Tool Guys, GTFIH…

lol at Milwaukee
200.gif

My post somehow disappeared but anyhow..

Always set up like a pro if you're serious in your trade and use your connections to get stuff you dabble in..

Last edited:
I agree, however I need to fit and efficiently store my tools in a 45’ Motorhome, and a 50’ boat..so my options are limited as will be my tools and supplies..I’m attempting to organize the Packout so that the boxes are labeled and complete..
The screw gun box will be near the top, inside I tried to organize everything connected except the screw..
View attachment 881958 View attachment 881959 View attachment 881960

I cut and installed 1-1/2” foam, drilled out holes, and keeping my bits clear and accessible..
Yeah, I'd say in that case they're the way to go. Fitting all that in a 45' RV, that I assume you'll also be living in, will take a good compact system.

Yeah, I'd say in that case they're the way to go. Fitting all that in a 45' RV, that I assume you'll also be living in, will take a good compact system.

Fortunately the Motorhome has a garage that carries a Smart Car..along side of the car I have about 3’ of space..planning on rolling that beast up the ramp..I know I have to make some concessions, but I think the change of lifestyle will be worth it..
Also considering a 5 piece cordless set of tools..still agonizing about the brand…

What did you guys think about Fear Inoculum?
I only heard the radio singles, neither of which I liked. I think their music has gotten too masturbatory. I didn’t like much on 10,000 Days either. But I at least liked some of it. They peaked on Lateralus.

I think given Adam Jones’s somewhat limited abilities on the guitar, this type of decline was inevitable. He needs to suck it up and start learning some fucking scales and theory. He is incredibly creative, and has a very unique style. But he needs some real training.

I splurged recently and upgraded my old Craftsman table saw to a Laguna Fusion table saw. It’s just the Fusion 1 a huge step up. This thing is pretty smooth especially compared to the old hand me down craftsman I was working with. That thing was a dinosaur.
9763C0B1-BB38-47B9-AD89-9EBD7185FD35.jpeg

I also recently returned my Dewalt cordless track saw for a Makita corded track saw. The Dewalt was okay but the plunge felt clunky, didn’t cut as clean as I was expecting out of a track saw and the riving knife would occasionally get stuck entering the kerf. Only plus was I’m already on the Dewalt 60V platform. The Makita cuts so much easier. No weird plunge movement and cleaner cuts. Very happy I returned the Dewalt despite being a Dewalt guy.

B9CED53B-0CBE-45A4-B07E-2900E40BBD0E.jpeg B5A80B0D-5E94-4058-8CD0-84ACA62149A4.jpeg My bad guys, I read tools guys gtfih and didn’t realize it was about tool organization. I took down my peg board and switched to a french cleat system. I have one piece of a Dewalt packout. I don’t travel my tools so no real need for a whole packout system. I store most of my woodworking and painting tools in those tall cabinets in the picture and black box. I also just put up a Bora lumber rack. I have a rolling tool cart but it was one of my first builds and from scrap wood so not really wanting to show how crappy it looks (but it is functional) and holds a lot of different tools (mostly woodworking tools). I put all the miscellaneous tools that I don’t use much in labeled bins that are in a shed I built recently.

I only heard the radio singles, neither of which I liked. I think their music has gotten too masturbatory. I didn’t like much on 10,000 Days either. But I at least liked some of it. They peaked on Lateralus.

I think given Adam Jones’s somewhat limited abilities on the guitar, this type of decline was inevitable. He needs to suck it up and start learning some fucking scales and theory. He is incredibly creative, and has a very unique style. But he needs some real training.

Well I don't know who writes Tool guitar parts but if it's Adam I'd say he has a very good grip on theory, whether he can quantify it in sheet music or whatever I don't know but he knows how to make stuff fit.

What makes you think he needs to learn scales anyway? I'm not sure why Tool would need shredding or anything, the songs are mainly rhythm driven, Jones often is adding textures and soundscapes, he never overplays.

Strangely enough I don't have a pic on my phone but it's pretty identical to this, but white, and more drawers in the center cabinets.
IMG_2601-630x435.jpg

Now that’s a rolling Packout….what to you work on with that beast?

Milwaukee makes great stuff. I have the cordless M12 ratchet, use it all the time...
. Milwaukee is trash. They don’t last a week in my field. Made and assembled in China, marked as an American product cause they have factories here. The vast majority of Milwaukee power tools are not made here. Only the cheap easy to make tools are. Overpriced and less torque output than its competitors.

. Milwaukee is trash. They don’t last a week in my field. Made and assembled in China, marked as an American product cause they have factories here. The vast majority of Milwaukee power tools are not made here. Only the cheap easy to make tools are. Overpriced and less torque output than its competitors.
This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read here.

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read here.

Milwaukee used to be good until they got sold out to Techtronic in 2005. If you're a home hobbyist, they're fine. In a professional setting they're trash.

Back