TRUE DETECTIVE Season 3 Discussion

Season 1 is overrated. It's second half was a big drop in quality.

I gave S1 an A- and S2 a B+

As soon as Mr. Alright Alright Alright finished up telling the story at the police station, everything began to go downhill.

S2 was flawed, but it had some great moments... Taylor Kitsch's character intrigued me the most.. His ending was crazy intense. Other epic scenes included Ray V getting shot, the Mansion orgy

S1's setting was so good. Swamps of Louisana I believe.. Those creepy trees in the spooky south

I want S3 to be North West dreary overcast rain, or maybe Mid West Fargo Snow, or maybe El' Cubano South East Florida ala Dexter + Everglades... Or maybe Deep South West cowboy...

You guys are shitting to much on season 2,because 1 was epic. Let's just give it time.

Should just get rid of Pizzolatto and let Milch run the show

Season 2 was a gigantic disappointment. This proposed season 3 would need to look quality on paper to turn the heads of the big networks, IMO.

I know you're joking but ya know, if it was done right, that could actually be kinda awesome

If they just blew everyone's mind and had one season take place way in the future
The Hubble Telescope is the killer

I'm not going to lie. The prospect of another season of True Detective is sexually arousing to me.

I watched the whole second season, hoping it would get better after the first episode...

It never did.

Here's hoping 3 gets better. S2 was a downer partly due to S1 being so good. But over time, I think S1 is spectacularly overrated considering how it ended. Maybe S1 is the Usual Suspects but backwards.

Season 1 is the most overrated season. The only reason people watched is because it about child sex trafficking and abuse. If they changed the topic to like finding a briefcase or what happened to it, then no one cares.

Season 2 had a sex ring, but it was adults.

season 2 was fantastic.

Well, maybe not fantastic.

But I still thought season 2 was the best thing on TV in 2015.

And remember 2015 was the year we had the Hardhome episode on GoT.

People are shitting on True Detective 2 like it fucked their mom or something. It was a truly original, memorable show with great acting. It's like season 2 of The Wire all over again. It isn't exactly the same as season 1 and it has some minor shortcomings that are easy to target, so it must suck.

Last edited:
Season 1 is the most overrated season. The only reason people watched is because it about child sex trafficking and abuse. If they changed the topic to like finding a briefcase or what happened to it, then no one cares.

Season 2 had a sex ring, but it was adults.
<mma4>

I don't think I've seen a show fall off that hard from the first to second season.

10942526_1562352654032245_5115056599412867313_n.jpg

tumblr_m5tn61PemF1r7ms4po3_500.gif

I liked it but I've seen a number of people online fucking hate it

A number of people hated S2 before it even aired. Some hated it as soon as they heard the cast. It was good, but well below S1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back