To all of you who support weight cutting and obsess about a "right" weight class...

Stacked with inferior fighters who cut weight to run from the best fighters on the planet. FACT.

Oh, come the fuck on, man.

That's not a fact. That's an opinion. Unless you're telepathic and they're all doing it for the same reason it cannot be stated as a fact.

FACT - Some guys cut weight from 207+ to 206 or less so they can fight at LHW.

That's a fact. Speculating that they do it to run from the best fighters on the planet does not resemble a fact in any way, shape or form.

I might as well say Fedor fights at HW because he can't handle the talent levels at LHW - FACT.

See how that's not a fact? It's factual he fights at HW. Guessing at his motivations for doing so is just guesswork.

Additionally the weight division with the lowest overall skill level tends to be HW. There are some really talented guys at the very top of the division, but the skill level plummets after the top 4-5.

No it's not the same.

Weight classes set the weight limits. Weight cutters cheat the arhaic weigh in system to cheat the weight class.

Very different.

It would be like putting poison on your gloves that would make a fighter dizzy when you would hit him in the face.

Or some other way of cheating, not yet prohibited, because there was no need to do it.

Cheaters find the ways to cheat and weight cutters found it too.

I'd stop them in a second given the authority.

No it's not cheating because the rules allow it. Some fighters are just better at it than others, just like any other aspect of the fight game. Sorry your favorite fighters suck at it.

God I love Mirko so much but he's too old school for his own good.

That's not a fact. That's an opinion. Unless you're telepathic and they're all doing it for the same reason it cannot be stated as a fact.

That's a fact. Speculating that they do it to run from the best fighters on the planet does not resemble a fact in any way, shape or form.

I might as well say Fedor fights at HW because he can't handle the talent levels at LHW - FACT.

See how that's not a fact? It's factual he fights at HW. Guessing at his motivations for doing so is just guesswork.

Additionally the weight division with the lowest overall skill level tends to be HW. There are some really talented guys at the very top of the division, but the skill level plummets after the top 4-5.

You are wrong and stop saying something is a fact when it isn't.

People like you want me to get rid of weight classes.

We'll see what you will say then about HWs.

And here's scold to scold us for having an opinion. CroCop said, why don't you scold him instead?

Because he doesn't know me:) If he did, he'd sip his bear in silence and jellousy instead of trying to have a pissing contest with me instead of CC:)

Lets face it, p4p only means you are make believe the best fighter in the planet. However if you are the HW champ you really are.

Great to see posters who understand reality:)

Everything this person says is the truth.

Such nonsense. You can't run from the smaller weaker guys to fight the bigger stronger ones and be called a duck. In no combat sport has that ever been the definition of cowardice. It is well established that guys cut weight to fight smaller guys, it has nothing to do with talent level. We saw what happened when Maldonado, a 225 lb guy who normally fights at LHW, fought Miocic who weighs 240 lbs. Size matters.

I seriously hope MMA dissolves weight classes to shut you people up.
I seriously hope you lose weight and stop ducking the better skilled fighters in lower divisions. Perhaps you might even have the endurance not to gas after a round and a half.

I seriously hope MMA dissolves weight classes to shut you people up.

They're not going to.

It's what was needed in order for the sport to gain sanctioning by the athletic commissions. Without sanctioning, no events in the big fight states. No fights in the big fight states, no big exposure. No big exposure, no bigger paydays for fighters.

PRIDE even implemented weight classes and they weren't even beholden to the athletic commissions like the UFC and all the US promotions are.

I guess PRIDE emboldened cowards in your eyes.

I seriously hope you lose weight and stop ducking the better skilled fighters in lower divisions. Perhaps you might even have the endurance not to gas after a round and a half.

I'm not ducking anybody:)

If a smaller "more skilled" guy attacks me, I will gently put him to sleep:) But I won't be losing weight for anybody:)

Such nonsense. You can't run from the smaller weaker guys to fight the bigger stronger ones and be called a duck. In no combat sport has that ever been the definition of cowardice. It is well established that guys cut weight to fight smaller guys, it has nothing to do with talent level. We saw what happened when Maldonado, a 225 lb guy who normally fights at LHW, fought Miocic who weighs 240 lbs. Size matters.

You've never watched wrestling apparently. Happens constantly. If the guy at the lower weight class is faster, stronger, and more skilled than the guy a class up (as is the case with pretty much every top level athlete that isn't a heavyweight)

And it's very clearly happening in MMA too. Not much at the top levels, because everyone is a killer there, but go to a few local shows or something and you'll see that all the heavyweights with any skill are in that 220-240 range, because it's easier to beat up fatboys.

They're not going to.

It's what was needed in order for the sport to gain sanctioning by the athletic commissions. Without sanctioning, no events in the big fight states. No fights in the big fight states, no big exposure. No big exposure, no bigger paydays for fighters.

PRIDE even implemented weight classes and they weren't even beholden to the athletic commissions like the UFC and all the US promotions are.

I guess PRIDE emboldened cowards in your eyes.

I don't care.

I want them gone.

Smaller fighters will be very pis*ed off because guys like you will make the comission believe that the smaller guys can hang with the big ones, because you hype them as superior:)

Well comissions know why there are weight classes, even when you don't.

So I guess weight classes are here to stay.

And so is the fact that lower weight classes are inferior.

I don't care.

I want them gone.

Smaller fighters will be very pis*ed off because guys like you will make the comission believe that the smaller guys can hang with the big ones, because you hype them as superior:)

Show me where I said they were superior. I'll wait.

BBaBPKACYAAVoIM.jpg:large

Not far off, tbh

470974504-opponents-jessica-rakoczy-of-the-united-gettyimages.jpg

Back