• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tom aspinall on fighting blaydes

i rememberd jones in his prime he fought anyone you put in front of him
aspinall talking about making a name of himself and building his own legacy
it starts here
View attachment 1044809
While Curtis is not a popular guy, I wouldn't call it lose-lose. He has a chance to avenge his only UFC loss, and beat a stylistically tough top fighter. It's not like he's fighting Megan Anderson. That would be a lose-lose

It's not a lose lose because he gets a lot of credit taking the risk of fighting Blaydes instead of waiting around for Jones to fight or retire, which is what most interim champs would do. And that comes after the risk of fighting Pav on short notice.

He smashes Blaydes? He's the real champ. I mean, he is already, but Jones will do everything in his power to avoid fighting the actual top guy in the division. Tom will just have more ammo to use for his claim.

I think Blaydes is a tougher stylistic matchup for Aspinall than Jones would be, particularly because of Blaydes' punching power. I'm hoping Blaydes shoots for takedowns so we can see Aspinall's TDD and bottom game.

Tommy boy u finna learn what American muscle is fam tf outta here widdat weakazz Kube score out here plinkin' di opps wid foam cups Blaydes ain't got di best handz but dem enuff to scoop dat Intercontinental belt #Trust

"fAsTeSt rIgHT HaND iN dI UFC"

<YeahOKJen>

All due respect 💯

it starts here
View attachment 1044809
Loooool at this, Jones in his prime refused to fight Chael on 1 month notice and actually then fought Chael and Vitor, 2 washed up MW's. Dude was the biggest cherry picking champ ever lol.

Aspinall was about to get starched before blowing out his knee. Run it back.

He smashes Blaydes? He's the real champ. I mean, he is already, but Jones will do everything in his power to avoid fighting the actual top guy in the division. Tom will just have more ammo to use for his claim.

Fighting the top of the division is all Jones has done since he was like 23 years old so I don't get where this idea is where he doesn't fight top contenders ...he fought Cyril which was a top contender he would have fighting ngannou ....but Ngannou decided to go get knocked out in boxing..

If Jones wants to keep on fighting he'll fight the winner of Tom and blaydes

Last edited:
I mean had Aspinall waited everything out, he could've fought for the main title and then Blaydes could've been his first defense. For some reason most people skip over interim championship fights as not being equal to real title.

it starts here
View attachment 1044809
If Tom wins, it does not do anything for him - he will still be the interim champ and the nr. 1 contender. He gains nothing career wise.
If Tom loses, he will lose interim title, nr.1 contender status, and the chance to fight for the belt.

So ya....It is not a "lose-lose", more like a "gain nothing - lose a lot" situation.

He smashes Blaydes? He's the real champ. I mean, he is already, but Jones will do everything in his power to avoid fighting the actual top guy in the division. Tom will just have more ammo to use for his claim.sure trust me bro
thats what all up and comers do like jones did fight anyone and wipe out the division
but its clear that he doesnt like the blaydes rematch
lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back