TRUE DETECTIVE Season 3 Discussion

Just finished the last episode. I think he wasn't actually haunted by the case, but the relationship with his wife

From after he quit the police it seems like he had a normal, happy life. He worked at the same University as his wife, they probably spent a lot of time together, his son became a cop and he seems fine with it, and I think him not seeing his daughter that much is pretty normal for kids that move far away from their parents. I could see why he never read her book. The interview just made him confront the aspects of his life, professional and private, from the time of him getting the case to quitting the police.

Binged the entire season yesterday. Well... the impression I got was that Pizzolatto dreaded having another shitty season so he just made a quasi-remake of the first season. Dorff is the edgy loner and Cotton mouth was the "good guy/ family man". Then there's the whole multiple timelines thing they have going on....yeah, this season gets a "no" from me.

Too me this is an "okay" remake of the first season sprinkled with a "happy ending" so people don't shit on the show(again) for being depressing. Also, that shoot out scene is such a fucking rip off from that netflix film.

Binged the entire season yesterday. Well... the impression I got was that Pizzolatto dreaded having another shitty season so he just made a quasi-remake of the first season. Dorff is the edgy loner and Cotton mouth was the "good guy/ family man". Then there's the whole multiple timelines thing they have going on....yeah, this season gets a "no" from me.

Too me this is an "okay" remake of the first season sprinkled with a "happy ending" so people don't shit on the show(again) for being depressing. Also, that shoot out scene is such a fucking rip off from that netflix film.

The shootout in that Netflix movie was incredibly powerful. It felt genuinely evil.

The shootout in that Netflix movie was incredibly powerful. It felt genuinely evil.

Agreed. And the way he kept saying "guy" prior to closing the door, go upstairs and starting the massacre was so telling he was about to fuck some shit up.

Another series from Pizzolatto where it's style over substance. I thought there was some great acting and I enjoyed some of the one-liners, but it fell flat at the end.

Reminds me of JJ Abrams and LOST (although nowhere near as bad) where he makes you think it's going to be bigger and deeper than it is, but it's just not.

Just started this and I'm digging it. I feel like it's gonna end open ended though and I'm gonna be rustled.

I liked it enough to finish the season, but it was no where near the genius of season 1. The ending was very anticlimactic.

I Loved season 3, even though the writer/creator is a jackass who spoils his own goddamn show mid-season on social media.

Still Loved the amazing performances of the two leads, a bunch of the supporting cast, great direction, music, etc., fantastic production all around.

This show will always be in the shadow of its 1st season. 3 was solid but it didn't have me completely captivated like S1 did.

And I finished it and I'm saltier than a mother fucker.

Dementia is a bitch.

And I finished it and I'm saltier than a mother fucker.

Dementia is a bitch.

This was my reaction. The way he drove all the way with a purpose and then just... forgot. Right in the feels. Especially considering having watched my grandpa spiralfor many years now

I thought 3 was very good. Will rewatch eventually. It was not a convoluted mess like 2, but it wasn't stellar like 1.

There's a lot that made 1 so fuckin good, and I don't want to disregard all of that when I say this:

Serial Killer! SERIAL KILLER! Do a serial killer story, and you will have the best foundation. Even if everything else sucks, it's still about a serial killer. I actually REWATCHED Alex Cross last year; that's how powerful serial killer shit is.

I say essentially the same thing in the HW forum, appealing to the shallow nature of sports fans:

"Tournaments!! TOURNAMENTS! I don't give a fuck who gets injured or whatever logistical concerns of the UFC. I just know guys like to fill out brackets."

Especially after 2 non-SERIAL KILLER seasons, it's time for another SK

ending was dissappointing AF.

Back