Media Tony Ferguson training with David Goggins

All this Tony optimism just makes me depressed for some reason. I think he’s going to get brutalised by Paddy.
He's on like a 6 fight losing streak, lol. He's probably going to need this type of training after his MMA career to keep him somewhat sane

Looks like Tony Ferguson does not get it. Either he is in denial or simply does not know how to, but his skills have regressed. He does not need any more conditioning and toughness. He already has all of that. Googins (yeah, I said that) knows nothing about MMA and fighting so how is Googins going to help him with MMA training and become better at fighting? Looks like Ferguson got brainwashed into thinking Googins can somehow help him win the next fight when Googins has zero understanding of MMA.

I heard Googins' response to the negative comments defending Tony's decision to train with him and the guy makes absolutely ZERO sense other than Tony is getting taken advantage of. Guy does not even know what the root causes are for Tony's regression but looks like he is very defensive about Tony deciding to train with him (and him ripping Tony off with some snake oil cr*p Tony will regret after the fight).
He's on a long losing streak, ain't no training MMA, boxing, kickboxing, grappling going to help him at this point. It's a matter of just losing then retiring at this moment.

He's on a long losing streak, ain't no training MMA, boxing, kickboxing, grappling going to help him at this point. It's a matter of just losing then retiring at this moment.

Agreed. I hope so too.

Hopefully Goggins can somewhat develop Ferguson mentally especially with his mental health moving forward :(

I just hope Ferguson comes to term with the reality that he needs to move on. He seems stubborn enough to believe he needs to get back into the title contention, which is just scary. He has had enough CTE so hopefully Googins can at least help him handle the mental aspect past his MMA life.

So dumb. Tony needs an intelligent person to be his life advisor and let him know when he's doing something stupid. Cardio was never an issue for Tony, him destroying his body working out with Goggins when he's already 39 and has a lot of miles on his body is classic Tony

i have a feeling Tony doesn't mind the kind of workouts Goggins is into

Maybe their insanity will cancel each other out and they will use the remaining energy to do something productive?

Possibly?

Tony's cardio has never been an issue, so I’m not really sure what this is going to do, he needs to be working with Canelo Álvarez and a time machine instead.

This 120%. This to me reeks of I just want to work on things I am good at - cardio. This is ego training and stupid.

So dumb. Tony needs an intelligent person to be his life advisor and let him know when he's doing something stupid. Cardio was never an issue for Tony, him destroying his body working out with Goggins when he's already 39 and has a lot of miles on his body is classic Tony
He's just eating his muscle with those workouts. I predict he will be smaller, lose a lot of strength, and get taken down and easily subbed.

Tony putting himself through torturous physical training just to get himself turned into a Shadface meme by Paddy Pimblett would go on the mount rushmore of hilarious things in mma history

\

hes generally decalared as the hardest human to live. Google the things he has done like 4000+ Chinups and running 200 miles in 36 hours. Hes a cardio legend

It does not take cardio to do 200miles in 36h, it is fast walking/slow jog at 5.5 mph. Mostly mental toughness and to be injury free/prepared (close to zone 1 heart rate). Completely pointless endurance stuff for MMA, that can only get you injured. Goggins mostly does those crazy endurance stuff, not strictly cardio/VO2 max, you can google some info about his running speed for 5-10K runs, they are ok, like 7+ minute mile or so.... that is just good/average VO2 max

Last edited:
\

hes generally decalared as the hardest human to live. Google the things he has done like 4000+ Chinups and running 200 miles in 36 hours. Hes a cardio legend

He ran so much he became a dead beat dad. Let us not even get started on the two heart surgeries and zero relationships.

The man is a total nut case and should be ignored.

Back