True or False: Conor fights any guy on short notice only because he's paid 10+ mil

When? he definitely isn't taking a short notice fight at 145
You know Conor McGregor was waiting, cell phone in hand, to pipe up when Joseph Duffywas scratched from Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 76 due to a concussion.

McGregor, the interim UFC featherweight champ, didn’t disappoint. Shortly after the news broke of the scrapped main event, he offered to save it by rematching Dustin Poirier (18-4 MMA, 10-3 UFC), his former opponent and Duffy’s (14-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC) scheduled matchup.

No PPV points on a fight night card either and he was waiting on Aldo to show up and get ktfo

Conor doesn't accept short notice fights, he only accepts change of opponents. There is a huge difference between the two.

I can remember many, many threads hundreds of posts long about why it would be stupid for Jon Jones to accept a last minute change of opponent from Hendo to Chael, because it put him at an unnecessary disadvantage. I'm not saying that those arguing thus were right, but until Conor was involved in the discussion, a great many fans seemed to think a last minute change was a risky thing for a fighter to accept.

I agree that there is a big difference between a short notice fight and last minute change of opponent. Short notice is harder, but opponent change is sub-optimal as well to the extent that game-planning and tailoring your training to a specific opponent are helpful.

Conor McGregor exemplifies a lot of things I detest: braggadocio, poor sportsmanship, unrealistic positive thinking leading to artificial confidence, crass materialism. But the guy actually fights. And in the modern UFC, that's not something to look down on.

He offered to fight Poirier on the Dublin card. He offered to fight fucking Daniel Cormier when JBJ tested positive.

inb4 "he only said that to seem brave".

Beat it, nerds. Conor could do literally anything and you bums would find a way to talk shit about him.

<6>Jesus dude calm the fuck down it was was a legit question lol, and if you want to get technical the Dublin card was about a month before UFC 194 everyone including him knew they weren't scarping a title fight just so he could fight someone he already beat in his hometown lol

Honest to shit.

You fucking pay me just one million dollars. I'll fight any fucker on this planet.

That doesn't make me special, or brave. It makes me Mo-Nay !

<6>Jesus dude calm the fuck down it was was a legit question lol, and if you want to get technical the Dublin card was about a month before UFC 194 everyone including him knew they weren't scarping a title fight just so he could fight someone he already beat in his hometown lol
I am calm. I've heard multiple people say that.

Also, he wasn't expecting them to scrap the title fight.

Man 2016 is like the polar opposite of 2015. Instead of the nerds living vicariously through Conor's momentum making asinine threads, it's the nerds living vicariously through his deceleration making them.

You know Conor McGregor was waiting, cell phone in hand, to pipe up when Joseph Duffywas scratched from Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 76 due to a concussion.

McGregor, the interim UFC featherweight champ, didn’t disappoint. Shortly after the news broke of the scrapped main event, he offered to save it by rematching Dustin Poirier (18-4 MMA, 10-3 UFC), his former opponent and Duffy’s (14-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC) scheduled matchup.

He was in camp for title fight that took place a little over a month after FN 76 lol He was never going to be allowed to fill in and he knew that

He definitely has good incentive to fight, let's just put it that way. All the other semantics don't even really mean anything when you focus on the compensation. And for the most part, it's what motivates all of us.

I am calm. I've heard multiple people say that.

Also, he wasn't expecting them to scrap the title fight.

Exactly he knew that, we knew that, everyone knew that. He was never going to be allowed to fight on that dublin card

Exactly he knew that, we knew that, everyone knew that. He was never going to be allowed to fight on that dublin card
It's not his fault that they wouldn't allow it. He has offered many times.

BREAKING: TOP PRIZE FIGHTER FIGHTS WHEN GUARANTEED TOP PRIZE

Last edited:
He offered to fight Poirier on the Dublin card. He offered to fight fucking Daniel Cormier when JBJ tested positive.

inb4 "he only said that to seem brave".

Beat it, nerds. Conor could do literally anything and you bums would find a way to talk shit about him.

Lol quit throating Conor ao badly. The fucking guy would get annihilated very badly against Cormier. Hilarious you a really believe he would've fought him. You Conor fangirls are something else.

Lol quit throating Conor ao badly. The fucking guy would get annihilated very badly against Cormier. Hilarious you a really believe he would've fought him. You Conor fangirls are something else.
Yeah, he would probably get rekt by DC. He still offered to fight him. Back to your shitty life in Russia now, Igor.

And because it's a huge advantage to come off an intensive championship 8-12 week training camp to face a guy who was sitting in a beanbag eating Cheetos a week earlier.

Dont listen to the McGoat apologists - the advantage is always with the fully fit fighter in that scenario. Fight camps are very expensive, if a guy could be in optimum shape after a week or two, then fight camps would only be 1-2 weeks, not 8-12.
This is pretty much obvious to all but the dumbest McTapper nutters

Conor haters reach more than conor huggers thats saying a lot.

I gotta give Conor this, he is in a league of his own. I'm not a fan of him not defending his title, but at the same time he wants to fight the guy that just beat him up, and is a from a higher weight class. Money doesn't come into it, because Conor is getting paid big no matter who he fights. I give him props for going after Diaz again, but after this, defend your belt or have it stripped.

Back