Opinion Trump speech...

He certainly did not think he was just giving a speech. This is not an isolated event, but rather was one of a series.
There were plenty of issues with Trump’s behavior in the last election. In this one, he was first impeached for soliciting foreign election favors from Zelensky, then attacked the mail in voting before the election, demanded that we must know the winner on election night (when he knew he’d likely have a better showing than Biden), then rather than conceding when the election was called he attacked the entire process and attempted to undermine it, peddled numerous lies and conspiracy theories, spammed the courts with frivolous lawsuits, then attempted to get state legislatures to violate the Constitution and somehow select their own electors, then try and coerce the GA Sec of State to commit election fraud on his behalf, then tried to coerce the VP to violate the Constitution and reject the EC’s votes, and THEN—

When all of that failed, he targeted the Senate on the date and time that they’d be counting the electoral votes. His language, the language of the speakers at his rally, the language of his attorney, and the language of his family was clear: a call for violence at the Capitol to try and overturn the election. There’s never been an act (or series of acts) done by any President in our history more clearly impeachable than this awful shit.

It’s disappointing people think Trump cares about Republican or Conservative values. Or they back him because they think he will follow through with his nationalist, isolationist views when maybe he does but has little interest in doing the hard work of developing an Industrial policy, foreign policy, etc. Where was the infrastructure bill? Taliban is now busy assassinating journalists, judges etc,

Not necessarily his fault as he ran out getting troops out of Afghanistan just like Obama pulled out of Iraq and nearly lost Iraq to insurgents and had to sign off on a surge.

You made a claim and didn’t offer a source at all. It’s not up to me to research your statements.
My inquiry was valid..

Then your rebuttal was where was my source? Talk about childishness. Go watch the inauguration.

Lol... I don't get why the fallout is so big on this.

Trump and his fellow speakers didn't tell anyone to do anything except peacefully protest. Closest thing was Rudy calling for trial by combat, but I don't think he meant to be taken literally.

Can't people make the obvious linkage that it was a protest that turned into a riot, which can easily happen given the right conditions, and the rioters acted with free will to do the things they did? Trump in no way promoted these actions beforehand, so how can he be held responsible?

I guess the answer is that liberal media and politicians are having a field day with this and trying to milk it for all it's worth.

I will continue to view the event as yes a harbinger of the emergence of a fascist movement in the US if nothing is done to address [economic] root causes, but ultimately inconsequential.
Reddit has /s. What does Sherdog use?

this is what trumpers think it looks like
giphy.gif

this is what they actually look like
trumpq1.jpg

nice zip tied flag to a friggin spear...
_116410875_angeli2-gettyimages-1294935359-1.jpg

Now can you be honest and show us what the far left looks like? I’ve seen videos of them barking like dogs <45>

It’s disappointing people think Trump cares about Republican or Conservative values. Or they back him because they think he will follow through with his nationalist, isolationist views when maybe he does but has little interest in doing the hard work of developing an Industrial policy, foreign policy, etc. Where was the infrastructure bill? Taliban is now busy assassinating journalists, judges etc,

Not necessarily his fault as he ran out getting troops out of Afghanistan just like Obama pulled out of Iraq and nearly lost Iraq to insurgents and had to sign off on a surge.
He never really did care for the work of developing those policies. It’s one thing to dislike Biden’s plans (or Hillary’s), but at least they had some. Trump ran in 2016 by saying he’d build an impossible wall and then may another country pay for it somehow, bring overseas jobs back but wouldn’t say how, promised an incredible infrastructure plan but wouldn’t say what it would entail/cost/who would pay for it, promised healthcare with no mandate but that would still cover pre-existing conditions but wouldn’t explain how that was possible..
All a bunch of nonsense sprinkled with buzzwords to please his base.

That’s rationalization on your part. Then why all rioters being charged? You can’t claim ignorance of a law like bringing in a handgun into Japan or bring drugs into Thailand and think you can claim ignorance.

Why is it payback by the Democrats? Republican Senators and House Representatives like Cheney and Murkowksi wanted Trump impeached for creating a mob where he said he would go with them to the Capitol building but of course he went back to the White House to watch it unfold and took delight according to White House aides who were horrified. Why did you think McConnell said Trump was guilty of what he did along with his allies? Is that McConnell’s paypack? Because he hedged his bets until Trump tucked tail with his speeches that he acknowledged Biden is the President and denounced the violence but of course took no responsibility which would be an admission of guilt.

Republican congress representatives are being assailed by their own fellow Republicans. Trump wants to a cult of personality not a Republican who wants to somehow drain the swamp. Jared and his daughter were busy selling access to Trump to Chinese investors in a Chinese condominium tower. She also received patent approval in China. You can sell or be successful in China without connections.

He signed an ethics bill preventing his political appointees from making money and joked during the signing that anyone that wants to quit should do it now. He actually got rid of this ethics bill. Partisans love to mimic Trump with a response of fake news but NPR actually reported this and noted President Clinton also did the same thing with criticism.

At least he did wish Biden success and luck and reportedly a White House staff did say Trump left a note to Biden.

What r u talking about my dude.. what do rioters getting charged have to do with the issues I raised about Trump not knowing it would occur in advance?

It's payback for basically getting elected... call it whatever you want. It's an unfortunate event but the linkage to Trump himself is tenuous in terms of primary accountability.

Your post reads like a long rambling incoherent nothing.

Now can you be honest and show us what the far left looks like? I’ve seen videos of them barking like dogs <45>
pretty sure theres plenty of people who do that daily
no one ever said there wasnt crazy people on the fringes of both groups ... btw im registered republican and im hoping biden will work with Mcconnel to get shit done instead of petty left vs right ...

how about you ??

Back