True or False: Conor fights any guy on short notice only because he's paid 10+ mil

John Wick

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The narrative so far is that Conor is a real fighter because he fights guys anywhere, anytime, at any weight class. That's bull shit and circumstantial in my opinion. I'm sure a lot of guys on the roster if they were on PPV points and get paid 10+ million would be as "tough" as Conor too.

The narrative so far is that Conor is a real fighter because he fights guys anywhere, anytime, at any weight class. I'm sure a lot of guys on the roster if they were on PPV points and get paid 10+ million would do the same.

And because it's a huge advantage to come off an intensive championship 8-12 week training camp to face a guy who was sitting in a beanbag eating Cheetos a week earlier.

Dont listen to the McGoat apologists - the advantage is always with the fully fit fighter in that scenario. Fight camps are very expensive, if a guy could be in optimum shape after a week or two, then fight camps would only be 1-2 weeks, not 8-12.

Ayyyyy lmao, the Conor haters out in full force tonight.

Brandao and Brimage were both short notice if I remember correctly and that was well before he was getting paid the millions he is now.

He also took a bunch of short notice fights in his previous organization. Beat it, nerds.

Conor doesn't accept short notice fights, he only accepts change of opponents. There is a huge difference between the two.

Conor said that he doesn't train for specificy opponents because they always pull out of the fights with him.

So yes, they all duck Conor.

If there is anything good about Nate is that he won't pussy out and will fight Conor, unlike everyone else.

Lots of guys sitting out waiting on title shots. Guys like Jon Jones ducking Chael Sonnen of all people on short notice.

Conor doesn't accept short notice fights, he only accepts change of opponents. There is a huge difference between the two.
He has asked to fight on short notice. Not his fault they didnt offer them.

When? he definitely isn't taking a short notice fight at 145
He offered to fight Poirier on the Dublin card. He offered to fight fucking Daniel Cormier when JBJ tested positive.

inb4 "he only said that to seem brave".

Beat it, nerds. Conor could do literally anything and you bums would find a way to talk shit about him.

And because it's a huge advantage to come off an intensive championship 8-12 week training camp to face a guy who was sitting in a beanbag eating Cheetos a week earlier.

Dont listen to the McGoat apologists - the advantage is always with the fully fit fighter in that scenario. Fight camps are very expensive, if a guy could be in optimum shape after a week or two, then fight camps would only be 1-2 weeks, not 8-12.
OMG I ACTUALLY AGREE WITH KELMAN ON SOMETHING.

The narrative so far is that Conor is a real fighter because he fights guys anywhere, anytime, at any weight class. That's bull shit and circumstantial in my opinion. I'm sure a lot of guys on the roster if they were on PPV points and get paid 10+ million would be as "tough" as Conor too.
Jon Jones gets paid a lot but he had no problem running away from Chael Sonnen of all people.

Well what difference does it make why he accepts the fight?

Back