TRUE DETECTIVE Season 3 Discussion

I think the 3rd season is gonna work, people had huge expectations for the 2nd one because the first was so good, but now that we are not hyped for it, it could work if the mistakes made on the last season are fixed for the new scripts

I didn't mind 2. It wasn't as good but it also was a completely different story so I don't really care to put so much pressure on ranking them beside each other. I like that HBO is doing way way more short story type projects. I think true detective kinda launched that for them

Season two was alright. A little messy and overly complex, but still a good watch.

Although I really hope season 3 fires off all cylinders.

Yeah, @Dragonlordxxxxx posted the articles before season 2 started.

Like he always does.

According to Fukunaga;

"“The whole pitch was that in a true anthology, we want to sit it on a shelf, and every season we have a new feature director and make this wonderful miniseries,” Fukunaga said, explaining that they shopped the conceit to Showtime and Netflix along with HBO. “I was going to be the first one. And I’d be there to shepherd as much as I could the following seasons. My departure was always planned.”

The article also addresses the directors in Season 2

"The series’ second season used a rotating panel of directors under the watch of the show’s executive producer and creator Nic Pizzolatto. "

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/cary-fukunaga-true-detective-season-2-1201582339/

Directors for Season 2 (7 listed)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_Detective#Episodes

Season two was alright. A little messy and overly complex, but still a good watch.

It wasn't 'overly complex' if you watched each episode 3 times the week they aired before the next one, like you were supposed to

Duh

According to Fukunaga;

"“The whole pitch was that in a true anthology, we want to sit it on a shelf, and every season we have a new feature director and make this wonderful miniseries,” Fukunaga said, explaining that they shopped the conceit to Showtime and Netflix along with HBO. “I was going to be the first one. And I’d be there to shepherd as much as I could the following seasons. My departure was always planned.”

The article also addresses the directors in Season 2

"The series’ second season used a rotating panel of directors under the watch of the show’s executive producer and creator Nic Pizzolatto. "

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/cary-fukunaga-true-detective-season-2-1201582339/

Directors for Season 2 (7 listed)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_Detective#Episodes

Ok. Last I read about any of this was before the season dropped. The articles posted in the old threads said something different.

glad to see Nic swallow his pride and collaborate with someone like David Milch, this could be a good season

Season 2 wasn't that bad. Compared to the expectations of S1, it was a turd but as a stand alone, it was fine.

season 1 had a vision and a compelling story, held together by 2 really great characters

season 2 had no vision and a very lame story barely held together by a couple decent characters

Pizzolatto was rushed so bad by HBO to get season 2 out asap, I can't really fault him for not getting quality work out in time, he had years to put together S1....S2 was pure hypetrain trying to get out of the station before anyone got on board

If you edit Vince Vaughn's scenes out, or swap him with someone else, you could maybe make a good series out of it.

Hollywood needs to stop trying to push Vince Vaughn as a serious actor. The guy is barely passable in comedies, and even then he is almost unbearably annoying.

Hoping they can get Jesse Eisenberg, Karl Urban, Chris Tucker and the chick who wasn't Emma Stone from Superbad for this season.

Maybe Jason Segel as a child rapist who's also a super talented barista in there as well.
lol

season 1 had a vision and a compelling story, held together by 2 really great characters

season 2 had no vision and a very lame story barely held together by a couple decent characters

Pizzolatto was rushed so bad by HBO to get season 2 out asap, I can't really fault him for not getting quality work out in time, he had years to put together S1....S2 was pure hypetrain trying to get out of the station before anyone got on board
season 2 sucked because Cary Fukunaga left he was the actual talent proven by beasts of no nation and "sin nombre".

I feel like S1 has now entered mythical territory where they will never reach those heights again.

I guess this will prove whether Pizzolato is a hack who got lucky or whether he actually can write, though.
pizzolato was a hack season 1 fukunaga did all the heavy lifting and McConaughey quarter backed it. pizzolato made the crapfest that was season 2.

The 'problem' is that Season 1 was so phenomenal it's going to be extremely difficult to match it. So even if they put out a quality season 3, if it's not Season 1 level, and it most likely won't be, people are going to slag it. I think they can right the ship and put out something good. I'll definitely watch it.

I liked season two, had a real Ellroy vibe to it.
Plus Farrells a sick cunt.

@Jesus X are you giving shit to the " never do anything out of hunger not even eating " line? Cos I've seen people hate the line but I thought it mad perfect sense

Back