• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tom aspinall on fighting blaydes

He smashes Blaydes? He's the real champ. I mean, he is already, but Jones will do everything in his power to avoid fighting the actual top guy in the division. Tom will just have more ammo to use for his claim.
Blaydes is on a 1 fight win over Almeida, which everybody was shocked he won.

Just admit you guys are hyping this up because you hate Jones. It would be less embarassing for all involved.

Loooool at this, Jones in his prime refused to fight Chael on 1 month notice and actually then fought Chael and Vitor, 2 washed up MW's. Dude was the biggest cherry picking champ ever lol.
It's amazing that you can bring up he refused to fight Chael AND fought Vitor

Without also mentioning that he fought Vitor INSTEAD 3 weeks later after the Chael refusal at the very "next" event.

It was also TRTVitor who literally failed his drug tests for being over the limit, who was coming off choking out Rumble and would go on his MW title run after Jones, but hey sure this was a washed MW.

aspinall talking about making a name of himself and building his own legacy
it starts here

View attachment 1044809
Post his actual words, coward

“There’s unfinished business there, evidently,” Aspinall told The Mac Life. “I’ve said this all along. I’ve said this before we last fought, which is over two years ago now: I believe that Curtis is the toughest matchup in the division for me stylistically. This is no disrespect to Curtis – it’s a bit of a lose-lose fight in the fact that he’s not that popular, is what I’m saying. He’s not that popular.

“The guys that you want to fight are the guys who stylistically you match up well with, and they’re really popular. They’re the guys you want to fight, and Curtis is kind of the opposite of that. I’m not saying anything bad about Curtis or anything, but he’s not the most popular guy ever, and he’s really good. I’m looking forward to it, though. None of that really makes a difference to me. I am preparing now 100 percent for Curtis.”

i rememberd jones in his prime he fought anyone you put in front of him
Guess Jon was out of his prime by UFC 151 then?

Last edited:
Blaydes is Jones worse matchup and Aspinall is the 2nd, so naturally the UFC makes them fight each other instead of having Jones fight the interim champ, Blaydes can end Gane's career in the interim.

If Gane refuses then cut him, he doesn't really want to fight anyway, he wants to be handed the belt so he can retire.

Blaydes should have got the vacant title shot but that would mean that Jones loses his record and Ngannou looks even better, outside the UFC.

Tom is in a different league, he's gonna fucking steamroll all of these cunts.

I don't know how a lot of you can't see that, lol.
The way he moves, the way he carries himself.

He's gonna run through most of these kids.
Most only have a puncher's chance.

The JBJ fight is really compelling though, that's a 50/50 fight for me.

If Curtis fights smart and mixes his striking with his wrestling as he did with Overeem years ago, Tom is going to be in for a tough night. I just hope Curtis can show up and perform. He always fumbles the contender fights.
It's possible that Aspinall's movement completely negates Blaydes' wrestling, in which case Aspinall might just buzzsaw through him. But Aspinall still has to respect Blaydes' power. Either way, I just want to see Aspinall tested in certain positions we haven't seen him in yet.

I'm not sure I'd say that Blaydes fumbles contender fights. I've always gotten the sense that he freezes up when faced with big power punchers. It seems to me the second Ngannou KO got in his head and made him gun-shy against those kinds of punchers (Lewis and Pavlovich).

Blaydes is a legitimate opponent. Underestimate him and you will yourself tko'd.

Just admit you guys are hyping this up because you hate Jones. It would be less embarassing for all involved.

Blaydes was on a 3 fight win streak beating Aspinall, Daukaus and Rozenstruick by July of 2022, Jones didn't fight Gane until March of 2023, Gane was coming off a loss and a title shot after only receiving favorable matchups.

Blaydes should be ranked higher than Gane, then, and right now.

Blaydes was 7-1 with his one loss being to Black Beast.

Before that he only lost to Ngannou.

Blaydes was on a 3 fight win streak beating Aspinall, Daukaus and Rozenstruick by July of 2022, Jones didn't fight Gane until March of 2023, Gane was coming off a loss and a title shot after only receiving favorable matchups.

Reminder that Gane's best win is Tai Tuivasa or Derrick Lewis.

What does any of this have to do with the absolutely moronic claim that beating Blaydes makes Tom the real champ? Blaydes is on a 1 fight win streak that everybody is shocked he actually won.

All your bullshit nonsense is OTHER times Blaydes was doing well in the division. Not the CURRENT state where's got 1 win going for him.

Btw if you're going to spout nonsense you could at least get right that Gane was coming off a win when Jones beat him. It's also weird you say Blaydes should've been higher ranked than Gane and then proceed to list people Gane actually beat/had close fights with that Blaydes instead got KO'd by. You know, the reason why Gane is higher ranked than Blaydes.

It's almost like you're a dishonest hack or something. As I said.

Reminder that Gane's best win is Tai Tuivasa or Derrick Lewis.

Derrick+Lewis+x+Blaydes+KO.gif

If Tom wins, it does not do anything for him - he will still be the interim champ and the nr. 1 contender. He gains nothing career wise.

Blaydes has more top 10 wins than all current champions in their respective weight classes and 8x more than Jones at HW. A win over him means a lot.

Blaydes has more top 10 wins than all current champions in their respective weight classes and 8x more than Jones at HW. A win over him means a lot.
Careerwise it means absolutely nothing. If he wins, Tom will stay where he is and be the interim champ and the nr.1 contender. If he loses, he will no longer be the interim champ OR the nr.1 contender.

No matter how you cut it, it is a bad fight career wise for Tom, but he is forced to take it.

Holy fuck that's easily among the most delusional takes I've ever heard man.

Jesus Christ that's embarassing.

Nobody's saying Blaydes is a bad fighter or a bad win to have. But he's also another Dustin Poirier here: 1 fight removed from being KTFO.

It's embarassing when the Islam stans try and hype it up there, and it's embarassing when the Jones haters try and do it here. Note we have to say Jones haters as we all know none of you actually care about Curtis.

He needs to prove he can bring in the numbers and headline a PPV.

Blaydes is a start.

If he wins, Tom will stay where he is and be the interim champ and the nr.1 contender.
Who would still see Jones as a legitimate champion if Aspinall beats Blaydes? Blaydes is an infinitely better contender than Stipe in 2024, and he would also be a huge favorite against Gane.

Back