True or False: Conor fights any guy on short notice only because he's paid 10+ mil

Well what difference does it make why he accepts the fight?
I remember at my first job at a small town grocery store sometimes I would hear customers say in a condescending tone, "this store only gives out coupons bc they get a tax break for it" or something like that. & it taught me people will find a way to bitch about anything. Like this right here. Conor gives us good things, but everyone still bitches.

that's bullshit he ducked Frankie and hasn't defended his belt.

Conor fights anyone on short notice, because

1. 1/2 the time it's because his opponent is the one filling him the spot for his original opponent and therefore have 7 days camp compared to a full camp Conor.

2. the ufc filters and let conor hand pick the possible opponents.. you think the ufc just throws him whoever?

I don't give a fook!

I know you and I hate you. LEL

mcgregor-diaz-getty-ftr-030516jpg_1l105d2hoi4kd121my11xeox19.jpg

Hey pussy are you still there?

I see stiffness.... If this were a few centuries earlier Conor would have died that night.

Last edited:
No shit. These guys aren't fighting out of the goodness of their hearts to entertain savages like us.

Ayyyyy lmao, the Conor haters out in full force tonight.

Brandao and Brimage were both short notice if I remember correctly and that was well before he was getting paid the millions he is now.

He also took a bunch of short notice fights in his previous organization. Beat it, nerds.

That font size and colour is known as the "please give me attention because no one validates me in real life"

No shit. These guys aren't fighting out of the goodness of their hearts to entertain savages like us.

You, Mr. Breaking News Yellow Font, and Mr. Look at me Green Font missed the point of this thread.

He's always said he's in the business just to make quick money and retire early, he said that shortly after joining the UFC.

The narrative so far is that Conor is a real fighter because he fights guys anywhere, anytime, at any weight class. That's bull shit and circumstantial in my opinion. I'm sure a lot of guys on the roster if they were on PPV points and get paid 10+ million would be as "tough" as Conor too.

Also because he wasnt actually the guy taking the fight on short notice, it was Nate!! He accepted the change in opponent, thats a different thing. The 10 million + is a good reason for anyone to take on anyone anyday, but it wasnt for a belt anyway, which might make the decision a way easier too, that and the huge payday.

The narrative so far is that Conor is a real fighter because he fights guys anywhere, anytime, at any weight class. That's bull shit and circumstantial in my opinion. I'm sure a lot of guys on the roster if they were on PPV points and get paid 10+ million would be as "tough" as Conor too.
nah, I like Jones a lot, but he was in a similar position and didn't take on all comers.

Anderson Silva didn't either.

Nor did GSP.

BJ Penn did, but he's a bit crazy.

"he only accepts opponent changes cry cry cry"

At least he does... Plenty of top fighters don't even do that these days. Not saying we should praise Conor to the ends of the earth as the bravest man alive or anything but at least he's willing to take these fights and keep cards alive when a lot of fighters aren't

Conor fans on here praise him for anything and that makes his haters feel the need to shit on him for everything he does. Fact is Conor has never taken a short notice fight but has offered to (although I doubt it would have been at 145) but has taken opponent changes on short notice to keep cards alive. I believe most top guys would do that but not all of them (Jones being the obvious example) so while he isn't entitled to a huge amount of credit he is deserving of some

I have to give him respect, because taking on that Nate fight wasn't risk free. It only takes a loss or two to turn a fighter from cash cow commanding millions to undercard.

fighting Nate again is a risk, if he loses this, his market power takes a nose dive, as does his prospects of moving up to LW for a fight with Alvarez.

That font size and colour is known as the "please give me attention because no one validates me in real life"
That response is known as the "Why are you guys giving attention to this guy? I have interesting things to say too. YOU GUYS!"

Beat it, nerd.

He offered to fight Poirier on the Dublin card. He offered to fight fucking Daniel Cormier when JBJ tested positive.

inb4 "he only said that to seem brave".

Beat it, nerds. Conor could do literally anything and you bums would find a way to talk shit about him.
He said it because he knew that fight would never get sanctioned. That fight would only happen in Japan.

I agree. I was thinking about this when Rogan was promoting Conor in the extended preview. It would be easy to take fights like that when you are getting paid 10 million dollars per fight.

In the pre-fight for his last one it was pointed out his last 4/8 opponents pulled out. So that's also before he got paid big money. Remember he was supposed to fight Cole Miller instead of Brandao, and Ogle instead of Holloway. Different styles and body types.

Back