True or False: Conor fights any guy on short notice only because he's paid 10+ mil

Yeah, he would probably get rekt by DC. He still offered to fight him. Back to your shitty life in Russia now, Igor.

Offering to fight someone doesn't count as an offer to fight someone when the guy offering to fight someone knows for a fact that there is 0% chance of that fight being made.

Why do you take on Conors persona when writing?

I highly doubt more than 3 people know me on sherdog

Pretty pathetic that some people here fantasise about being an insecure attention whore midget huh

Ayyyyy lmao, the Conor haters out in full force tonight.

Brandao and Brimage were both short notice if I remember correctly and that was well before he was getting paid the millions he is now.

He also took a bunch of short notice fights in his previous organization. Beat it, nerds.

I don't remember Brimage being short notice. Brandao was the replacement, not Conor. C'mon now.

who would not ,
you dont need to be mma fighter to do so

All the guys I listed were claiming to be training and in better shape than Nate. I can't remember the number of weeks and not going to spend the time digging them up. If you're honest with yourself, you will google this topic and see that I'm right.

I'd take your word for it. But just because they were claiming to doesn't mean they were training or in better shape. Like I said, Cerrone had only come off a fight, so he seemed the logical choice. Don't forget Rogan and Dana mentioned Diaz had being training to do a Triathlon. Does that mean they were telling the truth? Of course not.

It's a big money fight for them, so they're going to say they've done X amount of training just to put their name forward. Even Aldo was asked and turned it down - despite his, 'anytime, anywhere' post despite possibly putting his health at more risk fighting so soon after being KO'd.

Conor and Diaz were linked with fighting one another at 189 - so I think it was always likely they'd get matched up. The popular choice was Diaz over Cerrone and again, nobody forced him to take the fight. People forget that is was set for 155 and Diaz said no bueno. Dana could have easily said 'fuck this' and given the fight to Cerrone.

There is some truth that Conor stayed on the card because he gets well paid, but he still risked his title shot - when most fighters would have sat out and it's MMA where anything can happen. I know people like to do the revisionism of Diaz being on a yacht and drinking shots just prior to that - there's no doubt that he wasn't ideally prepared - but when he done the post fight interview he talked about training at least 2 hours a day and doing some form of Martial Art.

I get that a lot of fans who just don't like Conor or are Aldo fans twist the story that Diaz was dragged off a yacht and was still half pissed while taking the fight. We found out that Diaz' cardio is freakishly good despite the lack of prep' But we wouldn't have found that out if it was a FN card and he was asked to fill in.

I'd take your word for it. But just because they were claiming to doesn't mean they were training or in better shape. Like I said, Cerrone had only come off a fight, so he seemed the logical choice. Don't forget Rogan and Dana mentioned Diaz had being training to do a Triathlon. Does that mean they were telling the truth? Of course not.

It's a big money fight for them, so they're going to say they've done X amount of training just to put their name forward. Even Aldo was asked and turned it down - despite his, 'anytime, anywhere' post despite possibly putting his health at more risk fighting so soon after being KO'd.

Conor and Diaz were linked with fighting one another at 189 - so I think it was always likely they'd get matched up. The popular choice was Diaz over Cerrone and again, nobody forced him to take the fight. People forget that is was set for 155 and Diaz said no bueno. Dana could have easily said 'fuck this' and given the fight to Cerrone.

There is some truth that Conor stayed on the card because he gets well paid, but he still risked his title shot - when most fighters would have sat out and it's MMA where anything can happen. I know people like to do the revisionism of Diaz being on a yacht and drinking shots just prior to that - there's no doubt that he wasn't ideally prepared - but when he done the post fight interview he talked about training at least 2 hours a day and doing some form of Martial Art.

I get that a lot of fans who just don't like Conor or are Aldo fans twist the story that Diaz was dragged off a yacht and was still half pissed while taking the fight. We found out that Diaz' cardio is freakishly good despite the lack of prep' But we wouldn't have found that out if it was a FN card and he was asked to fill in.

You make a lot of good points. As I see it though, Nate was the least ready fighter, simply because the essence of the Cabo story is true (even if he was hitting mitts on vacation): there are pics of him on Instagram or one of these SN sites on the boat around that time. Other fighters might have been playing up their readiness to get that money, no doubt.

Tell me when Conor fights on 2 weeks notice without a training camp.

Conor is just taking advantage of getting easy wins against out of shape guys....sadly for him, Diaz out of shape destroyed him.

It has nothing to do with Conor being stunning and brave.

Inb4 ppl bring up Jon Jones....just because Jones dodged chael doesn't mean Conor is brave.

The money for a short notice fight is great, but Conor has more to lose than anyone so he still deserves a lot of credit.

Last edited:
Anything and everything Conor does is bad. His wins at FW? Overrated. Knocking out Mendes? Two weeks notice. Knocking out Aldo? Fluke. Taking a last minute change of opponent at a weight class he never fought at? Was for the money.

I get it, Conor fans can be annoying but you guys don't need to be worse out of spite.

It's pretty ridiculous the amount of conditioning it takes leading up to a fight to be able to go strong all 3 rounds let alone 5. Chad couldn't do it, especially not with a wrestling heavy game plan. I think Bisping would have slowed down a lot in rounds 4 or 5 against Rockhold. Nate was cruising and the fight ended only in the second round. I can't imagine anyone, not even the fellows at TAM who claim to be in shape all year round to be in the condition for peak performance all the time.

The secret to fighting a someone in worse conditioning is to drag out the fight longer. So yes, Conor fighting a guy on short notice while he had a full camp is highly advantageous for him.

It's pretty ridiculous the amount of conditioning it takes leading up to a fight to be able to go strong all 3 rounds let alone 5. Chad couldn't do it, especially not with a wrestling heavy game plan. I think Bisping would have slowed down a lot in rounds 4 or 5 against Rockhold. Nate was cruising and the fight ended only in the second round. I can't imagine anyone, not even the fellows at TAM who claim to be in shape all year round to be in the condition for peak performance all the time.

The secret to fighting a someone in worse conditioning is to drag out the fight longer. So yes, Conor fighting a guy on short notice while he had a full camp is highly advantageous for him.
Chad is a cheat who got beat up and knocked out.

Silva is so brave for getting off his couch to make all that money at UFC 200

Conor doesn't accept short notice fights, he only accepts change of opponents. There is a huge difference between the two.

How would anything else be possible when you are doing training camps back to back and constantly got a new opponent to be preparing for?

That is simply describing the life of a martial artist, what, are you trying to give guys credit for going on off seasons? Whatever man, if that's needed they're probably overdoing the camps and blowing their wad before the fights.

I'd step in on short notice to fight for 10 mill

He definitely has good incentive to fight, let's just put it that way. All the other semantics don't even really mean anything when you focus on the compensation. And for the most part, it's what motivates all of us.
Right on Sarge

Are you really an NCO BTW, always have wondered if there is any truth to your user name.

He takes short notice opponents because he's a beast and confident in himself.
Are you implying that he takes fights to lose for money? That logic is flawed as his value would depreciate greatly if he were just taking fights for the money and losing.
Conor is a beast. Get over it.

You make a lot of good points. As I see it though, Nate was the least ready fighter, simply because the essence of the Cabo story is true (even if he was hitting mitts on vacation): there are pics of him on Instagram or one of these SN sites on the boat around that time. Other fighters might have been playing up their readiness to get that money, no doubt.

I don't doubt he was on holiday. As soon as Dana and Rogan said he was training for a Triathlon and Diaz mentioning his lack of prep' I thought Cerrone should have got the fight. But if the Diaz fight makes more money, they were going to make that fight.

I remember Dunham and Gamburyan Tweeting out asking for the fight - no harm in asking, but the chances of them getting it were slim to none. I think it's a bit disingenuous to say that Conor hand picks opponents - before that 6 of his original opponents in 12 fights pulled out. And he asked for the rematch with Diaz. Offered and sent out a false Tweet saying he would fight Sanchez when the UFC first went to Mexico and offered to fight Poirier when Duffy pulled out - though that was never going to happen. It's not like he's doing anything new or original and the term 'true fighter' is almost as irritating as the 'A Level Athlete' debate. But some fighters like to keep active, while others don't. Doesn't mean they're any less of a fighter than those who stay active.

But look, you can't take anything away from Diaz, but guys have come in on shorter notice and won. It's that unpredictability factor that makes MMA so interesting.

Back