• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tom aspinall on fighting blaydes

Holy fuck that's easily among the most delusional takes I've ever heard man.

Jesus Christ that's embarassing.

Nobody's saying Blaydes is a bad fighter or a bad win to have. But he's also another Dustin Poirier here: 1 fight removed from being KTFO.

It's embarassing when the Islam stans try and hype it up there, and it's embarassing when the Jones haters try and do it here. Note we have to say Jones haters as we all know none of you actually care about Curtis.
He has more top 10 ten wins than all current champions according to Fight Matrix:
https://www.fightmatrix.com/fighter-profile/Curtis+Blaydes/134803/

Who would still see Jones as a legitimate champion if Aspinall beats Blaydes? Blaydes is an infinitely better contender than Stipe in 2024, and he would also be a huge favorite against Gane.
It does not matter who is perceived as the champ. Being the litteral champ gives you more money and A LOT more control of your career - as in who you fight, when and where. Talking about fighting for legacy and all that is great, but money and control is more important, especially when he is 32 years old and as such his time is limited.

He has more top 10 ten wins than all current champions according to Fight Matrix:
https://www.fightmatrix.com/fighter-profile/Curtis+Blaydes/134803/

These you when you found out Blaydes was fighting Almeida instead of Gane?

UFC is protecting Gane...

<{nope}>
Don't be so sure. Jailton 50-44'd the guy who KOed Blaydes.

So strange how the span of 5 months you went from thinking Blaydes loses to Almeida to Blaydes is the best in the division and one of the best wins anybody could get.

You guys are all the same. None of you are the "massive fans" you're currently pretending to be, you just hate Jones and won't admit it.

These you when you found out Blaydes was fighting Almeida instead of Gane?

So strange how the span of 5 months you went from thinking Blaydes loses to Almeida to Blaydes is the best in the division and one of the best wins anybody could get.

You guys are all the same. None of you are the "massive fans" you're currently pretending to be, you just hate Jones and won't admit it.
Where did I say that Blaydes is the best in the division? All I said is that a win over him would be meaningful (not a lose-lose situation) and he has more top ten wins than Jones and all current champions, which is true. I think Almeida would also defeat Gane, so where's the contradiction?

Where did I say that Blaydes is the best in the division? All I said is that a win over him would be meaningful (not a lose-lose situation) and he has more top ten wins than Jones and all current champions, which is true. I think Almeida would also defeat Gane, so where's the contradiction?
Well if he's got more wins surely you're ranking him ahead of all those champions all time then right?

The funniest part has got to be that you used FightMatrix which uses a weighted ranking system and so would give all the champions higher ranks for (mostly) beating the champion or a top contender for their belt and then highly ranked contenders as defences. Curtis is #24 at HW, so how does he compare then?

Jones is #30 (-6 with only 1 HW fight)
Pereira is #20 (+4)
Dricus is #17 (+7)
Leon is #5 (+19)
Islam is #8 (+16)
Ilia is #13 (+11)
Sean is #8 (+16)
Pantoja is #8 (+16)
Weili is #5 all female (+19)
Grasso is #23 all female (+1)
Raquel is #35 all female (-11)

Wow he's ahead of Jones and Raquel all-time in their divisions. And Jones is only because he's had 1 HW fight whereas if you take his historical division he's #1 (+23) and the furthest ahead of Curtis of anybody. It's like quality > quantity for FightMatrix or something.

Like I said. Nobody thinks Curtis is bad. It's just more embarassing how much you guys are suddenly hyping him up out of nowhere, and especially after most of y'all were saying only 2 months ago he wasn't getting by Almeida and would be on a 2 fight losing streak, simply because he happens to have been put into contention with Jones now that they gave him the interim shot with Tom. You've probably been pivoting about who the "next" guy is to beat Jones since 2008. It would be better for all involved if you just stopped pretending it isn't anti-Jones that's driving all your new narratives.

Well if he's got more wins surely you're ranking him ahead of all those champions all time then right?
Not necessarily, it depends on the quality of their opponents, winning streak when they fought, time at the top, win/lose ratio, etc. The fact that Blaydes has never been champion is also a problem.
Like I said. Nobody thinks Curtis is bad. It's just more embarassing how much you guys are suddenly hyping him up out of nowhere, and especially after most of y'all were saying only 2 months ago he wasn't getting by Almeida and would be on a 2 fight losing streak, simply because he happens to have been put into contention with Jones now that they gave him the interim shot with Tom.
So what? I think Blaydes, Aspinall, Pavlovich and probably Almeida would beat Stipe and Jones in 2024. You may disagree but we will never really know because they will never fight.

Not necessarily, it depends on the quality of their opponents, winning streak when they fought, time at the top, win/lose ratio, etc. The fact that Blaydes has never been champion is also a problem.

So what? I think Blaydes, Aspinall, Pavlovich and probably Almeida would beat Stipe and Jones in 2024. You may disagree but we will never really know because they will never fight.
That's probably cause they can't string together enough wins to get a title shot. Just like they never have before.

He smashes Blaydes? He's the real champ. I mean, he is already, but Jones will do everything in his power to avoid fighting the actual top guy in the division. Tom will just have more ammo to use for his claim.

Loooool at this, Jones in his prime refused to fight Chael on 1 month notice and actually then fought Chael and Vitor, 2 washed up MW's. Dude was the biggest cherry picking champ ever lol.
1716615577376.png

CYRIL GANE WILL PUT ON AN ABSOLUTE MASTERCLASS AGAINST JON

to 1D Cyril just bc Jon squashed him like a bug

I love how you guys need to make up these fantasy scenarios in your head to make yourself feel better.

Jon was -170 in the Gane fight, and the consensus was that Jon would win - especially after seeing Francis grapplefuck Gane. But yeah, keep using fantasy scenarios to back up your opinions.

<Neil01>

When Bon Gamin is on point Jones stands no chance​

Jon Jones Likely Has Nothing For Ciryl Gane​

Jones has no chance against Gane​

Prediction: Jones is unable to take down Gane, and Jones gets KO'd​

Jones unlikely to take Gane down and hold him there. Jones doesn't have Ngannou strength.​

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...e-jones-doesnt-have-ngannou-strength.4279166/

Final call - Jones vs Gane predictions?​

Cyril Gane = everything Jon Jones is NOT​

Jones has NOTHING for Gane. How can he wiN??​

Gane will put a masterclass against Jones​

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/gane-will-put-a-masterclass-against-jones.4280188/

i rememberd jones in his prime he fought anyone you put in front of him
aspinall talking about making a name of himself and building his own legacy
it starts here
View attachment 1044809

Great fight for either guy

No one knows who they are and can build up more momentum for a Jones fight

If Aspinal wins, hes a little more than this months Jones killer who was never that good after Jones finishes him

It alteast gets him some PPV eyes with a victory leading up to a fight with Jones

If Aspinal is smashed, again. well we already know he was never that good anyway.

Gane was on a 1-win streak and Stipe is coming off a loss...
Sounds like the current contenders y’all are trying to pretend are suddenly so deserving.

Thanks for playing.

<Neil01>

When Bon Gamin is on point Jones stands no chance​

Jon Jones Likely Has Nothing For Ciryl Gane​

Jones has no chance against Gane​

Prediction: Jones is unable to take down Gane, and Jones gets KO'd​

Jones unlikely to take Gane down and hold him there. Jones doesn't have Ngannou strength.​

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...e-jones-doesnt-have-ngannou-strength.4279166/

Final call - Jones vs Gane predictions?​

Cyril Gane = everything Jon Jones is NOT​

Jones has NOTHING for Gane. How can he wiN??​

Gane will put a masterclass against Jones​

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/gane-will-put-a-masterclass-against-jones.4280188/

Right now, I can pull up links with morons thinking the earth is flat. Does that mean it is the general consensus of people, especially people who has even just a little bit of understanding of math/science, that the earth is flat?

Even looking through those threads you posted it is obvious that 90%+ of people posting in them believed Jones would win.

Edit: I am reading through more of those threads - how the fuck can you in good conscience post those as evidence that people thought Gane would win? Did you read any of them?

Last edited:
Great fight for either guy

No one knows who they are and can build up more momentum for a Jones fight

If Aspinal wins, hes a little more than this months Jones killer who was never that good after Jones finishes him

It alteast gets him some PPV eyes with a victory leading up to a fight with Jones

If Aspinal is smashed, again. well we already know he was never that good anyway.

Great points explaining the reasoning behind why this fight was made.

The HW division is severely lacking in every measure that doesn't have something to do with Jon Jones. Even the most significant fights in the division have been delegated to Fight Night quality not UFC worthy.

It is in everyone's best interest, especially Aspinall's, to take advantage of the Jones hype while they can because once Jones gets his win in MSG he is almost certainly going to retire and never fight again leaving nothing much to talk about in the HW division.

Derrick+Lewis+x+Blaydes+KO.gif
I love Derrick when he's not getting laid on, just reminding that Gane, who I was a fan of, is becoming a serial ducking rank squatter.

I said recently that Tom's manager needs to be fired. I think he probably should be jailed now, such is the level of incompetence.

Aspinall is doing everything he possibly can to sabotage his own career.

I said recently that Tom's manager needs to be fired. I think he probably should be jailed now, such is the level of incompetence.

Aspinall is doing everything he possibly can to sabotage his own career.
Could you explain why? It seems like Toms career is being derailed by the UFC, not by Tom or his manager.

I love Derrick when he's not getting laid on, just reminding that Gane, who I was a fan of, is becoming a serial ducking rank squatter.
When you know that anyone who can grapple will smash you, and you know they know that too, your only chance is to be very picky with who you fight.

I like Gane, he is just not a MMA fighter.

Back