Social Toy Collectors Thread

I took the plunge and bought one of these last summer. It's much larger and more detailed than the original G1 toy so I only managed to transform it one time. His blaster is pretty cool and is loaded with sound clips and effects from the show.
41Rwm8sGzFL.jpg

Transformers Masterpiece Megatron
MP36-Megatron-022.jpg

I bought this for my brother a few years back because when we were kids I broke is g1 Megatron & he got super pissed haha

I have a bunch of Spawn/Todd McFarland action figures packed away in a bin somewhere around here. I used to collect in the early 2000's or so. I always took them out of the box though, I was never interested in them as any sort of investment. Maybe when I get some time I'll dig them out and see what I have and snap a few pics.

I had a few too, god damn if I know where they ended up. Hate to say that I don’t have a single toy from my childhood or adolescence.
These I the Spawn ones I use to have:
upload_2020-2-18_1-33-40.jpeg

upload_2020-2-18_1-37-8.jpeg

upload_2020-2-18_1-44-41.jpeg

New pic of upcoming new 6" G.I. Joe Snake Eyes!

From another pic, I think maybe there will be regular and then deluxe that comes with some sort of background Japanese style rack and a pair of sais and other small misc stuff. I just hope I'll be able to buy one of the regular or maybe deluxe. I think I saw a pic that has a sitting dog. I thought Snake Eyes has a wolf.

EDIT: The dog is one of two dogs that appear to be part of the background rack.

6zguqp311ph41.jpg

Last edited:
Wasn't looking for this, but saw it in a different packaging at a store that never carried this before and bought it for $3.99. My very first Tomica 1/64 scale car.
s-l300.png

EDIT: They also had this red Viper, but passed. After thinking about it, I should have bought it anyway so the store knows there's demand.

Last edited:
3pmcpc.jpg

A few from my stash...

The Juggernaut is HEAVY, I'm talking at least 2 -3 lbs. I have the original Planet Hulk fig. I'll post it for comparison if you all are interested. The Sigma-6 Storm Shadow, I got when my son was around 6 - 7. I got him Snake Eyes and Roadblock but he's destroyed those two! :) The Mandarin Spawn, I've had from around the same time.

From another pic, I think maybe there will be regular and then deluxe that comes with some sort of background Japanese style rack and a pair of sais and other small misc stuff. I just hope I'll be able to buy one of the regular or maybe deluxe. I think I saw a pic that has a sitting dog. I thought Snake Eyes has a wolf.

6zguqp311ph41.jpg

Few pic of this o see on IG.

Few pic of this o see on IG.

I'm no Marvel Legends expert, but I would have thought they'd reuse most of the parts from Night Thrasher. Looks like all new casting/mold.

3pmcpc.jpg

A few from my stash...

The Juggernaut is HEAVY, I'm talking at least 2 -3 lbs. I have the original Planet Hulk fig. I'll post it for comparison if you all are interested. The Sigma-6 Storm Shadow, I got when my son was around 6 - 7. I got him Snake Eyes and Roadblock but he's destroyed those two! :) The Mandarin Spawn, I've had from around the same time.
The moral of the story is you should have bought an extra for yourself.

I saw they are re-issuing the former BAF Monster Venom. I'm not a Venom fan, especially that one's open mouth head, but the bigger figures are appealing for some reason, which is why I pursued the BAF Wendigo and made a point to read the Uncanny X-Men issues where Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and Guardian cross paths with him.

I'm glad I bought the Marvel Select (long legged, too long) Colossus instead of the Marvel Legends one that looks stupid like his shirt is too small and the shoulder pads too small. The bad thing is the weird Star Wars TVC style hips are too wonky. How is Colossus supposed to sit on the toilet?

6zguqp311ph41.jpg

Eww why is it so big

Eww why is it so big
I'm cool with 6". If I can order Snake Eyes, he can fight Clone Commander Obi Wan or The Mighty Thor.

I heard on a podcast that their view is 6" cost the same money to create the mold as 3.75" but they can sell 6" for more, so I guess the extra plastic and bigger packaging cost is immaterial.

I kinda want to try to make a 3D model of the Star Wars Darksaber to 3D print for 6" scale, but don't really have any good reference screenshots of it.

I'm cool with 6". If I can order Snake Eyes, he can fight Clone Commander Obi Wan or The Mighty Thor.

I heard on a podcast that their view is 6" cost the same money to create the mold as 3.75" but they can sell 6" for more, so I guess the extra plastic and bigger packaging cost is immaterial.

I kinda want to try to make a 3D model of the Star Wars Darksaber to 3D print for 6" scale, but don't really have any good reference screenshots of it.

I dont know anything about 3d printing ... could i in theory be cranking out my own custom joes ?

I dont know anything about 3d printing ... could i in theory be cranking out my own custom joes ?
Only if you can somehow make or acquire the 3D file and can solve the problem of inaccurate fit from warping and shrinkage and find suitable material for parts like balljoint head/neck where it'll flex a bit as necessary. With accessories, you can probably have more success with fit and sand it if too thick.

eBay has people who custom sculpt and cast their own replacement heads for Marvel Legends 6" figures. I think those are resin, not 3D printed. Try googling some of the cool stuff customizers made where official stuff didn't exist.

Before word of official 6" G.I. Joes, I was going to buy Marvel Legends Erik Killmonger and Paladin with intentions to somehow turn them into G.I. Joe or Cobra characters.

The moral of the story is you should have bought an extra for yourself.

I saw they are re-issuing the former BAF Monster Venom. I'm not a Venom fan, especially that one's open mouth head, but the bigger figures are appealing for some reason, which is why I pursued the BAF Wendigo and made a point to read the Uncanny X-Men issues where Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and Guardian cross paths with him.

I'm glad I bought the Marvel Select (long legged, too long) Colossus instead of the Marvel Legends one that looks stupid like his shirt is too small and the shoulder pads too small. The bad thing is the weird Star Wars TVC style hips are too wonky. How is Colossus supposed to sit on the toilet?

Oh, I'm good. I really didn't like the Snake Eyes figure so I don't buy what I'm not into. They only had one roadblock though. So, I bought it for my kiddo. ;)

Why is it when someone says toys for adult it's usually a dildo or something and not a big red car?

I just became aware of Takara Tomy giving a special Tomica diecast car set to shareholders who own 1000 or more shares, that might need to have been bought directly from them, not sure, each year. As a person who finds this type of freebie if you buy this or that appealing, I looked into it a bit. It will cost around $10k US for 1000 shares. No idea if they will ship to USA shareholders. Ticker Symbol is 7867.

I think the latest set is a Honda Civic and a new Supra.

My head is probably too fat for those replica helmets.

Baby Yoda Black Series. Short box for short lil' fella.

1wem4qvjc4i41.png

Back