Top 5 Most Boring UFC Main Event Fights....EVER.....

gsp vs hardy wasnt a barn burner either.
Or GSP vs Koscheck. Good lord. That fight had the potential to be awesome, and instead Koscheck's orbital bone breaks on the first punch and we are treated to four rounds of GSP dancing around a half-blind Koscheck throwing jabs and never committing to a single finishing strike.

Maynard vs Guida was not boring IMO. It was hilarious to see Guida run around so fast and see Maynard get angry. Shit fight? Sure, but entertaining.

Cro Cop vs Mir for me, it made me depressed too because theyre two of my favorites

Rashad Evans and Phil Davis pretty much takes the cake for me.

I disagree about Silva v. Maia.

Sure, Anderson was being a dick to Maia for a significant portion of the fight, but the first 2 rounds were beatdowns. Maia was getting clowned and Silva was pretty much landing at will and with some flashy stuff. From round 3-5 though it was pretty boring, especially after all the taunting.

Silva v. Leites on the other hand was extremely boring.

Maynard vs Guida was not boring IMO. It was hilarious to see Guida run around so fast and see Maynard get angry. Shit fight? Sure, but entertaining.

Agreed, entertaining for all the wrong reasons.

UFC 85 (Bedlem): WTF is a 174 pound catch weight main event? LMAO, and not interested. (that is PERIOD with a capital "P"):icon_evil

How was that top 5 boring? It ended by flying knee(!) and was a good fight.
Did Silva/Lutter suck as a fight too just because Lutter was overweight? At least that would have been five rounder if Lutter made weight unlike Hughes/Alves.

It was a bad card back then but compared to the ones they put on nowadays in Europe, it was solid.

Fuck, I didn't even remember it was supposed to be Liddel/Shogun, then Liddel/Evans, but with all the injuries those fights were scrapped. Still, only event i have been to and a good experience overall.

I agree with Shamrock - Severn 2 being the worst main event fight ever. Or at least I can't think of anything worse than that.

5. GSP/Shields UFC 129
4. Anderson/Leites UFC 97
3. Rashad/Thiago Silva UFC 108
2. Cro Cop/Mir UFC 119
1. Maynard/Guida UFC on FX 4

I actually found Maia-Silva pretty damn enthralling, in the first two rounds because of Silva's totally crazy/ virtuoso performance, then in the last couple rounds cause it was like watching a freaking train wreck.

I actually found Maia-Silva pretty damn enthralling, in the first two rounds because of Silva's totally crazy/ virtuoso performance, then in the last couple rounds cause it was like watching a freaking train wreck.

It was definitely a train wreck. As bad as it was, it was like you couldn't stop watching. It was just that weird.

Any main event fight, these just happened to be title fights, but in any event, I'd throw in Nate Marquart vs Ivan Salavery on a UFC Fight Night on Spike as well....

UFC 129 is was one of the best cards of 2011. GSP's fight was the only fight that was boring.

GSP-Shields and Arlovski-Syvia 3 don't merit being there.
Both were exciting at the time of viewing for me.

Mir-Crocop, Ortiz-Cote. Rampage Hamill all deserve to be up there more than those two.

Edit: OH, and fucking Burkman-Swick.

I know this was co-main, but Lombard vs Boetch was 15 minutes of my life I want back.

Also, this is Strikeforce but T-Wood vs. Mein was brutal as well. Props to Mein for constantly attacking off of his back while T-Wood just stalled in his guard.

I know it is not a main event, but I couldn't get this fight out of my head. Does anyone remember Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Kevin Jordan? Cool superman punch at the end for the KO, but every second before that was pretty bad.

All GSP title fights were awfully boring.

Nick Diaz/ Carlos Condit. Condit had a smart strategy, Diaz did not adapt. Was expecting more of a war from both fighters with good standup and ground games. But alas, t'was not to be an exceptionally entertaining fight. Quite the opposite in fact, rinse and repeat.

Back