To those who think Jones won't have a chance at heavyweight.

JDS has been knocking people out his whole career. Jon walks around almost as heavy as what Dos Santos fights at, he doesnt have KO power. Its like Mike Tyson said, either you have it or you dont and JJ does not. Say what you want, if he goes to heavyweight he may do good, but he will never be dominant like he is now at 205

Dude, Jon Jones does not walk around at 240. Jon has even said that his non-training walk around weight is roughly 230lbs.After a full training camp before he starts to "cut weight", he gets down to about 212 by his own admission, and balloons back up to 220 by the time of the fight. Rampage Jackson on the other hand says he walks around in the 235-240 range when he isn't training for a fight. The heaviest he got up to was roughly 250 when he was filming The A-team.

just face it, jones skills are all good, he si good in almost every aspect of the game, but he is jsut where he is cause he has the body. same skillset in the body of rua: not even top10.

he dropped machida with punch and he has knockout power in his elbows.

enough to knock out Frank mir.

If a guy like Barry or Overeem can land some low kicks on those spindly legs of Jones, he's going to have some serious trouble.

There being less of a reach advantage for JJ in the HW division doesn't mean much when there are very few HWs that actually makes the most of their height/reach.

Who actually uses their height/reach advantage reasonable well at HW?

I can think of many tbh. I can come up with more that squander 80+ reach and 6'6"+ height than the opposite.

Why would he make the jump? It makes no sense on his end unless a huge payday comes his way. You cant put 35lbs of muscle on, so whoever said he should beef up t0 240, they have no clue. He should stay at LHW, and not even consider going to HW. Instants losses, Mir, he would destroy jones, JDS, ditto, Struve, ditto, THE REEM, a joke for a fighter, but would murder Jones.

My point is, he cant move to HW and be considered a challanger.

Now, if Jones were to fight anyone outside his division, it Should be Anderson!

I was really hoping that moron would have tried to post 10 hw's above frank mir. I wanted to laugh

Why would he make the jump? It makes no sense on his end unless a huge payday comes his way. You cant put 35lbs of muscle on, so whoever said he should beef up t0 240, they have no clue. He should stay at LHW, and not even consider going to HW. Instants losses, Mir, he would destroy jones, JDS, ditto, Struve, ditto, THE REEM, a joke for a fighter, but would murder Jones.

My point is, he cant move to HW and be considered a challanger.

Now, if Jones were to fight anyone outside his division, it Should be Anderson!

just like Mir smashed Brandon fuckin Vera

and since when jones is 205 fight night lol?

he already said on twitter that he is around 224 fight night

I don't like the guy and smaller people have given him fits. Vitor gave him issues when he moved forward. I think people like Hunt, JDS, Carwin, Nelson would all smoke him. He get's away with being a bit sloppy against guys that are all a bit shorter than himself.

Its foolish to think he would do terrible.

But one thing he doesn't have at 205 is power in his punches. That would be an issue at HW against monsters.

Not only that, but in 205lb, kicking Jones' legs is a weakness fighters can not exploit due to Jones' wrestling. However, I see Overeem and Velasquez having no problem kicking Jones.

Not only that, but in 205lb, kicking Jones' legs is a weakness fighters can not exploit due to Jones' wrestling. However, I see Overeem and Velasquez having no problem kicking Jones.

So why couldn't he wrestle Cain or Overeem?

Its foolish to think he would do terrible.

But one thing he doesn't have at 205 is power in his punches. That would be an issue at HW against monsters.

His length and strength allows him to bully his opponents. He won't be bullying JDS/Velasquez/Cormier/etc.

As for his potential beastmode after bulking up, his legs at LHW won't be looking a whole lot different at HW. Maybe there's a reason why his brothers are in the NFL and he's not. I guess he could Smolov his ass for like two years, but even then he'd probably need some serious anabolics to stop looking like Gumby.

So why couldn't he wrestle Cain or Overeem?

Jones' wrestling is mainly from the clinch. Overeem manhandles people in the clinch and Velasquez is one of the most relentless wrestlers. If anyone at 205lb can outwrestle these monsters, it's Jones, but I really doubt he would be able to.

His length and strength allows him to bully his opponents. He won't be bullying JDS/Velasquez/Cormier/etc.

As for his potential beastmode after bulking up, his legs at LHW won't be looking a whole lot different at HW. Maybe there's a reason why his brothers are in the NFL and he's not. I guess he could Smolov his ass for like two years, but even then he'd probably need some serious anabolics to stop looking like Gumby.

Who does he bully at lhw? Almost all of his fights he is using his superior skill. He didn't rashad or rampage. Shogun would be the only fight that he bullied his opponents. Everyone he just out skills.

Who does he bully at lhw? Almost all of his fights he is using his superior skill. He didn't rashad or rampage. Shogun would be the only fight that he bullied his opponents. Everyone he just out skills.

Pay the gumba no mind, the haters are having a field day with this until he starts stomping heavies, let them live in their fantasy.

You would have thought the HW division was the LW division the way these cartoons carry on about it. Its practically shallower and weaker then MW division with less talent.

He would do okay against people like Struve, Miocic, but you think Jones could take out Overeem! Junior! Cain!

Be real unless he fluked a win then be real

he would do great if he moves up in weight properly. That being said, i don't think he can beat Jds and Reem.

Last edited:

He has the same build as an NFL Wide Receiver. Jones' legs are "skinny" as far as fighter legs go for MMA, but as far as other sports such as the NFL if you were to have him play a position like WR, or RB, he's in line with guys like Calvin Johnson[Megatron], Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, etc... If he were to add 10-15lbs of muscle, I think he would work on his legs and get thicker thighs and calf muscles so he would probably be looking like Phil Davis does now.

Back