatives/?sh=302152927eda
President Trump has long maintained a public presence on Telegram through an openly accessible group page, and he has continued posting on Telegram after his expulsions from Facebook and Twitter. While Telegram does offer the president some means of unfettered communication, he finds himself talking only to a diminutive audience, some 500,000 followers. On Twitter and Facebook collectively, he had over 100 million.

Nonetheless, Trump very much remains Trump. He posted new comments to Telegram Tuesday evening, using those remarks to damn companies like Facebook and Twitter. “I think that big tech is doing a horrible thing . . . to our country,” he wrote. “But there’s always a counter move.”
Remember the good ol days when a President would actually have to answer questions from the press in full public view? It would be nice to have that again.

I think you're falling for fake news. He SAID that at the border wall yesterday.

If I have a dog that could bite, I get him whipped into a frenzy, I take him for a walk around the block while announcing, "This is a peaceful walk," and he bites somebody, am I not responsible?

Are Democrats responsible for the riots in the summer?

Best speech of his Presidency, easily. It's too bad he wasn't like that the whole time, imo.

these people are warped beyond comprehension. They actually believe a “stop the steal” rally, backed by the constant stream of the president and his cronies saying “it was stolen” had nothing to do with what happened at the nations capital.

Imagine being in politics and having to work with people like this every single day or your life.

What a fucking coward Trump is. LMFAO that guy truly couldn't be more of an embarrassment to this country if he tried... He's got a few days left I guess (if Pelosi doesn't run him off sooner).

Too little too late scumbag. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Seeing some posts elsewhere there are some who are pretty pissed about this speech. He jad his followers get behind him for certain victory then threw them under the bus to save his bacon. He's not going to have many allies after this.

I think you're falling for fake news. He SAID that at the border wall yesterday.

Trump repeats himself. Why would it be implausible for him to repeat himself on Telegraph? He does it on Twitter. He repeats himself because I suspect he has mastered repetition is highly effective. Have you checked Telegraph?

Trump is trying to be cool now since the impeachment happened and hes on double secret probation .

Back