Elections Trump challenges Biden to a debate

He's not going to debate any of the GOP or even really mention them much (95% of the primary speeches have been about Biden) because there isn't a race, Trump is the candidate and has been the whole time.

I wouldn't even waste my time debating someone (Nikki) whose only chance of winning is praying and fantasizing that you either die or get arrested. Waste of time.
Debates are not simply intended to be to decide a winner and loser. They give the public (voters) the chance to see the candidates in a live setting as opposed to controlled and contrived speeches. A big part of why he should be debating them is to show the claims of his cognitive decline is a myth. These are not claims made by the Democrats alone but by Republicans including Ron DeSantis & even conservative Megyn Kelly—who interviewed Trump one on one in September—recently stated on Glenn Beck’s radio show that “there’s no question that Trump has lost a step or multiple steps,” Good article written about that exact topic.

Debates are not simply intended to be to decide a winner and loser. They give the public (voters) the chance to see the candidates in a live setting as opposed to controlled and contrived speeches. A big part of why he should be debating them is to show the claims of his cognitive decline is a myth. These are not claims made by the Democrats alone but by Republicans including Ron DeSantis & even conservative Megyn Kelly—who interviewed Trump one on one in September—recently stated on Glenn Beck’s radio show that “there’s no question that Trump has lost a step or multiple steps,” Good article written about that exact topic.
The debate would in the grand scheme of things offer no realistic benefit for him so he's not going to take the risk. Haley and the media are crying because they want him to risk it for no reason (he's on pace to win the primary in historic fashion) and he's of course refusing and focusing most of his attention on the November election.

All he has to do is talk about Biden, ignore the other candidates (most have already pulled out/endorsed him) and he's still on pace to win the primary by a record amount for a non-incumbent. Haley chose to do the Nevada primary today instead of the caucus (primary was her and Pence) and she literally lost to the option "none of these candidates." Like I said even giving her a platform to debate you or whine about you is a waste of time. They're pissed because he's not taking the risk and he's basically acting like these other candidates don't even exist which is even more of an insult (essentially, you're so unessential that I'm not even going to waste significant time on you)

Typical Trump bluster. There is a reason Trump is ducking Haley and ducked the GOP debate. Trump handlers are afraid he will go on a 10 minute about Obama being President and Haley being Pelosi.

Nikki Haley would tear him to shreds like a lioness in the wild, just on facts and logic. If she wasn't so afraid to offend his maga nuts she could poke & prod him into off-the-wall unhinged behaviour with his onion-thin skin. Hell, I'd even get Jimmy Kimmell's team to drop me a little material to sprinkle on that orange turd.

The debate would in the grand scheme of things offer no realistic benefit for him so he's not going to take the risk. Haley and the media are crying because they want him to risk it for no reason (he's on pace to win the primary in historic fashion) and he's of course refusing and focusing most of his attention on the November election.

All he has to do is talk about Biden, ignore the other candidates (most have already pulled out/endorsed him) and he's still on pace to win the primary by a record amount for a non-incumbent. Haley chose to do the Nevada primary today instead of the caucus (primary was her and Pence) and she literally lost to the option "none of these candidates." Like I said even giving her a platform to debate you or whine about you is a waste of time. They're pissed because he's not taking the risk and he's basically acting like these other candidates don't even exist which is even more of an insult (essentially, you're so unessential that I'm not even going to waste significant time on you)
I know what he is doing. I am more wondering why Americans don't hold their candidates to any standard on either side. You vote for Party X and just as much against Party Y because that's what you/your family always vote. Devout Christians that are devout Republican would vote for Satan if he were running as the Republican against Jesus running for the democrats. Same for the Democrats in reverse. I am not exaggerating, I posed this scenario to a diverse table full of Americans from across the US playing poker in Vegas. They looked at each other and unanimously said that is true.

I dunno, it could be a slam dunk for Trump IF he can contain himself and let Biden make himself look bad - last time, there was no real possibility of either side gaining new voters. This time, Trump coming off mentally sound and less trolling to a clearly indisposed candidate in Biden, could gain him substantial votes. But we know Trump can't contain himself.
It's crazy to me that anyone can't see that Biden is way sharper than Trump. Partisanship is like a learning disability.

Doesn't anyone remember 2020? Trump was trying to push the same line, and then the debates actually happened, and Biden humiliated him, leading him to accuse Biden of juicing and then to bail on the second one.

Your thinly veiled insult aside, which I don't see a need for since I wasn't addressing you, I don't agree.
You're addressing the group with all the posts, no?

Like I said, just sounds nuts. Recent Trump quote:

Which is incapable of solvin’ even the sollest… smallest problem. The simplest of problems we can no longer solve. We are an institute in a powerful death penalty. We will put this on.

That's not like a slip of the tongue. The guy is totally mush. Here's him in 2020 talking to Hannity:
Hannity: What is — what are your top priority items for a second term?
Trump: Well, one of the things that will be really great. You know, the word "experience" is still good. I always say talent is more important than experience. I’ve always said that. But the word "experience" is a very important word. It’s an — a very important meaning. I never did this before. I never slept over in Washington. I was in Washington, I think, 17 times. All of a sudden I’m president of the United States. You know the story of riding down Pennsylvania Avenue with our first lady and I say, "This is great," but I didn’t know very many people in Washington. It wasn’t my thing. I was from Manhattan, from New York.

You're addressing the group with all the posts, no?
I'm not addressing anyone or accusing anyone of partisanship. I'm just giving my perspective on the benefits I see for Trump if he could contain himself in a debate with Biden. But I don't see him containing himself OR debating Biden for that matter.

I'm not addressing anyone or accusing anyone of partisanship. I'm just giving my perspective on the benefits I see for Trump if he could contain himself in a debate with Biden. But I don't see him containing himself OR debating Biden for that matter.
The issue is that Biden is a real president, who was qualified for the job and knows stuff about policy and follows the news, while Trump is a doddering bullshitter who doesn't even care about anything except his own wealth and getting attention. You could see the difference in 2020, when Republican hacks were trying the same attack on Biden that they are now, and it totally blew up in their faces.

The issue is that Biden is a real president, who was qualified for the job and knows stuff about policy and follows the news, while Trump is a doddering bullshitter who doesn't even care about anything except his own wealth and getting attention. You could see the difference in 2020, when Republican hacks were trying the same attack on Biden that they are now, and it totally blew up in their faces.
I'm not here to discuss that with you, at least not in this thread. I made a purely observational post about how I would see things going down if they were to debate NOW. That's all. No partisanship, no insults, no personal attacks. Just mine own observation.

I'm not here to discuss that with you, at least not in this thread. I made a purely observational post about how I would see things going down if they were to debate NOW. That's all. No partisanship, no insults, no personal attacks. Just mine own observation.
Why would it be any different? If anything, Trump has gone further downhill since 2020, while Biden has a terrific record in office.

Trump, the guy lost his last debate so badly to Biden that he has ducked and dodged every debate since, wants to debate Biden? He needs to make it through the primary process first. The man is so scared to debate Nikki Haley. The big tough manly Trump, who is on a steep cognitive decline, has been scared of every debate since Biden curbstomped him the last time.

<{Heymansnicker}>

Yeah. You see the one where he said he had a random conversation with a long dead French president?

That one was definitely out of context.
OMG, he said one name when he meant another! That's totally worse than constantly getting lost in his own sentences like Trump.

If you saw the whole comment, why did you post the abbreviated one? Do you feel any moral obligation to tell the truth even if lying benefits your party?

OMG, he said one name when he meant another! That's totally worse than constantly getting lost in his own sentences like Trump.

If you saw the whole comment, why did you post the abbreviated one? Do you feel any moral obligation to tell the truth even if lying benefits your party?
I finished it with a punctuation.

I once again ask what party you are referring to?

Yeah. You see the one where he said he had a random conversation with a long dead French president?

That one was definitely out of context.
Did you see all the times Trump got names wrong, Bigly.

<TheDonald>

Back