To those who think Jones won't have a chance at heavyweight.

I agree but knocking the guy out isn't the only way to get a win. He has the most subs at lhw ufc history, I would love to see how'd that translate at heavy weight. and I can't see him losing too many fights that go the distance

Thats because the last the last 5 LHW champs have all been strikers. He wont have that type of success against the likes of JDS and Mir. Hell, I'd take Nelson over Jones if it went to the ground. But I think he'd gain more punching power if he moved up. Physics: Force = Mass x Acceleration. And damn near 90% of the shertards said Velasquez had no power and look how he floored Nog. Jones will hang with the heavies, no prob. I think he'll struggle at first but he'll find his rhythm.

Hasn't junior dos Santos taught you hulk power is not all you need to reach the top. Its all about precision and technicality. (Junior has mastered it to the point he can achieve knockouts with that technique.)

And if you think this is the epitome of power Jones will ever possess then you're naive.

JDS has been knocking people out his whole career. Jon walks around almost as heavy as what Dos Santos fights at, he doesnt have KO power. Its like Mike Tyson said, either you have it or you dont and JJ does not. Say what you want, if he goes to heavyweight he may do good, but he will never be dominant like he is now at 205

What's with you fanboys and your hardons for Jones at HW?

He has the perfect build and skill set for 205, why would you want to see him get dwarfed and out strength'd at heavyweight?

Sorry, but guys like Lesnar without the skills like Jones has would just smother him and out muscle him to wins. Not to mention what guys like JDS, Velasquez, Big Foot, etc would do to him..

Jones may do alright but his physical advantages will not count for much in the heavier weight class. His reach won't mean as much, even though he has a longer reach than most heavyweights, his height and frame won't count for much, and he certainly won't be stronger than most of the other fighters, an advantage that he currently enjoys at 205.

He wont get dominated or anything, but him losing is a lot more likely at HW.

What's with you fanboys and your hardons for Jones at HW?

Diluted of contentious cynicism. Translation:

"Why do you Jones fans have so much enthusiasm for his potential in the heavyweight division?"

logically speaking if you go up in weight wrestling by default improves.

I didn't bother to read the whole thread. But, could you elaborate on this?

As Jones gets older, he may find 205 to be an increasingly difficult cut, at settle at HW. I think he has many tools, which he will be able to utilize at HW.

I didn't bother to read the whole thread. But, could you elaborate on this?

As Jones gets older, he may find 205 to be an increasingly difficult cut, at settle at HW. I think he has many tools, which he will be able to utilize at HW.

He might have a hard time cutting, but if I were Jones I'd add some calf muscle if I were planning on making the heavyweight division my permanent address.

There are guys at Heavyweight who aren't necessarily going to be afraid of his range and who aren't going to blink an eye at his power. JDS...between his power and his tdd, I don't see how Jones wins.

People love to count Jones out. it's all they have. It's not like he is losing at all. I'm entertained by the desperation of people who live their lives for his loss. Keep waiting. hahaha!

Everyone is talking about jones vs jds. What about pat Barry, Struve and overeem? I think any one of them could give him serious problems. He could win those fights but he could also lose. How do you guys think he'd match up against the mid tier guys? And no I'm not calling overeem mid tier.

Oh Yeah I'm not a nut hugger I simply use common sense and don't blindly hate.

Why would you care if people dont think he would do well at HW, its their opinion and jones will go up to prove it to be true or not.

One thing is for sure is that jones will be one of the most skilled HW's at HW but outside of that why worry about it.

The skill of jones is there on paper he has to apply that to larger men at HW. HW is a slower and less mobile and less talented division then LHW but has more weight.

It is what it is

Everyone is talking about jones vs jds. What about pat Barry, Struve and overeem? I think any one of them could give him serious problems. He could win those fights but he could also lose. How do you guys think he'd match up against the mid tier guys? And no I'm not calling overeem mid tier.

We will see when he goes up, one thing is for sure he wont be an underdog to Barry or Struve he would be the favorite outside of every other HW maybe outside of JDS and Overreem.

That says alot for Jones skill and what people think of his chances at HW.

He will be a force to be reckoned with... but I don

The only guys I would favor over jones would be Overeem and Jds. But I would give jones as good a chance of beating them as anyone.

If Jones moved up tomorrow he'd be top 5 HW. When he gets to a functional 235-240lbs I would put him at better than even odds of him being the champ - and a long reigning one at that.

If he thinks he can just move there and become champ, he's going to get knocked out real fast. If on the other hand he takes the move seriously and leaves the arrogance out of it and takes some time away to properly adjusts his size to fight at a higher weight class I think he can do well. But those chicken legs have to go if he wants to be a HW otherwise any decent sized HW will be able to outpower him. Strength, power, and arrogance are his major hindrances to doing well at HW, but by no means is it unreal to think that he can find some success there

In the end of the day no one knows. He would lose some of his 205 advantages though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back