Tool Guys, GTFIH…

I just want to know what these people are doing to their tools! We have one old first gen dewalt 20v impact that has been beaten senseless and we’ve only had to repair the chuck which was about 20$. Are we not working hard enough? Hell our table saw is 12 years old and runs like a champ.

so today with my dewalt impact i took off blast furnace and cooling chamber doors that roll out 30k pound coils of copper and zinc. (used to make currency for government). every 6 months they get cleaned. there are approx 2-3k bolts holding all the access doors on. all torqued to approx 200-250 ft pounds each. use a dewalt 1200 ft pound breakaway impact. in two days we will put them back on. rtv high temp sealant between the frame and door. impact bolts on. rtv gets everywhere. even on the impacts. it can sieze them, if you let it sit. there is no good way to clean it. the rtv starts to form up in about 20 minutes. putting one door on takes about 2-3 hours. you would be cleaning the impact more than doing actual work. if tool holds up you keep buying that brand. we have a maintence shop that rebuilds our tools for us. some brands are known for certain problems and dont work out performing certain jobs.. you stay away from that brand for those jobs. warranties just never work out denied everytime we try to claim one.

Cornwell is our tool truck. Got a snap on guy in there neighborhood, ill holler at him. Appreciate it
We have a Cornwell truck too, I don’t recall what brand electric he carries. I don’t get on his truck much. , Snap on and max got enough of my money already. Don’t need three truck accounts like some guys got. Those guys stay broke lol.

Used to have a Matco truck at old shop too got lots of Matco shit too.

Had a gear wrench truck for a while also that was kinda cool.

Specifically, which porter cable impact should I get? Im in the market

yeah there is a difference. first they are a completely different design. second 99.9 percent of all workers dont deal with hundreds and thousands of foot pounds. and porter cable impacts where never even mentioned. and shitty mechanics use milwaukee. real mechanics use snap on. should tell your shop that. milwaukee goes real well in a mechanic shop with harbor freight wrenches and sockets.

You know Milwaukee's half inch impact is almost twice as powerful as snap-ons right? Snap-on is twice the price for half the performance. Their hand tools are good power tools are overpriced
yeah there is a difference. first they are a completely different design. second 99.9 percent of all workers dont deal with hundreds and thousands of foot pounds. and porter cable impacts where never even mentioned. and shitty mechanics use milwaukee. real mechanics use snap on. should tell your shop that. milwaukee goes real well in a mechanic shop with harbor freight wrenches and sockets.

I just want to know what these people are doing to their tools! We have one old first gen dewalt 20v impact that has been beaten senseless and we’ve only had to repair the chuck which was about 20$. Are we not working hard enough? Hell our table saw is 12 years old and runs like a champ.
The first gen 18 and 20v’s were beasts. Still have an 18 that’s a monster as far as longevity

You know Milwaukee's half inch impact is almost twice as powerful as snap-ons right? Snap-on is twice the price for half the performance. Their hand tools are good power tools are overpriced
No it isn’t, they advertise it is but in reality it isn’t.

we’ve had more than one person fuck up cars with a weak ass Milwaukee not getting lugs tight enough.

and I’m constantly seeing our Milwaukee guys grabbing my snap on because there’s won’t break shit loose.

there is a YouTube channnel called torque test dedicated to testing the real power of all impacts. Check it out. The results might shock you.

and best part about the snap on , if I do break it I hand it to my snap on guy and he hands me a new one

There's also tons of YouTube tests putting snap on torque wrenches against Milwaukee the Milwaukee comes ahead every time.
No it isn’t, they advertise it is but in reality it isn’t.

we’ve had more than one person fuck up cars with a weak ass Milwaukee not getting lugs tight enough.

and I’m constantly seeing our Milwaukee guys grabbing my snap on because there’s won’t break shit loose.

there is a YouTube channnel called torque test dedicated to testing the real power of all impacts. Check it out. The results might shock you.

and best part about the snap on , if I do break it I hand it to my snap on guy and he hands me a new one

There's also tons of YouTube tests putting snap on torque wrenches against Milwaukee the Milwaukee comes ahead every time.
There sure are , made by people that don’t understand torque curves and proper testing methods etc.

If you hold a Milwaukee down forever giving it all the “Dugga dugga’s” it will eventually produce a higher max. Torque.

the snap on has a sharper torque curve with less “ fictional use max” therefor being a stronger impact in reality and real world use. And why it was designed the way it was bs being designed for a marketing gimmic.

What ya got next??

Read below.

There sure are , made by people that don’t understand torque curves and proper testing methods etc.

If you hold a Milwaukee down forever giving it all the “Dugga dugga’s” it will eventually produce a higher max. Torque.

the snap on has a sharper torque curve with less “ fictional use max” therefor being a stronger impact in reality and real world use. And why it was designed the way it was bs being designed for a marketing gimmic.

What ya got next??

You guys are ridiculous. If you use a tool and it serves it’s purpose and you can use it again, that’s a win. I have everything from
Craftsman to Dewalt to Bosch to Milwaukee stuff and you know what, it all works pretty good. The biggest difference in performance seems to come from different batteries in the cordless tools.

The test I was referencing was from the site you told me to watch. I really don't care enough about this either way to waste my time discussing but if you're interested in being truthful watch the site you told me about they have a test on snap-on versus Milwaukee the Milwaukee easily beat the snap on

What ya got next??

People that pay snap on money for their tools can't accept if they don't have the very best in every category. I admit I would feel the same way if harbor freight came out with something that beat the stuff I paid good money for. Reality is reality...
snap-on is midline performance with a great warranty and very durable. As far as performance goes there are much better options
You guys are ridiculous. If you use a tool and it serves it’s purpose and you can use it again, that’s a win. I have everything from
Craftsman to Dewalt to Bosch to Milwaukee stuff and you know what, it all works pretty good. The biggest difference in performance seems to come from different batteries in the cordless tools.

Funny story. Pick up an impact drill combo, Milwaukee m18. Get home, open it up and go to charge the batteries. Faulty. Back to home depot for exchange. Back home open it up, faulty batteries again lol. Returned for makita

People that pay snap on money for their tools can't accept if they don't have the very best in every category. I admit I would feel the same way if harbor freight came out with something that beat the stuff I paid good money for. Reality is reality...
snap-on is midline performance with a great warranty and very durable. As far as performance goes there are much better options
Don’t sleep on the new Icon line at Harbor Frieght

There’s a ton of. That shit. In my snap on box too lol.
And they copied the snap on font etc so it doesn’t look out of place(not that it would anyway with all the Mac,Matco ,craftsman etc off in there from the decades ive been buying tools.

The test I was referencing was from the site you told me to watch. I really don't care enough about this either way to waste my time discussing but if you're interested in being truthful watch the site you told me about they have a test on snap-on versus Milwaukee the Milwaukee easily beat the snap on
I haven’t watched them in a long time truthfully.

They must. Have fallen to the paid off category

their old ass videos had the examples I was taking about.

in the air test some unknown no name brand beat the shit. Out of all the big dogs, but it didn’t. Last for shit though lol.

For storage I only use Festool systainers. It's expensive but I like them and everything fits organised and clean in my truck or garage. There's also something really satisfying about the way they click together, it's kind of like an addiction for me.

Sanders are my most used power tool so I have a few Festool Sanders that I hook up to their dust extractor. I really can't recommend these enough. Clients are amazed when I'm working in their house and there's virtually zero dust.

Every other tool I have is from the Milwaukee Fuel line.

Back