TRUE DETECTIVE Season 3 Discussion

If season 2 existed in a vacuum, it would have gotten decent reviews. But it didn't and it couldn't even sniff season 1's jock strap.

season 2 was complete crap compared to season 1. even rachel mcadams in her undies couldn't save the show.

the reason why season 2 sucked is because of that comedian guy. he just sucked balls all over. they could have cast someone who's good to be a bad guy. another thing is rachel the notebook mcadams seriously she's only good for the time traveling love stories. unless she got naked or violated in regards with the story it would have been fine because it's something out of her character. third is that depressing colin farell cop. that dude is such a waste. he used to bang differenct girls day in day out with a bad ass attitude now he's just a sad fella.

i hope there's more brutality and nudity season 3 and something we can identify or something.

another thing is rachel the notebook mcadams seriously she's only good for the time traveling love stories. unless she got naked or violated in regards with the story it would have been fine because it's something out of her character.
good god man, you could just call her the "mean girl", and we'd all know who you're talking about, no need for your rape fantasies.

I'm in as well. I have a feeling they had a lot of pressure getting Season 2 out in a short amount of time and rushed it considering they were able to push out an entire season only 15 months later. This isn't like a typical show, the anthology aspect makes it a challenge scrapping the cast and plot. On top of all of this True Detective's season 1 director had virtually no input in Season 2. Apparently the concept was for a new director for each season and they ended up with 7 directors for Season 2.

They are going to be taking their time with this season and it will probably be 3 years in the making so they might have learned from mistakes from Season 2.

Season 2 had different directors for each episode. Yeh that is going to work only on monster of the week type shows, and not a show that is basically a single movie broken up into episodes.

I hope we find out what happens to the season 2 survivors. Mang that Kelly Reilly.

She does not get mentioned enough on here.

Since they went with the sex trafficking in both season, will do the same with the third? I guess that is only way to get an audience. Or maybe they can do something with the Yulin Dog eating festival. Like have the antagonist be a secret group of dog nappers in the USA that sell the dogs in China, or something.

season 2 was complete crap compared to season 1. even rachel mcadams in her undies couldn't save the show.

I can't get over how physically unbelievable she is as a high-ranked police officer. She looks like a ballerina.

good god man, you could just call her the "mean girl", and we'd all know who you're talking about, no need for your rape fantasies.

her storyline is about a character who was raped or violated somehow is what i am pertaining to. she even went inside that private orgy for the rich where she was drugged.

In the jungle where you have the lion with the sharpest teeth and the rhino with the thickest skin...the elephant who never forgets is truly the most dangerous animal. I knew this. Season 2 knew this. And you can fucking believe Caspere knew this.

season 2 was garbage. it had a few great moments, desert scene, colin meeting vaughn the first time but that was about it. a total nonstory. missed the mark completely.

If you edit Vince Vaughn's scenes out, or swap him with someone else, you could maybe make a good series out of it.

Denzel had great chemistry with the same actress (Vaughn's wife) in Flight. He might have been able to save it, but the plot was also terrible.

Season 2 >>>>> all of your faces

ea0.gif

I liked season two, had a real Ellroy vibe to it.
Plus Farrells a sick cunt.

@Jesus X are you giving shit to the " never do anything out of hunger not even eating " line? Cos I've seen people hate the line but I thought it mad perfect sense
Didn't watch the season (lol) but that line is hot,

This one should take place in space

I never really enjoyed the first season of this show it was ok at best.

For those that are saying "season 2 wasnt that bad" should know that that wont make it good. Season was a mess.

Whenever film makers decide to continue on with a product that just failed, i really, really want to hear someone blatantly ask them what theyre going to do in order to prevent such disapproval in their future project. As long as i can hear them acknowledge their mistakes, then i wouldnt be hesitant.

This one should take place in space

I know you're joking but ya know, if it was done right, that could actually be kinda awesome

If they just blew everyone's mind and had one season take place way in the future

Back