Top 5 Most Boring UFC Main Event Fights....EVER.....

#5 GSP vs. Jake Shields @ UFC 129: A bout defined by both fighters content with trading jabs the whole night, with neither fighter really taking any chances. It was like both fighters were playing it safe, hoping to squeak out a decision.

Totally disagree with your assessment of this fight. GSP was slinging the overhand right constantly after jabbing in. Shields gave it his everything to stay in the game, and on some scorecards even took a round from GSP for the first time in a very long time. Certainly this wasn't a fight for the ages, but this characterization of it is completely wrong.

GSP vs Kos I
GSP vs Fitch
GSP vs Hardy
GSP vs Shields
GSP vs BJ II
GSP vs Kos II
GSP vs Alves
Condit vs Diaz

...just off the top of my head.

GSP vs. Fitch? And Fitch is one of my favorite fighters too, that fight was awesome. Showed ton of heart from Fitch and how consistent St. Pierre's attack was. GSP vs. BJ II was a BEATDOWN as well..

Now I KNOW for sure you troll around here.

GSP vs. Fitch? And Fitch is one of my favorite fighters too, that fight was awesome. Showed ton of heart from Fitch and how consistent St. Pierre's attack was. GSP vs. BJ II was a BEATDOWN as well..

Now I KNOW for sure you troll around here.

jabjabjab

I don't find Anderson's fights with mia/letis boring, I think he just wanted to humiliate them as much as possible. I found them to be entertaining tbh, he made two full grown men question their reasoning for stepping in the cage with him.

These are the fights that made you wish you had that $49.99 back for spending cash, or almost made you swear you'll never watch an MMA fight again. Feel free to chime in with your opinion, or add your own to the list:

#5 GSP vs. Jake Shields @ UFC 129: A bout defined by both fighters content with trading jabs the whole night, with neither fighter really taking any chances. It was like both fighters were playing it safe, hoping to squeak out a decision.

What are your thoughts??

GSP threw more looping overhand rights in that fight than I can remember. He was playing it technical to a certain degree but he was trying to throw bombs....they just were thrown badly.. but maybe it was because his eye was blinded. I dont remember, nor do I care too much

These are the fights that made you wish you had that $49.99 back for spending cash, or almost made you swear you'll never watch an MMA fight again. Feel free to chime in with your opinion, or add your own to the list:

#4 Anderson Silva vs Damien Maia @ UFC 112: Well the first round with pretty entertaining, then the fight took a turn for the worst as Anderson danced around the octogon, with occasionally smacking the surface a few times trying to get Maia to engage, then avoiding any punches Maia threw. This fight was supposed to be capped with GSP entering the octogon to promote a mega fight, that is still on hold. Dana got so upset, that he walked out in the 3rd round if I remember correctly.

#3 Anderson Silva vs Thailes Leitas @ UFC 97: This bout featured a challenger who would rather jump to his back, then engage with the spider. Anderson tried to make a fight of it, but his opponent often fell to his back after taking a few punches, hoping to lure Anderson into a submission attempt. Never really saw Leitas in the UFC much after this.

#2 Tim Sylvia vs Andre Arlovski 3 @ UFC 61: This whole PPV was a disappointment. Not only was there a controversial stoppage in the Tito Ortiz vs. Shamrock 2 fight, but this main event bout put most fans to sleep. We expected an all out war, after AA took the first fight via submission, the Big Tim came back in the 2nd fight from a near defeat, to catch AA and finish him off. What we got? 5 rounds of AA dancing with the occasional jab, with Big Tim content to trade back. Neither fighter attempted a take down, let alone a clinch. This fight looked like 2 "Rock em Sock" Robots with less action.

#1 Ken Shamrock vs Dan Severn 2 @ UFC 9: The fight that almost killed MMA as a mainstream sport all together. After an apparent warning from the Michigan Fight Commission or who ever, Ken Shamrock resulting to not throwing punches, but open hand slaps, in an effort to avoid the shedding of blood and "too much violence." this was a fight that would make 90% of MMA fans throw-up. Defined by "lay n pray" and constant clinching, this fight is easily number 1 on the list.

What are your thoughts??

And if you complained about it, 90% of sherdog would call you a "just bleed fan".

TOM ERIKSON vs MURILO BUSTAMANTE
Although its not a UFC fight it Is hands down the most boring fight in MMA history. Bustamante is the shit, but this fight takes boring to another level.

There was a fight with Kimo in Pride I think that is considered one of the worst fights ever

I think it was Kimo/Severn in Pride. 30 minutes long and a draw

I came to this thread to flame you for being a TUF noob and leaving out Shamrock-Severn.

Good list.

Page vs Jardine, man I still shuddered at the thought.

I would replace GSP vs Shields with Sylvia vs Monson and you have the perfect list.

I personally don't think St.Pierre vs. Shields was that bad of a fight. It was mildly entertaining when I re-watched it. I think what made it so boring (at least for me when I first saw it) is that before that fight there was a stellar night of performances. Garza's flying triangle, Makdessi spinning backfist KO, Menjivar elbowing Valencia in the face, Jason MacDonald getting a beautiful triangle choke on Ryan Jensen, Ellenberger KO'ing Pierson, Rory Mac suplexing Nate, Vladdy getting a quick KO on Brilz, Machida flying front kick KO, and Aldo and Hominick's all out battle.

Back