Opinion Trump speech...

My god, the bar is so low for Trump. It's genius, really. Act like an unhinged, barely literate douchebag 96% of the time and people will be really impressed the 4% of the time you don't act completely retarded.

The art of building low expectations.

My god, the bar is so low for Trump. It's genius, really. Act like an unhinged, barely literate douchebag 96% of the time and people will be really impressed the 4% of the time you don't act completely retarded.

The art of building low expectations.

He didn't even call for insurrection once!

Outrageous, he is promoting violence, what will it take for you deniers to recognize his violent Hitler like agenda?

It’s only 5 minutes long , watch it and be horrified..

Reading off a teleprompter lol.

Reading off a teleprompter lol.
It’s not how he likes to do it but he did it well. Ill give him props for the content especially the first half. It was a very dignified and articulate “ That was a bad thing. They shouldn’t have done that.”
Unfortunately I have a hard time believing anything he says but I still give him an A for effort.

Lol it's not like Trump saw the pitchforks ! He just thought he was giving a speech, like any of the speeches given at one of his many, many rallies.

You seem to be implying that Trump had some sort of advance notice that a riot was impending. I haven't seen any evidence to support this.

How could anyone have known this would happen? The capitol police certainly didn't know, or else they would have been prepared and not caught off guard.

You seem to be blaming Trump for not having psychic powers
Once again, it does not require psychic powers to foresee that directing an angry mob to surround the Capitol building was not a good idea.

Too little, too late. Where was he during the hours his supporters were trashing the Capitol building? Oh, yeah, watching the news coverage on Fox and using the distraction to call Republican senators asking for objections to states' electoral votes instead of trying to bring calm to the situation like a good leader.

While we're on the topic, why didn't he go to the Capitol with his supporters like he said in his speech leading up to the riot? Maybe because he knew chaos was about to ensue?

Actually, the antifa led coalition was storming the Capitol WHILE he was giving his speech. When he found out, he condemned it.

Actually, the antifa led coalition was storming the Capitol WHILE he was giving his speech. When he found out, he condemned it.

images

What makes me a "trumper"?
In the war room it just means you use logic and reason and aren’t brainwashed and demoralized.

It has nothing to do with Trump. It’s just the angry children engaging in fascism by categorizing anyone that isn’t part of the Dem Reich as an enemy.

Lol it's not like Trump saw the pitchforks ! He just thought he was giving a speech, like any of the speeches given at one of his many, many rallies.

You seem to be implying that Trump had some sort of advance notice that a riot was impending. I haven't seen any evidence to support this.

How could anyone have known this would happen? The capitol police certainly didn't know, or else they would have been prepared and not caught off guard.

You seem to be blaming Trump for not having psychic powers

We do have evidence. He said to go towards the Capitol building and only use of strength can you take what’s yours. He said he would go with them but as usual he went back to the White House and watched the carnage unfold and he didn’t understand why aides were probably appalled. He was happy watching the carnage. This was reported by Republican Sasse. It’s not like insiders haven’t leaked information in every administration.

John Kelly was interviewed about the breach and he said he told Trump he needs to replace him not with a yes man or he will be impeached. He was very forthright in his answers.

McMaster also resigned as well as Mattis. I remember Trump supporters were elated Mattis was selected but as soon as all these conservative or perceived cabinet members resigned, Trump supporters all turned on these men. What’s wrong with this picture?

In the war room it just means you use logic and reason and aren’t brainwashed and demoralized.

It has nothing to do with Trump. It’s just the angry children engaging in fascism by categorizing anyone that isn’t part of the Dem Reich as an enemy.

I wonder what it says about a guy who doesn't even know fascism is a specifically right wing ideology or political tool, and yet still calls democrats nazis (something the right always says the left is guilty of) off hand.......

people are too far gone and tone deaf, orange man bad and it doesn't matter. we live in clown world... don't have to read a single post itt as it's beyond predictable... how dare he support America and what it stands for!

This was a speech whose entire subtext was "Please, for the love of god republicans, do not convict me in the Senate!"
Precisely. And I hope that the Senate republicans—who went through this ordeal at the Capitol—have a lot more of a spine to do what’s right than their counterparts in the House. I won’t hold my breath though.

We do have evidence. He said to go towards the Capitol building and only use of strength can you take what’s yours. He said he would go with them but as usual he went back to the White House and watched the carnage unfold and he didn’t understand why aides were probably appalled. He was happy watching the carnage. This was reported by Republican Sasse. It’s not like insiders haven’t leaked information in every administration.

John Kelly was interviewed about the breach and he said he told Trump he needs to replace him not with a yes man or he will be impeached. He was very forthright in his answers.

McMaster also resigned as well as Mattis. I remember Trump supporters were elated Mattis was selected but as soon as all these conservative or perceived cabinet members resigned, Trump supporters all turned on these men. What’s wrong with this picture?

That's not evidence he knew in advance... Or evidence that he did anything illegal or even impeachable.

If people knew that his rhetoric was leading to violence, the capitol police would have been prepared. Clearly it was a surprise to people..

This is political payback by the Dems. I'm not saying Trump is a nice guy and doesn't deserve to lose his influence, but he clearly can't be held responsible for other peoples actions here. This is just a PR nightmare which Dems are taking full advantage of.

Back