Tool Guys, GTFIH…

Tool Boxes, organizing, let’s see your setup..
Just purchased the Game Changer, not sure if this will help my poor tool organizational skills or not, but this is the coolest shit I’ve seen in years..
There are actually independent small companies that make accessories for this system, it seems to have a cult following.
Just trying to figure out what goes where…More pieces available..Milwaukee Packout..

View attachment 881319 View attachment 881321

That's freaking beautiful.

yeah in home it’s fine. I can say the same thing about Walmart’s “hart” brand. Put it to real work in the commercial or industry sector and they are trash.

What do you think of Makita?

I have a bunch of their shit because one of my buddies gave me a circ saw and a couple batteries. So I bought one tool and then another and another… I don’t use them for work, but I did remodel 2/3 of my home with them and they were great.

Makita man myself.

KEK at "men" hiring illegals to do their work.

Reactions: JSN
My experience with DeWalt has been pretty good, Shop has a nice selection, One drill for sure has seen thousands of holes in steel and aluminum over the course of years, chuck is a little fucked but it still runs strong. Survived the abuse from the common idiots in the shop too. Of course most of it is top of the line stuff and not the homeowner models. Batteries don't always last that long (sometimes I wonder if its the abuse from the MOrons) but the tools keep on kickin.

To all saying Milwaukee sucks I pose the question, what do you suggest? In my shop, every mechanic runs Milwaukee.

What do you think of Makita?

I have a bunch of their shit because one of my buddies gave me a circ saw and a couple batteries. So I bought one tool and then another and another… I don’t use them for work, but I did remodel 2/3 of my home with them and they were great.
makita are great tools. they make great saws. ive had a makita circular saw for over 15 years. only thing replaced on it is the cord. dont know about their drills. never used them.

What class do you run?

I road race TAG Masters and TAG Heavy. I bought a 3/4 ton van to haul the kart. I definetly do not want to bring my RV and 28' trailer.

You can actually see the Milwaukee packout in the background.

117207867_10100314675345541_1567403001519278703_n.jpg

Gonna need a source on the warranty applying to home use only bud.
Their warranty is outstanding, btw. 5 years on tools, 2 on batteries. Shipping is free both ways. No need to register, provide a receipt, or proof of ownership. If it's not over 5 years old according to the serial number on it, it's covered.

It's obvious you're trolling, just can't figure out why....

you must not read what the warranty applies to and covers. i see why you are dumbfounded. defend them all you want. they dont hold up in commercial or industry, and warranties apply to home use only.

Last edited:
To all saying Milwaukee sucks I pose the question, what do you suggest? In my shop, every mechanic runs Milwaukee.
They're just bs'ing cause they're fanboys of other brands. The high end stuff from Makita/DeWalt/Milwaukee is all excellent. Check out "project farm" on YouTube. Guy tests all brands of stuff against each other.
I used to use DeWalt cordless stuff, use Milwaukee now. Milwaukee performs a bit better and the warranty is awesome. DeWalt is very close though. Makita usually won't have the power/performance of the other two, but the are built very well and last forever.
One thing I will admit about milwaukee-the fuel line is the only thing worth buying. The non fuel stuff is crap, don't waste your money.

I road race TAG Masters and TAG Heavy. I bought a 3/4 ton van to haul the kart. I definetly do not want to bring my RV and 28' trailer.

You can actually see the Milwaukee packout in the background.

117207867_10100314675345541_1567403001519278703_n.jpg

What’s your favorite racing video game

Damn, some of you guys are going pretty hard with this. At home I have things separated by job for example plumbing, electric, drywall, etc. Then if a tenant call I just toss what I need in a cheap Stanley rolling tool box.

Man I wish I could get organized, but my son and wife always stealing my stuff!
That's a huge pet peeve of mine. I'm at the point where I tell her to just buy me a new set of whatever she misplaced.

I just recently bought one of the suitcase sized Milwaukee ones. Now I'm wondering why I didn't do it earlier and gonna buy two more. So handy for all the small fittings and odds and ends I need. There's no hope for organizing my tools, but keeping track of inventory is a step in the right direction at least.

I don't like those rolling packout tool organizers. I want easy access to every tool without having to unpack everything. It's fine if you're stationary on the job where you work at one place, but if your job requires constantly going from place to place, it's a hassle.

I'll post mine later this afternoon. Mainly a Milwaukee guy. Love the M18 system. Part time carpenter & builder of things.

EDIT: Found a pic that kind of shows the setup. We have a 3 car garage. 1st bay is for tools. 2nd bay for workout & 3rd bay for the vehicle.

20211005_105822.jpg

Last edited:
Gonna need a source on the warranty applying to home use only bud.
Their warranty is outstanding, btw. 5 years on tools, 2 on batteries. Shipping is free both ways. No need to register, provide a receipt, or proof of ownership. If it's not over 5 years old according to the serial number on it, it's covered.

It's obvious you're trolling, just can't figure out why....
. Every tool we use gets denied warranty coverage. Dewalt, Milwaukee, and makita. These tools If they last 3 months look 10 years old. Porter cable is the only tool manufacture that has honored warranties in my field. Dewalt and Milwaukee will base warranties on appearance first. If the tool is beat down they will deny it. We go thru at least 10-15 heavy or fleas impacts yearly. Over 50 grinders. I’ve been they 2 circular saws this year but I’ve got prob 400 hours of use outta each one. I’m not using tools to hand drywall or build a deck. I’m using tools to cut metal decking for concrete, putting together trusses for a bridge, impacting ceiling brackets for football stadiums. Milwaukee can’t hold up to the rest. They do make great a cordless shear and pipe cutter. There impacts are shit, get three times the use out of a dewalt impact. Porter cable makes the best demo tools. Makita the best circular saw. This is field tested with thousands of hours behind each tool. Building residential houses Milwaukee are fine as I’ve stated. That’s baby work. Do big boy work with it and they fail.

. Every tool we use gets denied warranty coverage. Dewalt, Milwaukee, and makita. These tools If they last 3 months look 10 years old. Porter cable is the only tool manufacture that has honored warranties in my field. Dewalt and Milwaukee will base warranties on appearance first. If the tool is beat down they will deny it. We go thru at least 10-15 heavy or fleas impacts yearly. Over 50 grinders. I’ve been they 2 circular saws this year but I’ve got prob 400 hours of use outta each one. I’m not using tools to hand drywall or build a deck. I’m using tools to cut metal decking for concrete, putting together trusses for a bridge, impacting ceiling brackets for football stadiums. Milwaukee can’t hold up to the rest. They do make great a cordless shear and pipe cutter. There impacts are shit, get three times the use out of a dewalt impact. Porter cable makes the best demo tools. Makita the best circular saw. This is field tested with thousands of hours behind each tool. Building residential houses Milwaukee are fine as I’ve stated. That’s baby work. Do big boy work with it and they fail.

Big Boy work…
<Dany07>

I do interior renovation work for a living. Specializing in tile and trim. I honestly try to spend as little as possible on my set up. I buy quality tools but don’t fuss much with spending money on storage. I cobble together work benches and storage out of demo material and job site scraps. I never want to be the guy with the 80k work truck and Gucci accessories. I do my best to try and produce a high quality end product without passing along extraneous expenses to my clients.

Porter cable? Now I'm sure you're trolling.
. Every tool we use gets denied warranty coverage. Dewalt, Milwaukee, and makita. These tools If they last 3 months look 10 years old. Porter cable is the only tool manufacture that has honored warranties in my field. Dewalt and Milwaukee will base warranties on appearance first. If the tool is beat down they will deny it. We go thru at least 10-15 heavy or fleas impacts yearly. Over 50 grinders. I’ve been they 2 circular saws this year but I’ve got prob 400 hours of use outta each one. I’m not using tools to hand drywall or build a deck. I’m using tools to cut metal decking for concrete, putting together trusses for a bridge, impacting ceiling brackets for football stadiums. Milwaukee can’t hold up to the rest. They do make great a cordless shear and pipe cutter. There impacts are shit, get three times the use out of a dewalt impact. Po

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back